Thread: MP Concerns for TL3 in pvp Discussion

MP Concerns for TL3 in pvp Discussion

Despite the fact that everything in regards to the Professionals program being a bit slowed up on the back end, I told a few folks that this week I'd start a thread to get some input on what folks think is needed for MPs at TL3 in terms of pvp.

This is a TL that while once pretty strong for MP has seen a bit of relative decline as other professions have caught up while our toolset (whipping out really big pets) has remained fairly static. I'd like to see what players of MPs of that TL would like to see happen to improve the toolset at that TL and keep us competitive.

Please stay on topic and keep comments constructive.

Pet root/snare/calm remover from level 49.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Level lock trader drains.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

1. No more double AAO checking perks (being fixed already).
    2. Level lock trader drains.
    3. Root/snare/calm resistance for pets and root/snare/calm removers.

Small no4, maybe allow MP to reach a decent def without using shield: get a bit of a decent weapon on.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

hi

I dont have a MP, but I get to fight severals at TL3, with several TL3 toons myself.

You indeed suffer from calm / roots / snare
    you indeed suffer from trader drains (as almost every one ...)
    you maybe suffer from double AAO check on perks ... even if at TL3, the perks are not that devastating...

if you get what you ask, ("corrections" for the above") ... who exactly is going to be albe to kill you ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    if you get what you ask, ("corrections" for the above") ... who exactly is going to be albe to kill you ?
    Same people that kill us already. It will just require more effort in doing so.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Having taken an NT to Reids' TL3 MP several times, I can attest to the ease at which MP pets are disabled at this TL. Reids' inability to perk me (parry sticks equal laughable AR for perks) combined with my ability to disable his pets meant a lot of our fights were pretty one-sided.

Mind you, he's fighting in top-of-the-line Combined Scouts, fully twinked to the nines. I'm in ql75 Nano armor. Hardly could call myself twinked. Still wearing the Blue Bathrobe when Neleb's gear was out. You get the picture.

Sure, there's a root/snare remover at 75, but before then there's nada, and the R/S remover line does nothing for calms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Having taken an NT to Reids' TL3 MP several times, I can attest to the ease at which MP pets are disabled at this TL. Reids' inability to perk me (parry sticks equal laughable AR for perks) combined with my ability to disable his pets meant a lot of our fights were pretty one-sided.

Mind you, he's fighting in top-of-the-line Combined Scouts, fully twinked to the nines. I'm in ql75 Nano armor. Hardly could call myself twinked. Still wearing the Blue Bathrobe when Neleb's gear was out. You get the picture.

Sure, there's a root/snare remover at 75, but before then there's nada, and the R/S remover line does nothing for calms.
    Yeah nurf that

My MP has been stripped for about 2 years now. I stripped him for a few reasons:

• Clan TL3 force at the time consisted of about 90% of calming profs, this was hugely frustrating and meant pretty much anyone could take me out whilst I terminated my pets and had to re-cast (not an option if a trader had calmed them or a NT had CoFed me)
    • Combine the above point and the ability to attack MPs pets without getting flagged yourself. Lots of traders would calm my pets then attack me after my pets were disabled. This maybe fixed now, not sure.
    Other than that TL3 MPs don't really need anything else, they're pretty OPed in the right hands. Plenty of DD, plenty of evades, plenty of NR. Just lack a role in mass PvP.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    Pet root/snare/calm remover from level 49.
    bump! even tho tl3 mp's are pretty balanced, tl5 on the other hand..