Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

In my spare time I went back to the filigree rings, I think it's more important that the rings at final icon size (48x48) be easy to distinguish between the silver and platinum. so I went with a slightly more blue tint for the platinum. I think this will work.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ree_Sample.jpg

above samples of a basic filigree ring and a filigree ring set with a gem. (I do not think it will be necessary to make another render with a 'perfectly cut' v version. Keeping it simple is the rule of my game.)

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Realy nice work. Are you able to render and maybe refresh the meshs of the armor ? You can find them at auno. And i want to see more stuff then only gems and bracer Huds Utils Weapons i love your work !

Just have one thing to say to you

OMFG WTF BBQ?!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Nice going on the rings, though I must say, I hope you will make spesific icons for rings with each kind of gem. Since what bothers me most is not the icons (they are rather unique) but what comes out of them (If I set a gold ring with a diamond, how does a ring with a red stone come out?)

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    Nice going on the rings, though I must say, I hope you will make spesific icons for rings with each kind of gem. Since what bothers me most is not the icons (they are rather unique) but what comes out of them (If I set a gold ring with a diamond, how does a ring with a red stone come out?)
    I will be making a version of the rings with each of the colors for all the gems in the game. so a gold ring with a perfectly set almandine will have a purple stone, diamonds a clear stone, ruby red, beryl red, coral, pearl, all the gems will have a corresponding stone set in a bronze, silver, gold and platinum version of the rings.

in short if there are like 25 gems, then there will be 25 gold ones, 25 gold filigree, 25 perfectly cut versions, etc. Not to worry, when you make a ring you should be able to recognize it as what you made. the 3 color gems in the 'Sample' I posted are EXACTLY that.. SAMPLES! LoL

Give me some credit, this is a work in progress. first make the basic ring, then do a rendering with all the different color gems for the various gems in the game. the pearls and spheres will have a slightly different mount.

Cheers! stay tuned in the coming week for a nice flood of rings. and I still have some gems to finish off.

Edit: Oh and I want as many of the nodrop unique rings to be exactly that.. unique!
    Last edited by Docaholic; Dec 25th, 2009 at 21:15:31.

Looking forward to it...I'll be interested to see what you make of the Glimmering magnetic ring.
    And merry christmas
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Bump

is good.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I saw the new armor for new players thread and it got me thinking...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...es_Sample1.jpg

Shouldn't there be more armor made from plates? like the Carbonum? In the above sample I have Carb, Biomech, Junkmetal, Living Cyber, Nanotech and omni

One of the things I always disliked about the armors in AO, is that besides carb and the omni/clan versions finding/farming a set of the same QL pieces was a major pain. Through trade skills you should be able to make pretty much any armor in the game. The only exception being things like nova dillon and a few others that are stat buffing. but you should be able to make regular 'Dillon' armor.

What do you guys think? I I make the plates do you thing there would be a better chance of Funcom adding new armors to be tradeskilled?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post

Shouldn't there be more armor made from plates? like the Carbonum? In the above sample I have Carb, Biomech, Junkmetal, Living Cyber, Nanotech and omni

One of the things I always disliked about the armors in AO, is that besides carb and the omni/clan versions finding/farming a set of the same QL pieces was a major pain. Through trade skills you should be able to make pretty much any armor in the game. The only exception being things like nova dillon and a few others that are stat buffing. but you should be able to make regular 'Dillon' armor.

What do you guys think? I I make the plates do you thing there would be a better chance of Funcom adding new armors to be tradeskilled?

Cheers!

To be honest I like the idea of all Armours being tradeskillable, except Ofab (tier already is after all) and I think tier should be upgradeable through some process.

Even the Nova Dillon and Miy's should be trade-skillable really, after all, Carb adds some bonuses, why not allow other armours that do similar to be trade-skilled as well?

Put some use to all those items rotting in the Database doing nothing but are listed as trade-skill items.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

dude!!
    If you are looking for a job, i think fc might wanna consider hiring you!
    your works looks awesome, although i've only scrolled true a few random pages. I'm impressed. (I already strugle with MsPaint )

Happy hollidays
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

More tradeskillable armor is cool, but stuff like living cyber armor is made of living biomatter and cloth/circuits rather then from platework I would think.

'Living' might just be a catchy name for stuff that gets stronger over time.

To all of you who keep saying FC should employ Doc, or asking how it's going with the talks about having all this implemented, I have one thing to say:

Notice how Doc cleverly avoids even MENTIONING it in his posts? This is the usual sign of a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and at least to me it hints that talks are proceeding and are looking good. If so, then *wink wink nudge nudge* good luck talking to FC, Doc.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Cheers!
    Oh, indeed. All these armors that "nobody" uses could get a sort of renaissance through easy-access tradeskill... would make finished drops more valuable, and tradeskills more useful. Course, the armors could do with a bit of a statoost as well. A few buffs here and there wouldn't hurt at all. Reconfiguring old stuff is more of a fun thing than it is to have new stuff pumped in.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Regarding news from Funcom, I expect they are off taking a well deserved break over the holidays. I don't expect any firm contact/replies until at the earliest Jan 4th. In the mean time I'm doing renderings of all the different filigree rings with the different gems in them and will be doing similar to the basic bronze, silver, gold and platinum rings. I still have a few gems left to make but the list is getting smaller.. here is the list so far..

[x] 01) Almandine
    [x] 02) Amber
    [x] 03) Aquamarine
    [x] 04) Balas Ruby
    [x] 05) Black Opal
    [x] 06) Blue Pearl by Conner
    [x] 07) Chrysoberyl
    [x] 08) Cold Stone
    [x] 09) Coral
    [x] 10) Crystal Sphere
    [x] 11) Demantoid
    [x] 12) Diamond
    [x] 13) Ember
    [x] 14) Ember Sphere
    [x] 15) Emerald
    [x] 16) Fire Opal
    [x] 17) Flawless Spring Crystal
    [x] 18) Gem
    [x] 19) High Quality Silver Onyx
    [x] 20) Hot Stone
    [x] 21) Jet
    [x] 22) Pearl
    [x] 23) Pearl of Rubi-Ka
    [x] 24) Red Beryl
    [x] 25) Rubi-Ka Ruby
    [x] 26) Ruby
    [x] 27) Ruby Pearl
    [x] 28) Sapphire
    [ ] 29) Silver Onyx
    [ ] 30) Silver Pearl
    [x] 31) Soul Fragment
    [x] 32) Soul Sphere by Divaad
    [x] 33) Spring Crystal
    [ ] 34) Star Ruby
    [ ] 35) Topaz
    [ ] 36) Water Opal
    [ ] 37) White Opal

List of Pearls..

[ ] 01) Blue Pearl
    [ ] 02) Dull Pearl of Silver by Omni-Med
    [ ] 03) Gold 2 Sphere Pearl by Peters & Tool
    [ ] 04) Gripping pearl of Deception
    [ ] 05) Pearl of the Endless Sea
    [ ] 06) Shapeshifting Pearl of Notum
    [ ] 07) Shining 2 Sphere Pearl by Peters & Tool
    [ ] 08) Special Pearl

If you see any missing please post here. I;m sure I got the bulk of the gems listed. Oh and the images no longer load for me at that items db link that some gracious guy posted earlier in the thread. I should have made an 'offline' version while the graphics were available.

Cheers!

If you see any missing please post here. I;m sure I got the bulk of the gems listed. Oh and the images no longer load for me at that items db link that some gracious guy posted earlier in the thread. I should have made an 'offline' version while the graphics were available.

Cheers!
    apache seemed to been confused about something on one of my servers. its working fine now. (i have aodbus spread over a few servers....).

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Awesome work.

Speaking of armors and stuff....Imo it wouldn't be a great addition to game to have regular drop armor tradeskillable, nobody uses it anyway (and no, it's not isuee of getting specific ql, that's easy enough as it is). But maybe you could design icons for plates etched with XXX, so they would be visually distinguished whether you used HSR - Sketch and Etch - Arms or HSR - Sketch and Etch - Boots. Tools could use better icons as well, something with icon of the armor piece they make.

Another suggestion is backpacks. That Fc enabled renaming them went a long way towards sorting inventory, but it can still use improvment. Since Kintaii is folowing this tread, here's suggestion to both of you. Make a new line of backpacks, dunno, 20 backpacks in line, with different icons. They don't have to have special in-game mesh, for all I care, they can be the same as small backpack uses. I'm just after unique icons.

Oh, and appartment (and other access) cards as well as different forms (for example) could use separate icons.

Kinda feel sorry for you after voicing those suggestions, with job and all the work done designing all those icons, do you even have any time left to play?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Can you make a Honed Edge of Tarasque that has a graphic of the sword on fire?

thanks.

<3

Nice work!
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

A thread in well deserve of a bump.

These are some EXCELLENT graphics and more than amazing ideas.

Absolutely great to see this! Even though I'd like to see something else then rings.
    PH33R W1TH GR34T PH33R!

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast