Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Doc, I liked the first set better, they looked like the random crystals jutting out from the landscape in Arid Rift. The colors were easier on the eyes as well. Now you've re-done them, the old set of crystals do look uninspired/re-used

The new ones look a bit frail.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'm hearing what you are saying.. here is the latest adjustments.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...tal_Update.jpg

I went back to the original crystal I made but changed the angle and added highlights. (the right hand set is the newest) I also muted down the colors a bit. I think this latest set is as good as I'll get it.

Below the crystal comparisons is new neretva NCU.. 5 different, 1 for melee, ranged, nano skills, attribs and NCU

Let me know what you think, Cheers!
    Last edited by Docaholic; Aug 3rd, 2010 at 12:16:14.
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

New crystals are much better, though the yellow one is a little overlit.

I am not really feeling the NCU upgrades. What are the lines supposed to be? Perhaps something that looks a bit more modular, as the process is pretty long, so might need an icon for each assembly step...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Latest crystals are best, they look more "crystaline", maybe give a bit purer colors on the red and green?

The NCU dont look good. Sorry Doc, I think they need a revision.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Yeah not happy with the mems sorry! Back to the drawing board

Maybe make some samples for one of the mems and then you can apply different colour schemes later.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I am not really feeling the NCU upgrades. What are the lines supposed to be? Perhaps something that looks a bit more modular, as the process is pretty long, so might need an icon for each assembly step...
    Agreed, the NCUs look just weird. I'm not really a fan of the current Xan NCUs where the brightness of the interior is the only visual indicator of the number of cells added. Perhaps make something where the cells are actually visible in the end product? With the ability and nanoskill NCUs you could use positional encoding, just like the names contain a bitmask of what has been added so far.

Probably all NCU chips should be redesigned in the same go to keep a consistent appearance, unless you can somehow make the new ones fit the old theme. The chips with recompiling core from biomare director's balls could also use a new graphic, at the moment they look too similar to CPU upgrades. And why does the 16-32 NCU model look completely different from all others?

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Compare if you dare.. The only reason I found and redid these icons is because I was with some friends in neretva and was told to collect the crystals.. I'll need them for something. well, I got 3 of the crystals so far and thought, omg how did they choose these icons? and since I'm on a mission to clean up duplicate use of icons, I just had to fix this asap. LoL

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...al_Sample2.jpg

Cheers!
    Holy crap... I can see how you got the sudden urge to re-do those icons. That's an NCU chip right there, not a notum crystal by far, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    Holy crap... I can see how you got the sudden urge to re-do those icons. That's an NCU chip right there, not a notum crystal by far, lol!
    Yeah, and an SoM ether, a Gelatinous Lump, and a piece of Coral

New crystals look great
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

And while we re talking about NCU s , it could be really great to implent some really tiny changes on the 3 DB abilities memories i think. Not necessary big thing but just a way to recognize em fast in a bag
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny

I've been mulling ideas over for the Xan NCU's.. here is what I got so far.. keep the existing mini skill ncu's red. blue, purple and green.. and I made these new NCU to show how they get inserted.. it might work, what do you think?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CU_Sample1.jpg

Cheers!

I've been mulling ideas over for the Xan NCU's.. here is what I got so far.. keep the existing mini skill ncu's red. blue, purple and green.. and I made these new NCU to show how they get inserted.. it might work, what do you think?

Cheers!
    Oh I like it
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Those look nice
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Nice idea, so we can tell from a glance.

Great work once again
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny

The idea is great but I think the slots where the cells are put should be (even) more visible. The cells themselves could have visible borders too instead of just being "lights" inside the thingy.

The icons are a bit small to fit all that in those but I'm sure you'll figure out something.
    Zenross - 220/30/70 Fixer - High hp, no AS, still enjoying PvP. Solo kills: 5004
    Zenmachinery - 220/26/67 Engineer - DD & TS. Added to projectile damage: 1010 points
    Zenparticle - 168/14 Nano Technician - Errr...
    Zenwithin - WIP Martial Artist - Leveling without pocketing and Inf missions.

1,323,425 people bought Ikaruga only to find out that they suck at video games.

I found out that I kick ass.

Cheers!
    I think these are PERFECT.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenross View Post
    The idea is great but I think the slots where the cells are put should be (even) more visible. The cells themselves could have visible borders too instead of just being "lights" inside the thingy.

The icons are a bit small to fit all that in those but I'm sure you'll figure out something.
    That's the trick,.. at the original size of 512x512 renderings I can put all kinds of nice details, but when reduced to 48x48, allot of the detail is lost, and in the end what counts is that the style fits and it's identifiable at a glance. I think this batch fits. I might do a bit more twinking of the icons, but these won't change much, I can't do 1/4pixel detail. Over all I'm happy with this batch, I'll see if I can make the contrast/insets for the xan ncu stand out a bit more.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Cheers!

I love them. Dont change a thing.

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast