Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293061 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

And i was thinking that i could properly work with programs like GIMP...

I guess il have to put some more heads (= read: opifex heads) on other bodies (= read: trox bodies) before i can mess around with things like that

respect...
    Former Evandoc *whine*

Cows "Areeh" Orange

<3 Free Spirits
    Proud neutral on Atlantian server

Did somebody say Opifex head with an Atrox's body?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway I decided to have a crack at making a Blood Plasma icon myself. I based this heavily off the origional icon so there isn't too much innovation in it. I also tried to keep it very simple while pushing the effect of simplicity to the max. My plan was to create a naturally "new" container, one that Omni Med could have created as a successor to the current blood plasma container.

I was tempted to give the blood a realistic texture (I still maintain this is actual blood, since the plasma is a pale straw colour. Also, fact for the day, plasma would be much more useful component as a general battlefield stim than the red blood), to play around with transparency and reflection, to put various nozzels and needles into the lid and a small computer on the side (very tempted by that last one, actually) however I promised myself to keep it simple so simple I kept it: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...od_Plasmas.jpg
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

all i wanna say is that.. i'm completely amazed at your talent doc. carry on :P
    Payvaypay
    220/18/???

Why new blood plasma containers? There not a re-used icon are they?
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

dude your work is amazing! biggest bump!

Ok, I rerolled Docaholic to my paid account and decided to go on a noob island scavenger hunt. My main goal was to see if there were items that had reused graphics or the description didn't seem to match the item. I made 9 alternate graphics, can you find and name them? (I scrambled the items on the right backpack before putting in the new graphics.)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...tion_test1.jpg

Note: I didn't think the bracelet needed to be changed, but wanted to see if the new bracer design fit the overall look of the game icons.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions for other stuff I may have missed on the ICC Shuttleport Island.

Cheers!

P.S. the only reason I fooled around with the blood plasma was because someone mentioned that the new juicy monster parts I made could use a nice upgraded icon for plasma to go with them. I'm perfectly fine with keeping the existing blood plasma icons, I think they are fine.
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Heh. The items you inserted are actually easily spot thanks to antialiased edges
    Bracer looks great ingame.

Your icons are fitting the look of the game nicely, with the exception that they are indeed of visually higher quality.

€: The leftmost, second row from top icon doesn't look so good here. To flat.
    Last edited by XenonDe; Dec 16th, 2009 at 16:54:40.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I can quite clearly see Salamander skin, Stalker limbs, Malle skull, Malle boneplates, a seashell and yellow/blue gem thingies (can't remember exact name). But maybe that's becouse I spend too much time on newbie isle :P
    I can't quite make out the spiky thing, rollerrat tail perhaps? Anyway good job, the icons fit the items very well and also match the rest of the content pretty decent (that's never perfect, I can still tell of most of the items what expantion they belong to judging from the icon).

Love the black/silver OT ring, if your looking for the clan equivalent of it that would be Ring of Suffering. About the ring of weeping flesh, I think the name is about the effect of it on use, I'm not so sure if it has to do with the looks. I don't particulary like the snake ring design, the snake itself is too thin. I would go for something that curls around the finger twice for abit more of the slithering effect mentioned in the item description(also suggested by tazalanche before), maybe looking more like the orriginal icon, although it's hard to see a snake in that.

Also suggested before, the large render of the icons in the item info window would be great! There are so many 48x48 items ingame now that I can't quite see what the hell it's supposed to mean. I do think these new icons will have a positive effect on the overall feel of the game, makes it look less artificial since in real life nothing is the same either. With Funcom releasing so many new items year after year I hope they will take some time to re-texture some of the old items too, as there are alot of items looking the same not only by icons but also by mesh.

All in all it's great to see some initiative between the general whining about game mechanics. I've been following this thread for a while now and all I can say about it is keep up the good work!

/abort wall of text

Hmmm, I was wondering, if you maybe have some spare time, could you try to remake the 2 sets of totw 1hb weapons?

Wondering what could come out of those.
    Former Evandoc *whine*

Cows "Areeh" Orange

<3 Free Spirits
    Proud neutral on Atlantian server

All due respect Doc, but for the first time in this thread I think I strongly prefer the older noob island icons better, with the exception of the stalker limb and bracer.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    All due respect Doc, but for the first time in this thread I think I strongly prefer the older noob island icons better, with the exception of the stalker limb and bracer.
    I hear you, and if my new monster parts and half digested body parts get used, the malle skull will become unique, perhaps even a throw back to the good ol days. and the blue and yellow corundum will also become unique if I replace the higher gems that use these same graphics. I was thinking the new corundum gems I made would be a good style for the 'uncut arbiter, monarch, emperor, stellar and galactic gems. I like the stalker limb too, that was the first one I made. Kind of cheated, just grabbed a screenshot of a stalker and cropped resized as needed LoL. If only all the new icons were that simple.

Cheers mate, I only did these as a side note,.. while thinkig up ways to make the multi hued gems.. speaking of those, I think I know a technique that might work.. I'll post them soon.

Eeek! another double post..

Here is my latest go at the multi-hued gems. Let me know what you think.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ed_Sample2.jpg

Cheers!

That latest set of gems is looking much better, really sparkly while not loosing too much defination at a small size.

Quote Originally Posted by evanZback View Post
    Hmmm, I was wondering, if you maybe have some spare time, could you try to remake the 2 sets of totw 1hb weapons?

Wondering what could come out of those.
    This is one that always annoyed me too. Here's a set of Icons (no 3D images/meshes this time) for the Howling Skull (origional icon) and its higher level "fire and ice" cousins. Top row is recolouring and relighting the whole icon, bottom row is doing the same but only to the face of the skull: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...TOTWskulls.jpg
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?

STOP THE PRESS!! <Me bangs head on wall because it'll feel good when I stop> I am sooooo silly sometimes, here I was playing with the specular colors, then the diffuse, then the ambiant, then surrounded the gems with different color lights and all the time forgetting the gems have transparency.. I applied a hue map to the transparent layer and this is the result, the highlights are still white light and the gem seems to retain it's gem-ness.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ed_Sample3.jpg

I think we have a new winner, these are my personnel favorites, do you agree?

Cheers!

Those are looking nicely. Best version so far.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Awesome, simply just awesome.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

That last set of gems loosk fantastic, much more definition in the icon sized images. They're a firm favorite for the multi-hued gems for me.

Myself, I've been playing around with a few models for weapons. AO has quite a few pistols using the same icon (a sort of black, snub-nosed thing or a grey/silver one with a wooden handle plate), so I figured it could do with some attention. For the one on the left I was thinking a sort of home-made or junk pistol, possibly an early engineer solar pistol or another low level generic thing.
    The one on the right I tried to make a little more unique, I had in mind an issue pistol for a private security force. Not the very best, but either decent shop weapons or foremans drops. I also made it look like it produced a tight beam, thinking of the SOL XI-P Medical Laser. It could also be a laser hairdrier though.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...toldesigns.jpg

Very nice art work, and yes, new graphics for rings and such are vastly needed, hopefully they'll listen and implement this BEFORE the engine upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ed_Sample3.jpg

I think we have a new winner, these are my personnel favorites, do you agree?

Cheers!
    They look pretty Xanafied to me (thats a good thing)
    Last edited by Maxisfix; Dec 17th, 2009 at 05:31:03.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

I'm interested in what Kintaii told you in PMs.

Good job btw :]
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293061 ... LastLast