Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP concerns: TL5 Discussion

MP concerns: TL5 Discussion

This is the discussion thread for problems and concerns MPs face during TL5 in pvp and pvm.

As in the other threads, please stay on topic and keep the flames out.

More debuffs (those tl5 heavy damage debuffs are pretty lame - level 220 ones would actually be decent for title 5), level locks removed from pets (except from green frog) - need for better pets at that level, new nukes (ice nukes with snare, we need some sort of working CC - that goes for tl7 as well).
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

seems MPs can get quite good dodge range, but seems a bit weaker against melee.

in my experience, with an AR setup on my keeper, if I get close to a MP they splat on second perk of alpha, I think a bit more juice in the mezz pet could be useful, maybe some kind of CC tool, a perk root maybe, and blind or something, similar to NT which would lower AAO?

their defences are reasonable if done right, but I think they might need just a little bit of a buffer.. if you get the jump on them, they are dead in seconds.

A lower version of masters bidding maybe. Pets are pretty underpowered in pvp at this level. Mps are better off than crat/eng, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    A lower version of masters bidding maybe. Pets are pretty underpowered in pvp at this level. Mps are better off than crat/eng, but still...

This, and improve the AR by about 200 pts. I'd like also like to see the land% of NSD drop to something reasonable at that level as well. Also, I'd like to see an improvement of viable PVP weapons at that level for just a lil extra diversity. Although its a pain to loose the AAD from asmodian, could make up for it like a mini tigress or some upgraded version of the sapph or pow bows (that isn't crappy like sharky's or the 00 Weapons)

Oh and the biggest by far... something to take away from people's ability to insta spam CC on pets.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    seems MPs can get quite good dodge range, but seems a bit weaker against melee.
    Actually, you're completely wrong. My MP has 100+ more Evade than Dodge def as a side-effect of Parry Stick and Boots of the Dancing King (for Runspeed).

in my experience, with an AR setup on my keeper, if I get close to a MP they splat on second perk of alpha, I think a bit more juice in the mezz pet could be useful, maybe some kind of CC tool, a perk root maybe, and blind or something, similar to NT which would lower AAO?
    No, what would be better is:

1. Stupid double AAO check on AI perks is removed (already being done) so we don't get perked left and right.
    2. We get a (much) better healpet so we're not forced to hang around 4k hp to survive an alpha/30%-cap spam.
    3. Spirit of Blessing heals more.

Keeper regulars hurt like hell and so do Enf regulars, for the simple reason our hp HAS to be low against a lot of professions.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Now as for the normal response, concerning TL5 MP pvp:

- We're reliant on low hp to survive high damage --> our healpet can't even keep up with regular damage most of the time if we're fighting a high AR prof, let alone perks and unmissable specials.

- We're being perked left and right with Champion perks from any decent twink, I hope we will get enough def to avoid that in the future (even with 110% AR checks on Champ perks).

- NanoTechnician's NR debuffs are WAY over the top for us, it's our only real defense against nukes. Not only do they completely ignore our NR, they also get to mezz our healpet, leaving the only way to win against a good one spamming NSD and pray that it lands.

- Yidira, well, lol. Root shouldn't instabreak when someone sneezes, and Yidira should be able to root a KITER not only someone who is already standing still.

- TL5 trader vs MP fights are fine. I tear 99% of them apart within the minute, and even if they land one drain the fight isn't over.

- NR checking perks don't land on any *real* twink, barring trader/agent. Will be fixed post-balancing thanks to the removal of AAD/AAO checks.

- Shield of Asmodean + something melee in mainhand with a high def setup is the only viable option to survive in pvp. Using a Creation in the other hand won't allow you to kill a twink any better, but does gimp you more.

- Damage debuffing lines are, like Klod said, a joke. The only time I use those is when I don't really have anything better to cast, such as when a toon uses Bio Cocoon or TMSX (along with Curse of Chronos).

- Even if pets look like they're humping your kiting victim, they're not landing hits. Just like other melee classes.

- Pet NR is stupid. Give more NR and/or resistance. Fix the snare-and-death bug (described elsewhere, you know where Dancingrage).
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Liking what I'm seeing so far, folks. If you know anyone who has an MP who's done pvp or solo pvm at this title level I'd like to see their input if possible!

Not necessary tl5 related but new nukes would be welcome, although i feel that regs to cast em should be relatively high, as you can od pretty much almost anyone at pvm if you have any decent wep and spam nukes and perks as they come available. Mini-masters bidding and a slight increase on pets range (?) would be great improvement also. I also thought about trying to pvp as bow-mp but according to calcs i couldnt get evades to evade anything actually. As mentioned earlier going all out on evades is pretty must as mp on tl5 at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahina
    Just realized Trader was the anagram of Retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matammyr
    Judging by your sig, you're Finnish, and I just want to say that if I could be anything else in the world than what I am, I'd be Finnish.

thanks for the correction lups, just out of curiosity though, if you de-equip parry sticks, for a weapon you might hit someone with...I mean, a bow or something, are you truly hooped?

thanks for the correction lups, just out of curiosity though, if you de-equip parry sticks, for a weapon you might hit someone with...I mean, a bow or something, are you truly hooped?
    If I unequip my Parry Stick I can only use another melee 1h weapon with it. For example a SoW. But since MP AR is crappy, it's not worth the effort really, you only gain the SneakAttack there.

If I were to get rid of Shield *and* parry stick I would go instasplat a LOT more. That's 310 EvadeClose def lost, and 210 DodgeRange def lost. On top of that if you hit Fire damage, it'll lose me 30% reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalfox View Post
    Not necessary tl5 related but new nukes would be welcome, although i feel that regs to cast em should be relatively high, as you can od pretty much almost anyone at pvm if you have any decent wep and spam nukes and perks as they come available.
    Yeah agreed. If you want, a TL5 MP twink can OD everything else in PvM, even come close to Shade damage, as long as the mob has a sufficiently long hp bar.

Those quest-reward 2hb staffs are really awesome DD. I would consider moving the Healing Staff down a few zones though, that's way over the top for an Inf quest reward.

The only trouble is that with MIMQ taunt + high DD you're likely to end up tanking, for hard hitting mobs that's terribad. Removing the taunt from MIMQ would be nice (otherwise, can always use MIGL).

With AS/SA changes and ai perk changes MPs at tl5 wont need anything tbh.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

have a couple questions for my TL5 MP twink.

Wondering about armor mostly,

Sharpshooter glasses or CS?
    250ish OFAB or CS?
    CS boots or Dancing King boots
    CS chest or 250+ Wife beater?
    CS or Maiden's gloves
    any thoughts?
    Hatzilla 220/30/70 Soldier
    Azturness 220/30 Engineer
    Pearlywhite 220/30 Adventurer
    Jervistetch 220/30 Doctor
    Woopwoop 220/30/70 Enforcer
    Ruleofthumb 150/21
    Olbitty 184/22 Agent
    Bigblac 220/30/70 Shade
    Skankmasta 220 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Shankmasta View Post
    have a couple questions for my TL5 MP twink.

Wondering about armor mostly,

Sharpshooter glasses or CS?
    Sureshot Glasses.

CS boots or Dancing King boots
    Definitely Dancing King.

CS chest or 250+ Wife beater?
    QL250 Mystical Force Tight Shirt.

CS or Maiden's gloves
    any thoughts?
    Those are NT only, I would go with CS.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

As someone who has done a lot of twinking for bow at this level I would suggest the following to give us more usable AR:-

A modification chip for Ofab that enbles you to add/replace a particular weapon skill to every part in this case bow (MP Chest ofc has bow already) that drops in the team instance of Dark Ruins for different classes, maybe even call it Ultimate Ofab . This gives a valid alternative to Alien Armor without affecting TL7 fun <j/k> .
    Last edited by Klanbear; Dec 13th, 2009 at 16:26:35.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

w/e you do, make mp's pet charmable for a tl5 crat;p currently the sl pet is uncharmable even using the allappa reward - psy nano
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    w/e you do, make mp's pet charmable for a tl5 crat;p currently the sl pet is uncharmable even using the allappa reward - psy nano
    Huh?

Anyways, charms are bad. They should be PvM only. Go ask for lower level version of Carlo or something.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

CC is the bigest problem for a mp pvping at this TL. In terms of duels not so much as in situations with more people involved.

Btw. if parry gets changed, why not add parry to the shields? This could help with the lack of healing issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast