Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Really great skin for the most part !! With this and the new default planet map, new players will be in front of something that is more up to date in therm of clarity.

On the other hand, i think that most players that have other GUI than the default AO one, is for the new access buttons too. Like in the AOU Mod, we have a thin bottom left button bar that replace more or less the side wings ' icons, and allow us more customization of our GUI.
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny

Quote Originally Posted by Butsut3kkai View Post
    On the other hand, i think that most players that have other GUI than the default AO one, is for the new access buttons too. Like in the AOU Mod, we have a thin bottom left button bar that replace more or less the side wings ' icons, and allow us more customization of our GUI.
    I'm continually astounded that people actually click on onscreen buttons to do stuff instead of using hotkeys O.o The SL GUI wings I disabled when it became possible. They serve no purpose other than to clutter and take up space that could be occupied by chatwindows. The buttons in them? Never used. The targeting information there? Visible at the top of the screen, why spend 10% of the total screenspace to show redundant information. Never really made any sense.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I'm continually astounded that people actually click on onscreen buttons to do stuff instead of using hotkeys O.o The SL GUI wings I disabled when it became possible. They serve no purpose other than to clutter and take up space that could be occupied by chatwindows. The buttons in them? Never used. The targeting information there? Visible at the top of the screen, why spend 10% of the total screenspace to show redundant information. Never really made any sense.
    i need GUI buttons for faction window and when ordering vehicle. cant remember hotkeys :/
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Shift+V for vehicles afaik.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

and "/open faction" for faction :P.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Sure that i use a lot of shortcut in game. But it s more for non fight function that i need buttons.
    For example, i m using the AOU GUI. No more ugly fat wings but every function are in a tiny button bar in the bottom left of the screen. Usefull for a ot of things.
    That being said, Doca's UI looks very smart and "new gen". With a more personnal function/button/shortucut most of players will switch to this UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Butsut3kkai View Post
    Sure that i use a lot of shortcut in game. But it s more for non fight function that i need buttons.
    For example, i m using the AOU GUI. No more ugly fat wings but every function are in a tiny button bar in the bottom left of the screen. Usefull for a ot of things.
    That being said, Doca's UI looks very smart and "new gen". With a more personnal function/button/shortucut most of players will switch to this UI.
    agree with most of this, i really hate the wings and the giant buttons on them, but hate to loose the function of some of them. i used to use AOU mod, but got tired of reloading it with patches, and that ugly mouse, etc. My only hope is that the wings can go away and the buttons redesigned so they dont eat up so much space on screen.

other then that the gui looks really sharp.

Sama:
    You can easily get rid of the wings via F10, changing your control center settings.
    The original UI isn't all too bad when it's stripped down.

Docaholic:
    That UI looks nice. I look forward to trying it.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Did they re-use inv graphics in new AI mission? That artifact realy looks like some gem...

Yep, they did...
    http://www.xyphos.com/ao/aodb.php?id=287761 Kyr'Ozch Artifact
    http://www.xyphos.com/ao/aodb.php?id=232815 Chrysoberyl

Also, somewhat that picture doesn't even fit for Artifact...
    Last edited by Ekarona; Oct 28th, 2010 at 21:01:14.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Nice update for the GUI, I'd use that.

I'm 100% hotkey myself, and all the wings/buttons are gone. It's true that they serve little purpose for the space they take, maybe the devs will look at it at some point.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Sama:
    You can easily get rid of the wings via F10, changing your control center settings.
    The original UI isn't all too bad when it's stripped down.

Docaholic:
    That UI looks nice. I look forward to trying it.

oh i do have all of that off, and use hotkeys, shortcuts, etc 99% of the time. but i really hate having to dig through windows etc to find stuff. thats why i like aoumod as it retains the menu without the bulk.

Any new icons we can look at?

Quote Originally Posted by Gastroturf View Post
    While we're on the subject of icons, can someone tell me what this is? Where is the trigger? Where is the handle? Which end does the shooting? I need to know these things!
    well the image really does imply that it doesnt really have a trigger, and neither did catapolts in the old days. :P its a grenade thrower. anarchy online gamers have active imaginations anyway, we had to put up with years of same boring renders of items with different names for far too long, im glad i came back to see things are changing.

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Nice update for the GUI, I'd use that.

I'm 100% hotkey myself, and all the wings/buttons are gone. It's true that they serve little purpose for the space they take, maybe the devs will look at it at some point.
    maybe the devs will give us a little more reign over how we control the game, for example, giving us better ui options, where things should be, and sizes of buttons, how graphical we want the buttons to be or if we have buttons at all. lots of us really go heavy on chat windows and really, what is the sense of having an immobile roller window and not be able to move the blasted buttons that are visibly in the way of other window space elsewhere, when we could just have all those right and left buttons put into the bars at the bottom of the screen with creds and ncu and agg/def bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphilber View Post
    well the image really does imply that it doesnt really have a trigger, and neither did catapolts in the old days. :P its a grenade thrower. anarchy online gamers have active imaginations anyway, we had to put up with years of same boring renders of items with different names for far too long, im glad i came back to see things are changing.
    I suspect there is some sort of handle in other end, it's just positioned in such way you can't see it...

Icon's could be pictures of acctual renders of ingame models...

And I'm still outraged for them re-using "new" icons...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

No news from some times now...Does Doca still planning to reupdate moar icons/gui in the near future ?

I've noticed some new ones, like the Kyr'Ozch Artifact you take from the Salvage daily, as well as the NCU analyzer from those zone DoT dailies. Don't know if that's his work or not.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Hi all,.. and Happy Holidays!! Things have slowed down a bit, mainly due to people on 'forced' vacation and the whole 'move' thing. I'm thinking the new Artifact is one of mine, a pic would help me know for sure.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Hi all,.. and Happy Holidays!! Things have slowed down a bit, mainly due to people on 'forced' vacation and the whole 'move' thing. I'm thinking the new Artifact is one of mine, a pic would help me know for sure.

Cheers!
    Ah, it got fixed

Would still be neat to see some of the stuff you're making for the game in here
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast