Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202152 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Yeah I love your work

Very impressive.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Some really impressive stuff - Good job. =)
    i can has yous stuff???

wait.. this wasnt a quit thread?

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Some of those rings are bracers!
    Actually I have different designs in mind for bracers and collars,.. and 'pads' that don't look like monster parts etc.

I'm working on more rings and will do some collar and bracer samples soon.

...but these will never get in game until at the very least I find out what file format and size I need to make the final renders. With transparency? Alpha channel? Mask?

Cheers!

Bumpzor, nice work with the Rings.....

Means check what some of your dedicated players can do :-)

I vote Docaholic should get some free playtime & you implement these rings considering its allready rendered 8)
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

Here is a simple sample of the Collar design I had in mind.. the main goal is to be able to recognize it as a collar in game..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...arSample01.jpg

Comments welcome, cheers!

P.S. I'm trying to keep the designs and models simple so that just by changing the applied texture in Bryce I can give the collar/rings etc a new look.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Here is a simple sample of the Collar design I had in mind.. the main goal is to be able to recognize it as a collar in game..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...arSample01.jpg

Comments welcome, cheers!

P.S. I'm trying to keep the designs and models simple so that just by changing the applied texture in Bryce I can give the collar/rings etc a new look.
    I was expecting a leather circle with a bell on the front for some reason.
    That's much better
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I was expecting a leather circle with a bell on the front for some reason.
    That's much better
    Looks like somebody has something else in mind for collars
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

While we're on the subject of icons, can someone tell me what this is? Where is the trigger? Where is the handle? Which end does the shooting? I need to know these things!

Quote Originally Posted by Gastroturf View Post
    While we're on the subject of icons, can someone tell me what this is? Where is the trigger? Where is the handle? Which end does the shooting? I need to know these things!
    I have absolutely no idea

Kinda looks like a hovering space-taxi seen from above or something. White bumpers and engine at the back (left), black window towards the front (right). White chrome stripe running down the roof.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

These are really good, I think you did a good job.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

bump

i like your rings, FC should buy them off you for a few cups of leet piss or playtime or something, they look sexy.

if they could also stop reusing graphics for nano program icons too it would be great, I mean wtf is with LE procs all looking exactly the same so you have to mouse over them to know which it is? And as a NT most my cooldown nanos have exactly the same icon (which is also the same as suppressive horde, pretty annoying when using detonation matrix)

FC should open a design contest or something, I'm pretty sure some people would volunteer to make new graphics for the game.

nice work bump for this
    Dark1947 220 / 30 Fixer 1rst fixer AI 30 on Rimor

Advisor of Devil Inside : still looking for new players and pvpers... More info at Devil Inside website here

Actualité Geek et High-Tech Place4Geek.com

Fixer Guides : Low HP setup, PvP and reflects-
    ----------------Tips & Tricks for PVP with your fixer against all profs
    ----------------QL 300 AI eye without burden & without gunship

Thumbs up

Bump for great idea and great work!
    Comdriver, RK2 engi and RK1 since 2012
    WTB belt for engineering tools

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    hjyuhjyuyhjyuhj45uhy4gftrftrg2

*bows to the game's new graphics designer*

FC, if you have any idea what would be good for this game, give this guy a free lifetime account in exchange for new inventory graphics.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Some really impressive stuff - Good job. =)
    I second that!

(This is just me guessing stuff.. I'm no legal expert)

It's generally rare that players get to design anything for a game. The game company can never have complete security in the fact that what players produce aren't fully or partially based on copyrighted material that isn't owned by the company or the players themselves. There's also probably some problems with the official rights to things that are produced by players. They would probably have to sign all kinds of agreements to release the rights to what they have created to the game company or whatever. I'm no legal expert

So because of this, it might be hard for FC to use the icon-graphics that this player have already created. It would be hard for FC to verify the legal ownership of parts or the entirety of the icons.

So I'm guessing that a player would have to enter into this very structured and foolproof system of signed agreements and legal documents and all kinds of stuff before he is even allowed to start producing things for the game.

I'm also guessing that most developers don't want to go through or get involved with such a process.

It would be cool if FC found a way to have a working relationship with people like the OP of this thread though

Having that said, players HAVE created content for AO before. AO maps and such that are now in game were designed by a player in AO. (He then started working for FC I think). Jayde I think his chars name was. I don't quite remember. (I suck at names)
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Dec 7th, 2009 at 15:27:07.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I want those rings! oO

Giev!

Great work, hope to see some you do some work for them.
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 7th, 2009 at 15:45:40. Reason: Doc? ...Hi!

Here is an update with more rings, some collars and my first tests for bracers. let me know what you think of the bracers, I'm still hashing out the designs..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...wAO_Rings2.jpg

Note: I'm a professional artist (specializing in 2d/gui art) all this work is my own and if Funcom needs proof these are all 100% my own desigs/work, well I have the original models and bryce files of all the renderings. I've worked on several games of note over the years, my 2 claim to fame games I worked on are Steel Panthers 1 and 2, and Space Empires V.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Here is an update with more rings, some collars and my first tests for bracers. let me know what you think of the bracers, I'm still hashing out the designs..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...wAO_Rings2.jpg

Note: I'm a professional artist (specializing in 2d/gui art) all this work is my own and if Funcom needs proof these are all 100% my own desigs/work, well I have the original models and bryce files of all the renderings. I've worked on several games of note over the years, my 2 claim to fame games I worked on are Steel Panthers 1 and 2, and Space Empires V.

Cheers!
    That's very nice

I hope we do get to see your work ingame. It's always cool when players help create content for a game, especially when it's such high quality work.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202152 ... LastLast