Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Hey Doc, I know its a lot of links but could you update your 1st post with a link to everything you've done. You've done so many its kinda hard to know what you've already covered. Also 25 pages long so not going to go though all of them :P
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Hey Doc, I know its a lot of links but could you update your 1st post with a link to everything you've done. You've done so many its kinda hard to know what you've already covered. Also 25 pages long so not going to go though all of them :P
    good idea, done!.. I wonder if having more eyecandy on the first post will bring more into the discussion or have them peek and run? LoL

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Big bump for this. The stuff looks much better than what we currently have, especially arul saba gems. Since I farm those now, it's a huge pain in the ass to actually understand what dropped, since 10 kinds of different gems looks exactly the same. Rings look quite awesome as well, comparing to ugly textures we have ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska46 View Post
    Big bump for this. The stuff looks much better than what we currently have, especially arul saba gems. Since I farm those now, it's a huge pain in the ass to actually understand what dropped, since 10 kinds of different gems looks exactly the same. Rings look quite awesome as well, comparing to ugly textures we have ATM.
    Hi,

I don't think anyone in this thread (until now) had any complaints about the current rings in AO being Ugly. I think the current rings are fine, this whole thread is about the lack of rings and other icons which has forced the users to endure 1 icon to fit multiple items. I have taken great measures to ensure that the rings I make will fit in and 'compliment' the existing rings. It was never my goal to 'replace' the existing icons, just make more to help reduce the redundancy that is found in AO. The arul saba gems on the other hand 'begged' to be totally redone. I think the new ones will fit in and be appreciated by anyone with several backpacks full of these gems in their banks. The same goes for the new half digested body parts. (yay no more loosing my Ql200 biocomms to what I thought was a MP)

I'm atm making more tiny backpack icons to allow us to better sort all our hordes of junk. Heaven knows we all need help organizing our backpacks, and a visual ID is quicker than renaming them all

I should have some to post later today.

Cheers!

Trimmers, those would be nice, some look alike and some look diff.

Engineer robotic pet shells, they KINDA have a shell icon for each class which works fine since you have different pet body types. But the dogs look like slayers and the widow looks like slayers.

Lets see, there's the embros for tier, they look like monster parts.

The FRN for tier 3, it looks like a lot of other gems, I notice you hit those so i'm not sure if you got it in them or not.

First Aid Kits and stims could use an update, their quality is kinda low end.

Oh, the rods from ToTW.

I'm out of other things.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Here is the first batch of new backpack icons,..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ingIcons01.jpg

Note: with these I'm just doing the tiny square ID icon that is placed over the backpack. I think I managed to make these look identifiable and easy to tell what kind of stuff goes inside.. I'll make more as new ideas pop into my head, and you never know just when that'll happen lol

Cheers!

I feel the same way, bump for a solution!
    Also...bump for some AWESOME ARTWORK!
    (o>
    //\
    V_/_

Playing AO on Gentoo + Fluxbox

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    I don't think anyone in this thread (until now) had any complaints about the current rings in AO being Ugly.
    Well I suppose you're right, I'll just rephrase it to "boring" and "all-look-alike".

gg DOC
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Here is the first batch of new backpack icons,..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ingIcons01.jpg

Note: with these I'm just doing the tiny square ID icon that is placed over the backpack. I think I managed to make these look identifiable and easy to tell what kind of stuff goes inside.. I'll make more as new ideas pop into my head, and you never know just when that'll happen lol

Cheers!
    How about making the icon slightly larger and putting it in the middle, like it's part of the item itself? Might help distinguish them in list mode too, with half-sized icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    How about making the icon slightly larger and putting it in the middle, like it's part of the item itself? Might help distinguish them in list mode too, with half-sized icons.
    Exactly what I wanted to say - the icons look really nice, but bigger ones would be easier on the eye and quicker to identify. This pls

+1 on bigger backpack icons.

i'm happy about seing things move a little.
    gratz doca, keep it up !
    & thanx means (for this, at least ... ^^ ....).
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Some suggestion for u to keep u buzy hehe, I hope u dont hate me

1. Sided shoulder pad for 1st and 2nd part?
    2. Token board can be better?
    3. Peren sheet/bolt for peren weapon?
    4. Melted silver/gold/platinum after tradeskill from personal fanance seems to be the same
    5. Basically all tradeskill items you can find in shops like diff icon for diff ql biocom, Diff icon for diff part of tradeskill item for carbonum armor/nano disc?
    6. First aid/treatment kits/stims?
    7. Engi pet trimmers/bot shells?
    8. boiled eggs for vte? the fresh eggs and the boiled ones seems to be the same, and the Vtes are the same regardless of which step of tradeskill u are in.
    9. Sandy piece of goo? not another bracer of ka.
    10. NCU memory? Diff between Dark memory and dark dreams, memory loop vs foreman ncu/cpu upgrade, diff between Yuttos and infuse yuttos?
    11. Nano Recompiler? I think the AI ones is same as RK ones and as well as infused ones, and they are all the same for diff ql.
    12. Belt?
    13. Treatment library/surgery clinic?
    14. Hud items? Nanoprogramming interface = fixer ncu interface = nano damage hud
    15. small igots could use diff icon if it is diff ql. and silver/platinum igot is the same
    16. Implants/symbiants?
    Last edited by Ceenah2; Feb 1st, 2010 at 05:04:31.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    14. Hud items? Nanoprogramming interface = fixer ncu interface = nano damage hud
    = Nano Controller Unit
    And yes would love to see more changes in icons for these. (since trying to TS with a Nano Controller Unit is no-go..)

4. Melted silver/gold/platinum after tradeskill from personal fanance seems to be the same
    5. Basically all tradeskill items you can find in shops like diff icon for diff ql biocom, Diff icon for diff part of tradeskill item for carbonum armor/nano disc?
    8. boiled eggs for vte? the fresh eggs and the boiled ones seems to be the same, and the Vtes are the same regardless of which step of tradeskill u are in.
    10. NCU memory? Diff between Dark memory and dark dreams, memory loop vs foreman ncu/cpu upgrade, diff between Yuttos and infuse yuttos?
    11. Nano Recompiler? I think the AI ones is same as RK ones and as well as infused ones, and they are all the same for diff ql.
    12. Belt?
    15. small igots could use diff icon if it is diff ql. and silver/platinum igot is the same
    16. Implants/symbiants?
    Some of these such as the peren components already have unique icons and don't need to be redone. Also different icons for different QL shouldn't be, since it's the same item, just a different QL.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    Some of these such as the peren components already have unique icons and don't need to be redone. Also different icons for different QL shouldn't be, since it's the same item, just a different QL.
    It can be nice to have a subtly different icon to indicate different QLs. See carbonrich rocks and ore, monster parts or NCU memories (the 16-31 one does not fit though).

This is rather low priority though, it's more important to get a unique icon for each item.

12. Belt?
    16. Implants/symbiants?
    good list, added to my 2do-list, not sure on what priority rating I'll give them. Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Good idea and I might do it,.. but not a priority, I'm adding to the existing backpack icons, not redoing them all. I know there are only a few backpacks anyways, so I might do a retrofit. but like I said, not a priority atm.

Cheers!

Amazing stuff, keep it up and thanks for your time
    Baja69 220/30 Doc ¤¤ Bajaka 220/30 Keeper ¤¤ Nabella 220/30 Crat ¤¤ Baja 220/30 Enf ¤¤ Warlouz 220/30 Shade ¤¤ Carlouche 165/23 Fix ¤¤ Papa 150/18 Doc ¤¤ Grosbaja 90/9 Trad
    Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Some really impressive stuff - Good job. =)
    think you should offer him a job

BUMP BUMP
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

wow! definitly bump...
    Nightline 220 doctor || Nightwire 220 fixer
    Warpdrive 220 engineer || Pathmaster 220 adventurer
    Nightwave/Nuclearcore/Nightstorms/Pathripper || Nightfire/Nightfusion/Nightfade/Nightwraith

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast