Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    I really appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Here is another rework of the new backpacks, I shifted the 'bulk' to the bottom and made it of a new space age bio-plastic material.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ck_Sample2.jpg

Let me know if this one's a keeper design.

Cheers!

P.S. Is making 3 versions (Neutral/Omni/Clan) a good thing? or should we go with just the basic white?
    Those are fantastic!

My take on a Hypercube...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ube_Sample.jpg

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

i like the last backpacks. they now don't like like trashcans anymore. idk if they should look more cloth/fiber than specular chrome/plastic ? the black ones are superb, eg. icons on them all are at perfect size. openable window is okay to me. wtb IG soon

didn't get what hypercube is for, but it does look nice. escher da best http://www.amicollege.com/_tous/img/escher3.gif

ps : omg anarrina link is hypnotizorrrr
    Last edited by bitnykk; Feb 23rd, 2010 at 19:34:44.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tesseract.gif
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Been following this thread for a bit now and just wanted to say Great Job.
    Hope to see a lot of your work in-game some day.

and uhh yea, whats the cube for again?

Didn't really mean that as a backpack, more the idea that it has a variable interior dimension and not as much was a physically set object
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

looks pretty sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    that animation is awesome.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

It is also conceivable that in the future backpacks have some sort of viewing screen so you know what's in there...so could still have an image :P
    By the way with the new sided bags you've posted it seems the variety of options is reduced. Are you still going to add the other ones you made before or...?
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmasta View Post
    It is also conceivable that in the future backpacks have some sort of viewing screen so you know what's in there...so could still have an image :P
    By the way with the new sided bags you've posted it seems the variety of options is reduced. Are you still going to add the other ones you made before or...?
    But, it's the future in the year 30000 where we causally throw away bodies. I would think that there's a direct brain-machine interface and that the idea of a monitor is somewhat... outdated. Of course, such things are clustered around all over, and AO's a weird mixture of high-sci-fi and low-sci-fi in this regard. People print out hardcopy, but they also teleport across the world...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmasta View Post
    Not to worry all the other symbols (and more) will be added to the new backpack design. I'll aim for like 25 symbols. that's 75 backpacks, for your sorting needs.

hmm, if the Clan backpacks are flagged "Not Omni" and the Omni are flagged "Not Clan" then Omni and Clan can use 50 of the backpacks and we Neutrals could use all 75,.. being the prez of the oldest neutral org on Rk2 I like that sound of that LOL

Cheers!

Thanks for the Hypercube wikipedia link, i spend the last 4 hours of my working day with the hypercube and 4D theory and everything linked to that lol

oh and i think 50 backpacks are more than enough, so why not give the neutrals something and make them happy when they can use more backpacks in comparison to sided faction members

I must say I don't realy see that much use in sided backpacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    I must say I don't realy see that much use in sided backpacks...
    It's just a way to effectively get more backpacks without having to draw 75 unique symbols. and variety is a good thing.

Cheers!

Nano formula compiler = Viral compiler = Infuse Viral compiler = Same icon in all QL
    Nano programming interface = fixer NCU hacker = Nano damage hud
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

you would know the reason behind the hypercube posting if it hadnt been deleted. im not sure i can say why, because it had been deleted, and i dont want to repost something that has already been deleted. but it has to do with backpacks.

GREAT JOB on the hypercube! i love it. is it possible to make the colors different? the swirling strands in the center, can they be more....celestrial? like white, yellow, and red? i was thinking of the core of the cube as being bright in the center, but if not, its still really cool. thanks.

Love most of the icons! Way to bring action instead of whiny demands.. Really nice work.

My one suggestion would be, if you are going to but XXX hours into these things, I'd focus on polishing them so they are all fantastic, rather than trying to push out rushed icons for all the items in AO. 25% of these are outstanding, really got me excited.. 50% I didn't really see as fitting AO as much (when you have to pick between a cleaner look or a solid concept that follows AO's brand..) and 25% were obviously just quickies.

Anyway, good job - I really do hope FC picks out the best of the batch and puts some in!

I have finished All the filigree rings in their final form. Here is a sample..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ngs_Sample.jpg

Cheers!

P.S. Mahdi007 telling me what percentages are good, bad or ugly does not help me make them better, I would need to know which icons fall in which percentile.
    Last edited by Docaholic; Mar 2nd, 2010 at 16:19:03.

Thumbs up

WTB in game naow.

Most excelent job Doc.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    (when you have to pick between a cleaner look or a solid concept that follows AO's brand..)
    After SL, AO doesn't have a "brand". The game is a mish-mash from every genre out there. So far I've seen very little, if any, of Doc's work that I'd say wouldn't fit AO.

Too bad those filigree rings will never be seen because they all suck maybe if they got an upgrade...
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast