Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Ok, I need more feedback,.. doing some tests with coloring the backpacks, to help make them even more distinguishable.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...k_Colors01.png
    Start with the bad:
    Personally I don't like Row 3 or Row 5 at all.

Row 7 looks a bit odd, I don't think the splash of colour down the middle works as well on that basic pack colour.

I don't like any of the white backpacks, they look too clean and sterile for AO's Cyberpunk. The only white ones which work are the Row 6 white pack and the one at the bottom with the red cross on it, though I'm not keen on the icons being done that way.

And the Good:
    I think Row 6 look the best overall, both Row 1 and Row 4 are pretty good as well. I can easily see myself making use of any of them even without Icons.

Note, the plan is now to stamp the mini id icon on top of the backpack directly, like the 3 medical backpacks I did to show this.
    I think with multicoloured packs the Icons would not stand out as well and could virtually disappear on some colour packs, and I prefer the Mini Icons done in the Same way as your packs in the following:
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

from the last list there's a good variety of proposal to avoid being dull nor become too psychedelic

dull : the one you made alone in square on center right
    psyche : the ones wich bodies are rainbowed
    dun like : the ones with white bodies ... too bright feeling

my favoritely balanced :
    - row 4 to replace the medium backpacks we got atm
    - row 7 instead of the little grey ones we got now
    - bottom medics as canvas for the iconed ones we got ingame now

anyway, as usual, cool proposal & reaction from you. can't wait to see your work IG.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

So much work (almost all of it stellar), FC employees popping in and making comments, so does this mean that these designs actually have a chance to see the light of day in AO? I can't begin to describe what a huge let down it would be if this was all for nothing.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    So much work (almost all of it stellar), FC employees popping in and making comments, so does this mean that these designs actually have a chance to see the light of day in AO? I can't begin to describe what a huge let down it would be if this was all for nothing.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
    In his last post Means said he was working on it, but it's taking some more time as Doca doesn't work for FC.

On the backpack note: I still strongly belive the best way would be to add some more mini icons to the already existing large backpack with icon series. Not because I don't like the backpacks presented here, but more because the backpacks would need a new mesh if these icons come ingame, since else icons don't fit the item. Near the beginning of this thread Doca stated he won't design ingame items but just the icons, so keeping that in mind I think sticking to the orriginal icon template would be best, however nice it would be to have different backpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    In his last post Means said he was working on it, but it's taking some more time as Doca doesn't work for FC.
    I got the impression that if it was in his hands, Means would have the paperwork done already. But he needs things from someone who is not in the same physical location as him, and thus he can't kick their butt into action.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    On the backpack note: I still strongly belive the best way would be to add some more mini icons to the already existing large backpack with icon series.
    No way, the existing mini icons are ugly as hell. I don't mind if the actual backpack stays the same, but the icons need a new design, whether or not they stay as separate or are printed on the backpack's surface.

yes definitely ! it's not because the tiny/med/huge backpacks have ugly 3D meshes (we gotta admit they look poorly now) that the icons are stucked into uglyness

Here is the latest adjustments based on feedback. let me know which work better, the ones with color on the backpack 'and' icon, or monochromatic backpack with the color icons.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ck_Sample4.jpg

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

As feedback on that latest one, the backpack with the ring as a picture stands out from the rest because thats the only 3d picture whilst the others are only 2d. Dunno how to fix a ring picture in 2d, but it draws attention. Besides that little thing, awsome work
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Here is the latest adjustments based on feedback. let me know which work better, the ones with color on the backpack 'and' icon, or monochromatic backpack with the color icons.

Cheers!
    those on the right side are perfect to me : not dull, not psyche, expressive icons, great & simple. those in the middle bottom could do it too, while those in middle up look a little to "rainbowish" for my poor eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    As feedback on that latest one, the backpack with the ring as a picture stands out from the rest because thats the only 3d picture whilst the others are only 2d. Dunno how to fix a ring picture in 2d, but it draws attention. Besides that little thing, awsome work
    Strange, I drew a yellow oval in my paint package, shaded the backside and a smidgen of a highlight on the front and rotated it 45deg. there isn't a 3d pixel anywhere in that ring LoL. It's nice to know that my 2d artwork has a 3d effect though, thanks.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Heh, we're all workin Doc like a dog.

Keep it up though, at this rate we'll revamp AO's entire database! Haha

I actually liked some of your previous backpack designs better than these, though I can understand how those would have been complicated by the fact of needing new 3D meshes.

Of these new choices, I like the ones in the middle best. The coloring and icons seem to stand out better and make it easier to view the differences at a glance.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

And here is the image referred to above..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...Issues2Fix.jpg

Feedback, I need Feedback people, chop chop, stop lurking and post your comments.

Cheers!
    Small ring, not detail view, is great. It fits in with the old stuff better.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Cheers!
    The right hand ones are pretty close to perfect. Not too dull, not too weird, but higher res and pretty right feeling.
    The red cross and the red rhombe are pretty close together in design though, could be a problem when minimized.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I think I like the bottom group in the center the best followed by the group on the right. The colored stripe down the center is nice but even without it the packs look great. Can't say that I really care for the packs that are colored though. They seem almost to bright to me even in the muted colors.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Thumbs up

I barely crashed my browser opening all the restyled icons u posted Doc.

I have to say great job... impressive.. GZ!

Awesome work, I'm very impressed.

The bottom center looks the best to me, the top center isn't to bad either. The ones on the right seem the hurt my eyes for some reason.

Has FC hired you yet?
    Ripcraty//ripblunt//ripengi (frooby)//ripshadey

Cheers!
    I could live with all of those but after consideration I'd say the right hand side are better. I'd stamp those "done"
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast