Thread: Item's drop, and loot table.

Item's drop, and loot table.

What would be the most useful thing in-game to use?
    What would be the most useful thing out-of-game to use?

Well here it is, a long list of what items drop, where, what drops it, and how to make it.

For example.
    If you were looking to see how to make an item, you would just download a text file, that gave all usefull item drops, where, what drops it, and how to make it.

This is what it would look like.

Slippers of Screaming | Inferno | Creepy Spider | Not a TS item.
    Burden of Competence | Pandemonium | Beast | Not a TS item.
    Shoulders of Sabotage | Pandemonium | Beast | Not a TS item.
    Unkown Mixture | Xan Playfield | Xan | Nano Activation + Cloth = Stellar Deck

Stuff like that. No need for the coordinates, but something to that effect.
    When the content is done, I will release it.

By the way, only useful stuff for endgame will be included for the first part, then I will go to TL 5, TL 3, TL 2.

It's a idea in progress.
    I might actually work on this if I ever finish my toon.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mrdood; Jan 4th, 2010 at 21:56:23. Reason: **Fixed**

220/70/30 Advy in progress - Fizzeh
    Current: 205/4/7

It's a nice idea but there are already several player-made sources that offer this information in various forms (database web sites with comments, forum search, guides, third-party maps, info bots, etc.).

Trying to get everything in one uniform list would be very difficult, and not really worth the effort since it would only serve to duplicate 90% of the information that's already out there.

Yes, you are correct.

BUT, why do you want to look at four different sources, when you can get it all in one source.

I do however, agree, that it would take a bit of time to create something like this.

Also, I think on my free time of sitting around in Borealis. I will be generating a list of what will go on my text document.

What will happen is, I will do what I have expressed. But only in the form of a text document.

Then, I will make it all neat, pretty, and professional.

I will then release it to the public and see what they think of it.

I bet a lot of players will download it, because a lot of them don't know where a bunch of stuff is, and are to lazy to look at four different sources to try to figure them out.

NOW, I will not be telling you where to get the items that tradeskill with the item listed. I will only tell you what it combines with. To list all the other information, would be way to time consuming, and would not be worth it.

So, I vote Yay, and not Nay.

220/70/30 Advy in progress - Fizzeh
    Current: 205/4/7

Gotta admit it would take more than a textdocument to make me switch from the site i use today. Even if it was one complete document.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdood View Post
    So, I vote Yay, and not Nay.
    I was engaged in similar project. Took me over 1.5 years and it wasn't anywhere near complete. After you trim away all the monster wear, nano effects, playfield fixtures and combining all the ql ranges of a single item into 1 entry, you're still left with over 35k items.

Such a list takes a lot of effort as well as time. You're talking about most usefull items, but that's really your personal experience. If you publish list, you'll get requests from players to include X item into list. And yes, my personal view is that a such list should include drop places of tradeskill components, especially since stuff like Prohibited Mortar parts drop from Razor/Xark.

If you're really set on creating such a list, then by all means, go ahead and make it and cudos to you. However, if your intention is that a list would be helpfull to everybody, not (primarely) just to you, you'll soon realize it will take more effort then you originally bargained for.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    Gotta admit it would take more than a textdocument to make me switch from the site i use today. Even if it was one complete document.
    What site is it that you use?
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdood View Post
    I bet a lot of players will download it, because a lot of them don't know where a bunch of stuff is, and are to lazy to look at four different sources to try to figure them out.

Well, go for it I say!

Chances are pretty high it would then be one of "five different sources" that someone would need to poke through.

And also "a lot of them" won't know where your list is anymore than the other existing sources.

And you'd need to keep it updated, but chances are it will fall out of date and then players will still need to look at multiple sources anyways...

BUT don't let my opinion dissuade you (I just feel I am being realistic about it) - go for it - and makes yours the "definitive" info source!