Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Man, you do a great job. Thanks.
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

all looking good, as usual
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Zenross View Post
    Robot junk looks great. The ingots... well, the first thing that came to mind about those was a bar of soap, especially because of the text. :/
    hmm, so what you're saying is my new trade skill ingots are 'Slippery when wet'. Ok, I'll agree with that. LOL

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Superior Ancient Combat Tuner, Ancient Nano Enhancer, and Dustbrigade Notum Infuser all use the same "random scrap of technology" icon (http://auno.org/res/aoicons/218768.gif). I think there are others that use this icon or similar (masterpiece tuner uses a red dot version), but it is kind of annoying since I regularly swap both HUD items.

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Superior Ancient Combat Tuner, Ancient Nano Enhancer, and Dustbrigade Notum Infuser all use the same "random scrap of technology" icon (http://auno.org/res/aoicons/218768.gif). I think there are others that use this icon or similar (masterpiece tuner uses a red dot version), but it is kind of annoying since I regularly swap both HUD items.
    S10 Bounty items also use that icon.

On a related note it'd be nice if they had a more "ripped from the suit of a dead alien" look to them that you're handing in this video/audio (etc) processor.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    S10 Bounty items also use that icon.

On a related note it'd be nice if they had a more "ripped from the suit of a dead alien" look to them that you're handing in this video/audio (etc) processor.
    Yep, audio processor should look like iPod and video like iPad... Right?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

How are these for the 4 colored notum crystals found in the neretva area?.. Blue, golden, green and red

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...tal_Sample.jpg

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    You guys kill me every time you bump this 'Sticky' lol

Here are a few more Icons I finished..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...uff_Sample.jpg

new sexier explosif pillows, ingots (silver, gold, platinum, iridium, molybdenum and osmium) followed by 3 new 'Small-Ingot' (tradeskill Item) for silver, gold and platinum. Then some new 'robot Junk' and a new Alien armor material (which currently uses the robot junk/tagging device icon.)

I'll be sending these to Means shortly.

Cheers!
    I hope I'm not yet late for this.

As someone already said, the "ingot" text in the small ingots seems a bit out of place. Replace them with the symbols for those elements maybe? (Ag for silver, Au for gold, Pt for platinum).

The iridium, osmium and molybdenum ingots look rather weird, considering that they're all real elements and have a rather basic metallic appearance.

I don't remember right away if the ingots are even ingame anymore or if they were replaced with the "Small piece of XXX ore" items (which shouldn't look like ingots at all, although currently they share the same icons).

How are these for the 4 colored notum crystals found in the neretva area?.. Blue, golden, green and red

Cheers!
    What did the old ones looked like?

Cheers!
    The shape is slightly odd, sharpen the middle point a bit more imo
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    What did the old ones looked like?
    Compare if you dare.. The only reason I found and redid these icons is because I was with some friends in neretva and was told to collect the crystals.. I'll need them for something. well, I got 3 of the crystals so far and thought, omg how did they choose these icons? and since I'm on a mission to clean up duplicate use of icons, I just had to fix this asap. LoL

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...al_Sample2.jpg

Cheers!

checked a little on test to see what was added or not yet :

- most arul gems are in, but it seems some special types have been forget, such as Decayed Glory, Fiery Plasma, Broken Moebius, Craggy Landscape, Empty Desert, Frail Juggernaut, Icy Tundra, Insidious Killer, Novice Brawler, Scarlet Sky.

- all precious gems i tried were made, including their Gold Filigree Ring set, with all different steps of the tradeskill apparently correctly done, EXCEPT those with a Blue Pearl by Conner, wich seem to have been let aside.

ps : nice shape for vortex immunity crystals
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Update on the vortex immunity notum crystals.. at the bottom is the newest design, do you agree that this latest version is a keeper?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...al_Sample3.jpg

Cheers!

P.S. thanks for the info bitnykk, I just checked the Arul Saba gem file I sent to Funcom and all 88 Arul gems were inside. I'll bring this info to Means attention when I send him my next batch of icons.

cheers v2.0
    Last edited by Docaholic; Aug 2nd, 2010 at 15:30:35.

Update on the vortex immunity notum crystals.. at the bottom is the newest design, do you agree that this latest version is a keeper?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...al_Sample3.jpg
    cheers v2.0
    Those are a little too phallic, don't you think!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Compare if you dare.. The only reason I found and redid these icons is because I was with some friends in neretva and was told to collect the crystals.. I'll need them for something. well, I got 3 of the crystals so far and thought, omg how did they choose these icons? and since I'm on a mission to clean up duplicate use of icons, I just had to fix this asap. LoL

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...al_Sample2.jpg

Cheers!
    Hahaha oh yeah, I hate how those looked.

They look more detailed than your first samples, a lot crisper. I like the lighting too.

Way better than the FC originals ^^
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    Those are a little too phallic, don't you think!
    ROTFLMAO Using my icons as a Rorschach test, now that's hilarious! What can I say? "Get your head out of the gutter!"

Cheers!

The phalics look a bit weird for crystals but way better then previous attemp and no comparison with originals. Keepers. GJ.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I think the first version was already fine. It looked something that was cracked out of a bed rock. They both are a huge improvement to the originals though.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast