Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: make RRFE self only

make RRFE self only

yup, heres an idea, how can the devs balance 14 classes while factoring in rrfe? if the devs really want to balance the classes they should make rrfe self only since last time i checked, the diference between a doc with or without rrfe is worlds apart, the diference between a shield MP with or without rrfe is worlds apart aswell, the difference between a decked out enf with or without rrfe is worlds apart, i think its only fair that if they want to truly balance the classes and make them have the right tools, rrfe shouldnt be a factor and right now, it is, devs might not think about rrfe when they fix stuff but lets face it, in pvp, everyone has that 30% shield and i think its wrong

i do support agents still having rrfe from TP etc

that is all. what do you guys think?

They need to make team auras better then (update faster, etc.).
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    ...last time i checked, the diference between a doc with or without rrfe is worlds apart,...
    I know this since years
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

You only mention RRFE, but I think there are other buffs as well that are overpowered in PvP. My biggest beef is with Behe and iLC; they easily triple (or even more) a TL 2-3 character's HP, which is completely ridiculous. GSF is problematic as well; if you don't have a way of holding your target still, you can't catch him. There are probably others that I don't remember right now.

On the other hand, all of these are highly useful in PvM. As a nearly pure PvM player, I cannot support making these buffs universally self-only. One way I've suggested is to clear all outside buffs from NCU as soon as you enter 25% or lower gas. The existing PvP mechanics will take care of preventing hugely overpowered buffs from being recast.

I better add "cant have reflect programs in ncu" flag to MP shield )

RRFE and some other things mostly just function as an added chaos-factor in AO. I personally don't mind RRFE being self only.

It's one of those arbitrary things that AO has to offer. One of those things that has very few, if any, positive aspects while having many more negative aspects tied to it. Many will whine, kick and scream if someone tries to take a serious look at these things, because they don't want AO to "turn into WoW" or whatever other half-baked nonsense stuff they cook up in their heads.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    On the other hand, all of these are highly useful in PvM. As a nearly pure PvM player, I cannot support making these buffs universally self-only.
    I don't think RRFE applies to this though. If you are teaming with a soldier, you get reflect aura. If you are not teaming with a soldier then you should try to get by without it. If it's impossible to get specific stuff done without rrfe then FC could address those specific areas individually. RRFE being self only wouldn't really cause problems for PvM.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I don't think RRFE applies to this though. If you are teaming with a soldier, you get reflect aura. If you are not teaming with a soldier then you should try to get by without it. If it's impossible to get specific stuff done without rrfe then FC could address those specific areas individually. RRFE being self only wouldn't really cause problems for PvM.
    That's a good point. I do tend to solo self-buffed, or with whatever buffs I have left over from the last raid, and the reflect aura indeed supplant RRFE for raids. So yeah, making RRFE self-only wouldn't affect me too much.

Froobs would lose out on reflects then, and basic game would be fubared :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Or remove rrfe from the game entirely, and reduce all damage by 30%
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    You only mention RRFE, but I think there are other buffs as well that are overpowered in PvP. My biggest beef is with Behe and iLC; they easily triple (or even more) a TL 2-3 character's HP, which is completely ridiculous. GSF is problematic as well; if you don't have a way of holding your target still, you can't catch him. There are probably others that I don't remember right now.

On the other hand, all of these are highly useful in PvM. As a nearly pure PvM player, I cannot support making these buffs universally self-only. One way I've suggested is to clear all outside buffs from NCU as soon as you enter 25% or lower gas. The existing PvP mechanics will take care of preventing hugely overpowered buffs from being recast.

AO is broken enough as it it lets try to think about 220, or at best TL5 too, im all for making every single buff ingame self though, that way people who want auras gotta team and stuff but then it creates more zerglings etc, im just saying, rrfe ruins it alot, and as a soldier you cant begind to understand just how annoying it is for us to have a hard time killing someone because of a buff casted by my own class, a buff which lets face it other than froobs, is not used at all by us, ever. it is just there to help others being a pain in the ass for us to kill, how can they fix balance when once they think things are fair, someone can get rrfe and be 3 times harder to kill just from that? as for gsf, i wouldnt mind either but they are about to change the run speed mechanics so lets see what that does

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Or remove rrfe from the game entirely, and reduce all damage by 30%

so soldiers will also take 30% less than before?

i didnt think so.

i didnt think so.
    And thats fine, because everyone having RRFE doesn't come close to breaking the game, and you know it.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Debump. Even as a soldier I can't complain. I love using my Augmented Hellfury to pop RRFE off people in BS. Sure they can just grab it again from teammates, but if timed right it can be a nasty surprise, especially to docs who are in the middle of tanking 3 people.

Removing RRFE would kind of screw over those that dont have shadowlands and thus cannot use the aura...

Not to mention theres nothing that wrong with RRFE, sure its 30% damage reduction if people have it but if they have it then good on them for not doing mass combat self buffed only, everyone else can do the same and can even bring in people to counteract the shield if its really that much of an issue.

Only time it could be said to be completely overpowered is if it was 1v1 duels but since outside buffs dont count in them only soldiers would have access to it anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    And thats fine, because everyone having RRFE doesn't come close to breaking the game, and you know it.

you are missing my point though, sure now people dont think its a big deal, since we all got used to it, im saying if they are doing major work about balancing the classes and the game, it would help not to have to factor in that people will have rrfe and thus might throw the balance completely off, example, advies got more than they need to live, toss a rrfe on them, who are they going to die to short of swap alpha which wont be there next patch, and AS FA agent alpha, which also wont be ther next patch?

another example is vs a fixer, while when they got no rrfe, the few bullets i hit them with hurt and i can actually harm them somewhat, when they got rrfe, they can outheal ANY dmg i do to them (with an assault rifle)

we got used to it, yes, dosnt make it any less idiotic that -everyone- is so much harder to kill than they should be because of my own buff , gsf isnt even the same as plenty people got high RS and some even choose evade over gsf
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 4th, 2009 at 18:09:08. Reason: removed obscenity

On that principle ALL buffs that help in combat would have to be made self only for "balancing"

getting buffs from others is part of the game, some are more useful then others but they all have an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    On that principle ALL buffs that help in combat would have to be made self only for "balancing"

getting buffs from others is part of the game, some are more useful then others but they all have an effect.
    Yeah but the question is, do some buffs have such a big effect that things would/could actually be a lot better if they were made self only? RRFE being the most effective buff by far makes it the obvious one to look at (first) and to discuss if it's in fact too much and if the game, players and devs would benefit from it being made self only if it is. (The obvious disclaimer being that making rrfe self-only is only half the procedure. Tiny adjustments to other things as a result of rrfe being made self-only would be required as well).
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Dec 4th, 2009 at 17:18:09.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

we got used to it, yes, dosnt make it any less idiotic that -everyone- is so much harder to kill than they should be because of my own buff , gsf isnt even the same as plenty people got high RS and some even choose evade over gsf
    Perhaps soldiers are OP vs targets without RRFE. In the real world, RRFE is and has been considered a must have, and if it is to be removed, it makes a lot more sense to simply provide it as some kind of passive buff for everyone (or change mechanics for the same effect), and remove the nano line for soldiers too.

If anything, classes should get the option to "Guard" others, where you simply take damage (or a percentage) instead of the person you are protecting. This would make AMS extremely useful for protecting *others* as well as yourself for the duration.

Then we can all enjoy RRFE enabled PVP, soldiers have a reflect and damage mitigation advantage, and can situationally really assist others with damage mitigation too.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

your thinking pvp, for certain things in pvm, osbs are required during the levels that they yeild the most advantage (like DR goddess, for a few profs).

also, if you give every one a passive 30% reflect and remove it from sold tool set, i want other buffs to be removed and every one gets insta benifit, like enfos essence, trader wrangle, or fixers hot.

for those who cant hear the sarcasm in my typing, what im saying is that buffs are given to particular profs for a reason, and there are buffs that can and can not be cast on other people for a reason, placing a min lv on buffs like fixer ncu buffs would fix the osb for pvp problem, but it would also inhibit there ability to twink, and twinking is to large of a part of AO to limit it to higher lvs.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast