Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Looks like some kind of leaf and a couple mushrooms. Soothing herbs perhaps?
    Bingo, good call. lol

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Here is a Personal Furnace with some liquid Gold in it.. If you like it, I'll make versions with the different liquid metals and an empty one to be the 'personal furnace'

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...old_Sample.jpg

Cheers!

Looks very nice except for the leaking metal at the base. I suggest you clean that up
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    who can tell what the 'mystery object' in this backpack is? Hmmm?
    Your contests are too easy! But I suppose that's only a good thing if it means icons fit their item

The personal furnace is nice, but problem with metal is that it all looks sort of the same when you heat it

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    The personal furnace is nice, but problem with metal is that it all looks sort of the same when you heat it
    This is Anarchy Online, why do you assume the metal needs to me 'heated' to attain liquid form? Have you been brainwashed by earthly constraints? lol

FYI:Icons do not need to conform to the laws of physics, they need to be 'identifiable at a glance' If by looking at this icon, you think, "hmm,.. looks like a mini forge, and there's liquid metal coming out, it must be hot" then it serves it's purpose.

Cheers!

This is Anarchy Online, why do you assume the metal needs to me 'heated' to attain liquid form? Have you been brainwashed by earthly constraints? lol

FYI:Icons do not need to conform to the laws of physics, they need to be 'identifiable at a glance' If by looking at this icon, you think, "hmm,.. looks like a mini forge, and there's liquid metal coming out, it must be hot" then it serves it's purpose.

Cheers!

Well it being a Personal Furnace we're talking about here, the heating thing is something a Furnace is intended to do.

But either way, point taken.

Here is an update of the personal furnace with a few different liquid metals in it. (and the basic version)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...quidMetals.jpg

Cheers!.

I totally agree with lusos101, that fornace suffers from serious usability problems and anyone manufacturing it at year 3000 will be bankrupted
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Quote Originally Posted by Berim View Post
    I totally agree with lusos101, that fornace suffers from serious usability problems and anyone manufacturing it at year 3000 will be bankrupted
    lol, it's an image of the personal furnace with 'liquid metals' coming out.. if I didn't add the 'leak' it would be hard to see that the liquid in the smelting bowl on top was actually a liquid. it's a visual icon to allow people to see and understand that it is 'liquid metals'. Without the 'leak' who's to say it's not a light source? or a power core of some kind.. it 'needs' the 'liquid' part to show for 'rapid identification'.

Geez you miss the point of an 'icon' it's like saying an icon of a running horse is wrong because the horse couldn't stay off the ground for that long.

Think of it as a snapshot of the furnace in action.. but I didn't add the mold that the liquid metal is poured into.

lol, Cheers!

very nice gems & crystal table, as Means underlined -let say again i'm glad to see GD following improvements proposed around here by Doca.

Rop rings colors is very nice look and idea, ofc ! they look coolzor.

variety of books with numbers on cover is an excellent rework too : as some1 said, wtb exact same applied to all specializations (mariner, girl that saw, etc ...).

& the last furnaces with different metals in it are cute and clearer as ever.

the only thing i disliked in your recent work is the shape/skin of the backpacks, since i 100% with the concept (bigger icons of item type, and more of em).

can't wait to see that all IG. >please< keep us informed (you or Means) on that too :we wtk if fc made a proposal, any plan, an insertion date or so ... ok i'm a curious sneaky little leet !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Here is an update of the personal furnace with a few different liquid metals in it. (and the basic version)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...quidMetals.jpg

Cheers!.
    hmm, something wrong with the color, I cant say whats wrong, but it dont look like AO items maybe it's the light, I dont know :P

Doing some tests for new belts.. GCB etc..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ts_Sample1.jpg

I liked how these turned out in the 'big pic' but not sure they translated well reduced to icon size.

What do you think? do these look like belts or some other contraption for AO?

Cheers!

P.S. Lazurus, it might not be the color so much as the angle of view.. I don't think any of the current AO icons are in that perspective..

I liked how these turned out in the 'big pic' but not sure they translated well reduced to icon size.

Where do you put the NCU's?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

It is nice that u start doing my list in page 25 hehe.

btw, Guardian "circuit" board should have some eletronic circuit on it. -.-

I think belt should have some sort of empty slot(depending on their no of slot) for ncu...

here is another one in my mind.

1. AI weapon types/LE types.
    Last edited by Ceenah2; Feb 13th, 2010 at 01:48:31.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Here is a new Belt test.. a 6x NCU belt. I wanted to see if I could get a close match to the existing ones in game atm. It seems that the reduced icon size sample (bottom right of the beauty shot) is indeed close to the look and style of the ones in game atm..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...lt_Sample1.jpg

Let me know what you think, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    Could you completely remake the lust graphic and icon ?
    If you mean the lord of lust, lady of lust and the lust of Xan then the answer is no, those are weapons and their icon is based on the in-game weapon model.

Cheers!

Here is a new Belt test.. a 6x NCU belt. I wanted to see if I could get a close match to the existing ones in game atm. It seems that the reduced icon size sample (bottom right of the beauty shot) is indeed close to the look and style of the ones in game atm..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...lt_Sample1.jpg

Let me know what you think, cheers!
    Looks very nice but the number of slots isnt easy to identify on icon. Maybe make belts with different colors for the diferent slot versions? Kinda combine this belt with the different colors of the previous version?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Here is another test.. 2, 4 and 6 slot belts,.. using color to help distinguish them..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...eltSample1.jpg

Cheers!

Here is another test.. 2, 4 and 6 slot belts,.. using color to help distinguish them..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...eltSample1.jpg

Cheers!
    I like those. I think they really work well. Also, the NCUs on the belts seem to stand out a little better on this picture than they did on the first one you presented.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast