Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Daiken View Post
    really awesome work.
    But hecklers are stone, they all kinda look a bit "shiny" atm
    They wouldnt once in game, the alpha textures and such would be applied to them as well and limit the amount of "glare" you see from the object. Pretty much just post render stuff in game, things doc cant really mimic.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Add a futuristic ring with blue lights and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    How about this for the Heckler of elements, or dreams?...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...r_Sample04.jpg

Cheers again!.
    Heckler of Hippies ftw!
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Ok, this is way Off-Topic, but hey, it's my playground so I think I'm allowed..

Saw my friend in the game today,.. when I saw his armor, I did a double take, doesn't it look like a caricature of Richard Nixon on the chest piece? What the heck? is Funcom a Nixon fan secret society? LoL

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...xonFanClub.jpg

Really, it looks like Nixon!! too funny, I'm still laughing about this.

LoL, Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Smile

Ok, this is way Off-Topic, but hey, it's my playground so I think I'm allowed..

Saw my friend in the game today,.. when I saw his armor, I did a double take, doesn't it look like a caricature of Richard Nixon on the chest piece? What the heck? is Funcom a Nixon fan secret society? LoL

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...xonFanClub.jpg

Really, it looks like Nixon!! too funny, I'm still laughing about this.

LoL, Cheers!
    LOL - that's hilarious!

PS
    You painted it on top admit it!

It's a crop of a screenshot of my friend outside Miir shop in NLC.. I think it's the combined officer's chest.. I didn't retouch the image at all.

back on topic.. here is the cast of heckler texture maps I finished..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._Hecklers1.jpg

Cheers!

It's a crop of a screenshot of my friend outside Miir shop in NLC.. I think it's the combined officer's chest.. I didn't retouch the image at all.

back on topic.. here is the cast of heckler texture maps I finished..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._Hecklers1.jpg

Cheers!
    Actually it's the Control Unit Chest Plate (http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=215465).

BOT: Don't know but I like the Inferno heck the most.

PS
    From now on I will always call it the nixon chest plate!

..a few more rings,.. simple design in the 3 basic metals..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...re_Rings01.jpg

Cheers!

Naiss! I especially like that they're easy to recognise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Also, the 256x256 heckler has a considerably lower ID than the other ones, suggesting that it is a lot olfer than the other ones. In fact, looking at some other textures that have a larger ID than it, I believe that it was introduced way back in the original game.
    Hecklers, the model and texture, exist in the original AO from way back. You can find them on Golem Island where they are called "Golems".

Also, hecklers are among the things getting the higher texture quality treatment already, like we saw in Friday With Means a while back.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Gastroturf View Post
    While we're on the subject of icons, can someone tell me what this is? Where is the trigger? Where is the handle? Which end does the shooting? I need to know these things!
    I say it's a megaphone and your voice is the firing pin...and until I read the description, I always wondered why I was using a vile of alien zygote to shoot a pulse at my enemies?

Anyway, I too agree with the whole thing. I like Docaholic's textures and his proposition and I hope that a new wave of icon graphics are included in the engine update. I always wondered how those big headed atroxes got that tiny ring over their heads. A collar it is not.
    O god that eye...poke it...JAM YOUR THUMB IN IT!

Atlantean
    Gratuspetrol - 71 / 2 Solitus Adventurer ||| Flakeater - 9 / 1 Solitus Engineer ||| Gaspachicus - 6 / 1 Solitus Soldier
    Rimor
    Hagaar - 100 / 2 Atrox Enforcer ||| Houd - 25 Solitus Keeper ||| Hurgety - 12 / 1 Solitus Soldier

What about diff breed of Alien/Alien boss with diff colors like Rimah, arkari etc. instead of just green

And what about diff redeem/unredeem mob accros different SL zone?

Cyborgs in RK can have some touch up too

Diff colors of Engi bot?
    Diff colors of MP pet?
    Diff colors of Crat bot?
    Last edited by Ceenah2; Jan 21st, 2010 at 13:45:37.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by BranDango View Post
    I say it's a megaphone and your voice is the firing pin...and until I read the description, I always wondered why I was using a vile of alien zygote to shoot a pulse at my enemies?
    What's more interesting that it's the Toilet-Bots that make it work according to the description. There are several weapons that have those it seems

(Yeah I know it's actually "toiler")
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Exclamation

go away you evil second page!

Bump! Hope to see your work ingame
    Hadharani "Sebinoxx" Sabertooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    What you choose to do with your a$$ recreationally is your own business. Thank you for "in your own way" bringing this misunderstanding to my attention.

Sorry for the slow down in posting new goodies, but I currently have a small art contract that is grabbing away my time. This is a good thing, and was bound to happen. It's too bad FC never followed up on that "you should be contacted soon" PM I got.

I should be back to making more goodies in a week or so, until then, feel free to continue posting ideas on what you think needs new inventory graphics. I'll be lurking, and you never know, if I see an idea that peaks my interest I might take a few min to make the new item.

Also, the heckler textures I made was just an example of my getting sidetracked, this thread really should foccus on new inventory graphics.

Cheers!

P.S. Thanks for making this the most popular thread on the AO forums, let's see if we can push the popularity even further after this contract. I love AO and want it to be even better, anything I can do to help is a pleasure.

Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast