Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

They look great
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

am i the only one who doesnt like em that much? ;s

short answer: yes

I like em!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

AO Icon Mastermind at work
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

xan ncus will be greatly indicated now

btw the new fgrid item is cutest ever ! makes me even prouder when i summon it ^^
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Thumbs up

Gogo Doc
    Gustatus similis pullus.

The new Xan ncus look better than the current ones but I still got this question: Why do Xan ncus look like something that Omni corp manufactures and not like something that was invented eons ago by the Xan? Shouldn't the Xan ncus look more like Yuttos Modified NCU (Shadowlands tech)?
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Long shot, but an chance you could play around with making profession icons?

Call me nuts, but I'm hoping after the graphics engine they will work on the official AO website and the "people of rubi-ka" section to display characters info in a more user friendly way (most MMO's have a nice set of icons to identify class/level/side, etc.

The way it displays now, looks like we play a MUD rather than an MMORPG, very plain, bare and outdated.

Would be nice to see your idea of how it COULD be displayed =D
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Hm, dunno about those NCUs, they're sort of fiddly looking. And I agree that Xan tech looking like the original NCUs is sort of odd...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I have to agree the more its brought up the more I have to agree that Xan tech should look closer to the SL tech then RK tech. That said the cells themselves could probably stand a new look as well to better accommodate this look.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    The new Xan ncus look better than the current ones but I still got this question: Why do Xan ncus look like something that Omni corp manufactures and not like something that was invented eons ago by the Xan? Shouldn't the Xan ncus look more like Yuttos Modified NCU (Shadowlands tech)?
    I agree with that statement.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

***Xan NCU Update in Design****

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...NCU_Sample.jpg

How's this.. for the mini skill NCU that you find on mobs, the mini is a front view(as seen in the top row first 4 icons) It gets turned sideways and inserted into the slots of the main Xan NCU. Base NCU is in the top right.

Think these will Work better? do they look more 'Xan-ish'?

Let me know what you think, Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    ***Xan NCU Update in Design****

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...NCU_Sample.jpg

How's this.. for the mini skill NCU that you find on mobs, the mini is a front view(as seen in the top row first 4 icons) It gets turned sideways and inserted into the slots of the main Xan NCU. Base NCU is in the top right.

Think these will Work better? do they look more 'Xan-ish'?

Let me know what you think, Cheers!
    Oh wow, the first set of icons I really dislike.

The Yuttos Modified NCU are sideways to look larger, maybe putting them at an angle would increase their size, as for coloring... damn man, monkey rainbows inspiration?

As a roleplayer, I would think the dusters went and took Xan technology and hacked it, so it would look close enough to Yuttos Modified NCU icon, but more metallic and dark with the cells lighting it up from within.

Also would like to see the Spirit Infused Yuttos Modified NCU look a bit different than the Yuttos Modified NCU.

Mmm same for me i m not a big fan of the last try. I think it doesn t enough looks like cells. Those looks a little too spikky imo.

So as Windguaerd, infused yutto mems could be different from basic ones. A simple color change when they get infused should do the trick i think
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny

I like the new design more than the old one. It might be even better from a top view (if that's a side view now?). Maybe it could also look less like a loaf of bread. (more square-ish I suppose)

The cells look exactly the way they should.
    Last edited by Zenross; Aug 9th, 2010 at 18:57:46.
    Zenross - 220/30/70 Fixer - High hp, no AS, still enjoying PvP. Solo kills: 5004
    Zenmachinery - 220/26/67 Engineer - DD & TS. Added to projectile damage: 1010 points
    Zenparticle - 168/14 Nano Technician - Errr...
    Zenwithin - WIP Martial Artist - Leveling without pocketing and Inf missions.

1,323,425 people bought Ikaruga only to find out that they suck at video games.

I found out that I kick ass.

last proposal makes more sense (looks like jumpers & motherboard) but it's kinda colder, less cute & bit "fuzzy" (i mean not as "designed" w/ pure lines & simple shapes) compared to first one.

less is more ... i think minimalistic drawing could be nicer orientation.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

This latest version is a step in the right direction, but not quite there yet. Windguaerd gave some good feedback.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Here is another update.. the new Xan NCU are on the right hand side.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CU_Sample2.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

P.S. I am not convinced that the Xan technology is an offshoot of yuttos tech. That's why I'm going for a different style.
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

It could handle the lights being a bit larger for visibility.
    The Red Brotherhood

Here is another update.. the new Xan NCU are on the right hand side.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CU_Sample2.jpg

Let me know what you think.
    The shape makes them look like they are crammed into too small boxes and some parts broke loose.

P.S. I am not convinced that the Xan technology is an offshoot of yuttos tech. That's why I'm going for a different style.
    My hunch is that it would be the other way around, if they are related at all.

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast