Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 4th, 2009 - Who is not at the company party? ME!

High res mission looked HAWT!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Dasm, those screenies looks GREAT!

no. 4. You should get yourself a little light
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I love when they do old/new side-by-side comparisons then you can really see the difference. Love the new water and skybox. Get some updated vegetation in there and bring out the new character heads/bodies and even n00bs will drool.

pict #4 looks totally unrealistic and needs to be done with better lighting and models, add a nice female opifex and a gun toting trox.

Looks like things are coming along nicely.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by EdtaatdE View Post
    *sigh* at Whine Online... as soon as the screenies arrive they find something else to beg for... (xmas). /me hugs Means and Team
    uh, scroll a few pages back, i was asking for christmas patch BEFORE the screen shots came out..

honestly i could'nt care less about screen shots the game does'nt really look bad imo as-is and i've been hearing about a engine upgrade for far to long to get excited over some pictures.

christmas patch i can actually enjoy NOW.. (soon) er, well.. hopefuly THIS year anyway.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Looking good (screenies 1 & 2)

how long before the new grass/trees will be in place?

Also, regarding heads, will we get a chance to review all the 'reworked' heads before they are locked in? I'm sure the vast majority will be fine but you may yet find the users spotting a couple of 'gollums' in the mix that were not apparent from the artists' point of view.

Hey Means, ever watch Black Books? Too much of a coincidence otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Last time I saw him on test he was a fixer... This "Means" Something? Who knows
    fraps or it didn't happen :-p
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    1. There was only one shot of the new engine (now with Sky!) in the presentation...the sky isn't perfect but now that it is there at all the artists can work with it to make it perfect.

2. A RK mission with upgraded Textures (to note the difference this will make without even using help from the new engine.)

3. A peek at the new Omni "daily mission" office coming in the next major update.

4. Me multi-tasking during the very short period of time I was at the company party.

I was hoping to add a few screens of the engine that were not in the presentation...however the H1N1 is currently victimizing one of my engine guys and I am not going to interrupt the other one who is working on something I want him to finish. Faster Faster!
    Thanks for this update

RK mission pic looks really cool, will all missions be texture upgraded?

Warm Regards
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

I loved the new screenshots. Thanks Means!

One question, though: Could you maybe give us a few more mission screens with the upgraded textures? That door liked kind of cool, but it was very monochrome and angular. It would be nice to see some more complex textures from the missions in the high res version.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

4. Me multi-tasking during the very short period of time I was at the company party...
    You get to smoke indoors? wtb
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Can't smoke indoors in Norway - they are outside - which also explains them all being bundled up like polar bears.

what happened to the euro-mullet?
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

<snip>!
    Nom nom nom's screenshots.

Sooo good!!!

is it just me or does means look like Michael Wincott in that photo???

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Can't smoke indoors in Norway - they are outside - which also explains them all being bundled up like polar bears.
    Ooh yeah, after looking closer on that pic I can see they are outdoors. My bad.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

As for the last pic - that looks like it could be a good storyboard panel that launches a quest done by the Illuminatti in TSW.

blob player-shadow on RK mission -1

but i assume shadows are on todo-list
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Surm-ffs View Post
    Hey Means, ever watch Black Books? Too much of a coincidence otherwise.
    Never seen it...but now you have suggested it I watched a couple clips on the net and can't wait to watch them all. Thanks for the tip
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    blob player-shadow on RK mission -1

but i assume shadows are on todo-list
    Old engine = old shadows

Only the texture resolution of the npc and the mission structure have been upped to show what kind of a difference that will make...even without the new engine's help.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Old engine = old shadows

Only the texture resolution of the npc and the mission structure have been upped to show what kind of a difference that will make...even without the new engine's help.
    then i must say it looks pretty good.. hard to believe its the old engine from the way light affects walls and floor tho
    everything on my screen is so unshaded like there is nothin else than ambient lightning
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast