Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

imo it's too "realistic" ...

make it more iconish, with more visible 2/3/4/5/6 slots around belt, not only in front part.

may be take an upper view angle instead to take benefit of more viewable length where to spread decks onto ?
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I've been a fan of most your work here but I honestly feel that the belts don't really need a new icon. They each have their own unique icon as is and whats you see them a few times its fairly easy to distinguish which one is which.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Today I tried to hotswap an infused ancient vision preservation unit with a DB infuser because I thought it was a combat tuner ...

Did Means call ya?
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Whealer View Post
    I've been a fan of most your work here but I honestly feel that the belts don't really need a new icon. They each have their own unique icon as is and whats you see them a few times its fairly easy to distinguish which one is which.
    I'll agree with this. I would rather see unique belts like the Belt of Justice and The Dantian Belt of Life somewhat reworked, leaving the existing icons to the standard belts.

To Quote myself.. "Here is a new Belt test.. a 6x NCU belt. I wanted to see if I could get a close match to the existing ones in game atm." and "Here is another test, 2, 4, 6 slot belt.."

I never said these were replacements for the existing ones,.. I'm trying to come up with ideas for the unique belts.. I have to start somewhere.. call these 'practice belts'

I'm still not sure how I'm gonna make the GCB and Dream Mesh look.

FYI I agree, the current 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 slot belts are fine in AO.. this is about making replacements for the 'unique ones'

Cheers!
    Last edited by Docaholic; Feb 14th, 2010 at 12:57:58.
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...wer_Sample.jpg

RoP Projectiles, RoP Elements, RoP Energy, RoP High Energy, RoP Melee, RoP Physics

the last 2 are the Dalja's RoP and the Omni version..

Cheers!
    True that the High Energy is just a high QL energy but maybe the icon should be subtly different.

Another point is that for clanners there's Dalja's Ring of Power, and Dalja's Ring, these both deserve their own icon so they could be separated by at least color.

I like what you've been up to though
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Posting again but I just got an idea on if you are short of things to do...

How about redoing Token boards when you find the time? These items should look really uber to reflect the effort that goes into obtaining them. There are quite a few including HI boards, PvP boards, Xan boards, Dread boards, 2.5k boards and the non-board neck items. Should be something to tide you over for a while
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Bamp, this thread shouldnt be halfway down the forum list.

Here is what I came up with for the Dream Mesh and GCB..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...GCB_Sample.jpg

Think they will work?

Cheers!

Here is what I came up with for the Dream Mesh and GCB..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...GCB_Sample.jpg

Think they will work?

Cheers!
    Otherwise pretty cool, but I think the DMC is a bit too dark on the front. A lot of the detail gets lost especially in the small version.

I must say, you've done some truly amazing artwork (3D and otherwise).

Nearly every piece of work you've posted really breathes new life into quite a lot of the duller icons ingame. That being said, I'm not particularly fond of the GCB test art. The name 'Guardian Circuit Board' always brought to mind green and silver, but that's just my take on it (too much time around old motherboards at my old job, I suppose). I do like the Dream Mesh Circuit, however, though (were it me doing the artwork) I'd add a bit of a highlight above the NCU chips.

And, so as not to be redundant, I'll add my thoughts on the Backpacks here instead of the other thread: Very, very well done. I especially like the versions on the right side of the image... the highlight on the 'screen' just adds a nice touch.

Anyway, wonderful artwork once again, and I look forward to seeing whatever you decide to post!
    Proud Leaders and Members of Obsidian Order: Our Recruitment Thread!
    Khaldore: 220/30 Advie // Khalculus: 220/27 Engi // Medsareus: 209/20 Doc // Khalicokat: 196/20 Shade
    Phearitself: 210/22 Enf // Politikhal: 200/24 Crat // Khavalier: 218/24 Keeper // Gridburst: 203/24 Fix
    Various other random alts.

Necromachina: In AnarchyOnline Engineers play you? Technogen: God, that explains so much more than I ever wanted to know.
    Snakebite: OH GOD! OH GOD! THERE'S SMOKE EVERYWHERE! HAS ANYONE SEEN THE OFFICE CAT???
    Anarrina: I think this issue has been sufficiently discussed. If you have any further questions, please contact life support or email.

The only problem I have with the GCB and DMB are the fact that both descriptions list them as being actual circuit boards. Maybe having them be an actual circuit board with spots for ncu mems on it would fit the description better.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

I've been following this thread fr a while now, and man! Somebody sticky it already!
    This would bring a new shine on this game, this would be an ingredient for the new engine

i dont know much about designing stuff but this is awesome, keep up the good work

Here is another test.. 2, 4 and 6 slot belts,.. using color to help distinguish them..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...eltSample1.jpg

Cheers!
    Your belts look more like rings, rigid and perfectly round. But nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy006 View Post
    not everything should be easy

Here is my latest attempt at the Guardian Circuit Board Belt..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...Test_Take2.jpg

Comments are welcome..

Cheers!

I would just like to add that it would be nice if belts (and NCUs/tools) would be actually visible on toons (in case they looked good like these).

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post
    I would just like to add that it would be nice if belts (and NCUs/tools) would be actually visible on toons (in case they looked good like these).
    I think they were planning visible belts for the new engine. Can't find any reference now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post
    And then give us some of this

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    And then give us some of this
    Not bad at all, there could be more prof specific belts, I want a pistolero belt...

Going off topic though. I like the GCB look in the large but in small it's quite pixelated.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast