Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Woohoo!

How about someone contacts GSP for a 'New Icon Release' party?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Great news!
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Nice new indeed, Grats !
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Congrats Doc! This is awsome news!
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Great congrats on getting your work out there
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

WOW

Great news for us all

I hope to see your work in game as soon as possible....

(guess next patch is out of question, but.... )

on test server, Means assured me they were just taking the time needed to make things legal and all with it. i'm happy to see that was closer to achievement that we all thought !

so GRATZ to you doca, & now i hope that will be a very next patch (surely not the next wich is concentrated on Daily & Collector, but may be the following ?) to see all those cool icons ingame in the year !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by nvasjanten1 View Post
    WOW

Great news for us all

I hope to see your work in game as soon as possible....

(guess next patch is out of question, but.... )
    It might not be ^^
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It might not be ^^
    keeping fingers crossed
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    UPDATE: Release form signed, things are in motion to get my stuff in-game. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I'm a Taurus, when a man of infinite patience (like myself) is forced to wait, it's like making the china shop the new waiting room. lol

If I had a nickel for every time I had to wait for a '5 min fix' I'd be a millionaire. You'd think I would learn, but taking longer than 5 min for a 5 min fix is way too Illogical for my Tauran brain to cope with.

The future begins today, let's all make it a great future.

Cheers!

David
    Congrats Doc. Been watching this thread for a while and love all the stuff you have done.

Fellow Taurus here, so I completely understand the sentiment. That must have been quite frustrating to do all that waiting.
    Jerachim "FlakMunky" Artul - Lv. 220 AI 21 Agent Equip
    Veteran - Rising Phoenix
    Flakforce - Lv.60 AI 6 Enforcer Equip
    Flakster - Leveling currently

"For now, it seems that the reused inventory icon is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows..."
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Pushing your famous status to higher heights, here is a direct link to your interview/article with AOU.

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?site=articles&id=61

Thanks again for taking the time to talk to me!!

Best wishes,
    Kate

Yeah, great news!! graz Doca

Congrats Doc. Can't wait to see new icons in-game

I didn't read through whole thread so don't know if this has been suggested but could you update also the perk actions? Many of them use the same graphic and way to know which one is which is to memorize your quickbars (mouse hover helps but usually no time for it in midst of combat). It's difficult if you got many chars and if their quickbars have same icons but have different meaning... at times it's difficult even with one char's quickbar. Can you identify which one of the perks in that quickbar includes stun effect?
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Even with AO on my back burner for now, I'm sending Means the stuff I already made in batches. Also, the new contract I'm working on begs me to take a break from time to time, and doing new icons is like taking a break for me. Here are some new icons I did for the Bio-Materials..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ewBioMats1.jpg

The top left (first) icon is meant to replace the bottom left (old icon). and the subsequent icons are for pristine, mutated and the typed bio for the regular AI weapons. I'll do some for the type ofab ones as well,.. same style different color/layout for them.

Let me know what you think. I think they are an improvement, but do these new ones clash too much with the old icons?

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

i like the idea, the types are for sure unreadable at the moment, requiring list display or mouse over to recognize each. same applies to LE types wich will turn yesdrop soon.

now, graphically they're a little "flashy" like this. i don't think writing BIO on every icon is needed. may be the type number could take more space, like a "secret file" stamp over a microscope screen ?

i'm sure you'll come with some cool stuff anyways.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I agree with the BIO text not being necessary. I also think the MAT, PST and MUT texts are unnecessary on the top row. The icons are distinctive enough that once players have read the item description a couple times, they'll remember which icon is for which item.

The plus and minus signs make me think more about electronics. Could you perhaps use something more DNA-like instead? Either a rendering of a DNA strand with its double-helix structure, or a sequence of little blobs like in your picture, but with the symbols A, C, G and T instead of +, - and 0.

You could remove the symbols from the unidentified clump, further reinforcing the idea that its exact nature is uknown.

Viral serum might also need a new icon after this. (As well as all the other stuff using the same "vial of liquid" icons...)

Grats on the release form, can't wait to see these in game too.

As for the types versus the bio mats maybe should be either more "blobby"(like bubble wrap) or strand like to distinguish them. Just my 4 pennyworth. I am not an artist - lol
    Last edited by Klanbear; Apr 4th, 2010 at 23:37:32. Reason: Blobby, blobby blobby - lol
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Gsp & congrats

phew... finally done reading all them reply's.. but wow major things happing with doc.. seriously congratulation's on the contract, and i too hope to see them graphic's in game, as well as the dam graphic engine..

anyway

contacting GSP!!! rolf.. there a dying franchise of in home DJ"S.. ever sence ashval left them,
    player's seem to coming less and less eatch time even when doin there cred giveway events,

i admit i tune in from time to time, even with my bann on there furums i continue to promote thru OT OOC, as well as orginisation and /shouts... i even sent a emial regarding my ban apeal, but yet im still baned and still promoting them to keep them having listener's..

<venting> so please dont take it to heart and be like yada yada your wrong....

the only DJ's i like are chaimera and ransom, the other's are well -^-..

but anyway i also try to promote anarchy online (the game) thru myspace, facebook, yahoo msg, adultswim.com.. so if you see a heavy flow of noobs lately, then your welcome.. but im sure other's promote them too sein this game rocks so much we got doc creating items for improovement and doc..? plz keep in touch in this thread would love to see more graphic's and detial on were ya headed

Hi,

A friend let me see a screen shot of his open backpack in Test server,.. I can confirm, the at least one of the new icons (a ring) is on test. there are 10 more items that Mr Means himself has taken the time to insert in the game. let the hunt begin LoL. j/k

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast