Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 11th, 2009 - 16 second rough cut

nice video! and cool another thing how to dettect ppl in sneak ;-] grass FTW
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

First time ever some grass have made me consider a renewal of a one year paid subscription...

Thanks for giving us hope.
    Best Regards,

abstruse74 - A Fists Only Martial Artist 220 / 30 / 70 [main] - Born 8th January 2005
    ----------------------------------------------
    Proud General of the Regulators on RK2

Alts: Bellad (L150 MA)* Regulatore (Fix)* Doceve (Doc)* Latexette (L60 MA)* Corsette (L37 MA)* Tetragtron (L46 MA)* Stingingbee (L55 MA)
    ...it's a lonesome path to walk, being a fists only MA, but somebody has to do it...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That (conceal) has been changed but hasn't been brought to the Live dimensions yet. But thanks for pointing out that detail..I really hadn't thought of that yet. I was just too excited about how great it looked.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Quote Originally Posted by vesper
    That (conceal) has been changed but hasn't been brought to the Live dimensions yet. But thanks for pointing out that detail..I really hadn't thought of that yet. I was just too excited about how great it looked.
    Imho, it's a detail that should stay - even in lot's of scifi movies you can see cloaked ppl by that kind of artifacts.
    Don't forget, the physical body is still there, it's just invisible.
    Last edited by SoldiTwo; Dec 11th, 2009 at 19:26:58. Reason: forgot my text lol

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Imagine what a marketing/video editing guy could do with this...

I am so happy with the progress being made.

The moving grass made my day...I hope it makes yours.

Clicky
    Nice video, the sky and grass effect is amazing. Is that grass always going to be so tall there or was it just to show the effects?
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Parsed View Post
    [v] Turn grass off....

Hate to say it, but with the more recent games, that's one of the first things I do... smoother gameplay, and more importantly, easier to see the bodies of the slain..

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

The Coder Formerly known as INSERTGMNICKHERE Parsed's Avatar

Funcom employee

About the sneaky part... thats a very good question

As of now i guess you would be making the grass move even if you were in a successful sneak...
    But it's not a problem to remove it if in sneak...
    On the other hand... it might just be a leet... The grass is kinda tall

And just to clarify.. "features" added like bump, specular, grass etc...
    How tall the grass is, and how bumpy the bumpmap is, is just a tweaking issue...
    it's in, it's working, it'll be looked at by an artist and "fixed" befor it gets released

RAWR!!!!! Might be eyesore RAWR! but what a RAWR!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Not to be nit-picky, because the effect is really good... but it does kinda look like the person has an invisible 1-foot (1/3-meter) shield surrounding his legs as he walks through the grass.

But that would actually be a nice touch-- casting shields and blockers could make the grass "lay down" in a hemispherical pattern starting at the player's feet... and when the shield dissipates, the grass could spring back up.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Now tiny agents can re-enact their favorite scenes from Honey I Shrunk the Kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

Keep this effect! It's a classic in all "invisible man" movies: footprints in the snow, silhouette appearing under the rain, etc. It adds some fun gameplay features.
    (The only drawback being that people who turn some effects off -assuming "raised" vegetation can be turned off- won't be able to spot concealed characters in a few specific situations. Still... it's such a nice feature that I'm not sure if should be removed.)
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Thumbs up

omg that looks good...

Can't wait to see on my own screen....
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Whoho! Awesome work, keep up the good work! , Means maybe you missed out in the previous FWM, so Ill also post it here for you : http://i50.tinypic.com/14bm9w1.jpg I improved your screenshot a bit =).

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    Imho, it's a detail that should stay - even in lot's of scifi movies you can see cloaked ppl by that kind of artifacts.
    I can agree that it's a logical thing to keep.

However it, combined with things like AoE fears and AoE roots, would ruin sneaking in areas like that because you'd know where to fire one off to unsneak us.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Awesome video, I hope that everyone has their on collision box size, then it would make ruse agents sneaking more effective then say mongo enfs sneaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhoundje View Post
    Whoho! Awesome work, keep up the good work! , Means maybe you missed out in the previous FWM, so Ill also post it here for you : http://i50.tinypic.com/14bm9w1.jpg I improved your screenshot a bit =).
    THAT my friend is getting saved, very LOL.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhoundje View Post
    LOL!

Good one
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

ruh roh, pass the kleenex.

Good job guys!
    When a man can pretend to be someone he's not... to get something he doesn't necessarily deserve. Sometimes, all you need is a lab coat.

I'm in support of the grass making way for sheilds and stealthy foes, as long as those stealthy foes have a diminished impact on the grass while using negative scale effects.

And 30 foot tall enfos should pretty much obliterate the grass.
    WTB guards shooting people who don't obey the "keep off grass" signs ^^.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    do we really need such resource using grass in mmo?
    Shoosh, you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    It's coming together nicely... Grass ftw, it's the little things like that which really make or break the immersion factor..
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    This.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast