Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 174849505152535455565758596061626364656667
Results 1,321 to 1,329 of 1329

Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

I'm still around, just logged into the game a few min ago to make sure my acc still worked, and it had to patch of course. It was like walking into a museum and everything was perfectly preserved. LOL I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Cheers v2.0

Default settings has my post back a page, so here is a repost to save you from having to go back to see what I posted..

Decided to finish the perks, that were half done like 2 years ago..

First the "Old"...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ps0f76ad31.png

and now the "New"

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...psa3fe854d.png

You be the judge!

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

I have no clue why they haven't streamlined putting new icons in to the game. You do good work.

Okay, I'll bite. I have no idea why the perk icons needed a new texture. They were simple and functional. I think the new icons have too much detail and too busy backgrounds to be any sort of improvement.

It's called aesthetics. The same old grey on black on grey on black on more grey icons get boring after a while. And they've been the same since day one.

Why do you think fc even bothers with the so-called new engine ? Things sometimes just need a fresh look, even though it's not a practical improvement.

Personally I love the new icons presented here by Docaholic and would love to see them ingame (should I ever reactivate).

i love some of your items and graphics on them, ile be honest i dislike your perks (im just being honest!) but i 100% love the work youve put in and it looks amazing, why cant funcom with your permission pinch some of your designs and impliment them ingame, maybe reward you with a free sub for acc for a year or something as payment?
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by Valour View Post
    i love some of your items and graphics on them, ile be honest i dislike your perks (im just being honest!) but i 100% love the work youve put in and it looks amazing, why cant funcom with your permission pinch some of your designs and impliment them ingame, maybe reward you with a free sub for acc for a year or something as payment?
    Not entirely sure who you're responding to here Valour, but you're aware that FC have been using Docaholics new icons for a rather long time now & even more just went in with this last patch to Testlive too...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

I dislike the look of new icons as well. I wish there'd be option to use old icons. They're more functional and more beautiful as well to my eye. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    Last edited by Scottik; Feb 11th, 2015 at 13:45:40.

A couple of notes on the perks icons...
    1) I like them for being more vibrant, for (in some cases) better depicting what they are, and having generally better contrast.
    2) But, the scheme is not consistent, which bugs me.
    .....a) In some, the colors used for the stripe & background are very low contrast, so all five look the same at first. The contrast variation for the background colors should be consistent (and higher).
    .....b) In some of the new icon backgrounds, the 5th one is the color of the stripe in the first one, while in others, the 5th one is the other color. It would make more sense if the bg of the 5th was always the stripe color.
    .....c) I don't really like that the icon is crammed into the corner. It makes the 5th one with its solid background look strange.
    3) The detailed artwork of the icon subject matter is fantastic in every case.

After being back from before rebalance I was horried how the new attack shortcuts look (Fast attack, brawl etc.). Very much prefer the simple and clear look that was before. Would like to see those back or at least a chance to choose what you prefer. Although I like the added new graphics for items that many used to look the same.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 174849505152535455565758596061626364656667