Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 27th, 2009 - Uphill in 6 feet of snow

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    How do I start this new SL freakin' instance?
    As far as I know it's in Adonis, not sure where though as I have not gone to find it yet.
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

Funcom employee Friday with Means - November 17th, 2009

Means specifically said the words "Offer" when talking about German server transfers. This does not mean that all people will be moved against their will, but simply that they will have the choice if they want to. This isn't by any means a forced resettlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Huminus View Post
    Again the question: Will you close RK3?

I think the char transfer from RK3 is probably the worst idea FC could have.
    - They will lose a lot of players who can only speak German.
    - They will lose a lot of players who are simply pissed of by that decision.
    - They will lose a lot of players who transfer and then find out, that is has nearly no advantages but some bid disadvantages
    - They will lose a lot of players by ripping the community apart (or do you think they will allow a transfer of all neutral chars to RK2, all omni chars to RK1 and so son?)
    - They will lose some players on RK1 and RK2 who might see the germen transfer as a curse

The majority want to stay on RK3. Even if only the whiners transfer (you can have them in may opinion) this will be a considerable loss. These are the guys who want to take the easy route. They know they will never get the same equipment if they start out new.

And I don’t think that the people on RK1 and RK2 are specially lucky with the end-equipped chars transferring to them. 90% of the high level char has his burden for the social, all midlevel twinks are equipped in high-ql Combined AI-armour and so on.

Neutrals will fight for there own day in pande and PF42 and disturbed the normal raids if they have to. Towerfighter will raze the towers when your are sleeping due to the difference in time-zones (that is, if there are enough people transfering and not quitting)

And the guys who want the transfer will find, that there are not so much more people online during there play-time due to the different time zones. The faction raids will be during times the average German can not participate and so on and so on.

This might very well be the beginnung of the end. For all worlds.
    nonsense and only represents a minimal fanatic part of dnw population.
    working hard on giving a wrong impression in this forum, hu? in the german forum 90% of replies are <3
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    How do I start this new SL freakin' instance?
    Location coordinates: 1690 x 542, The Suburbs, Adonis.

Near Scott Free from Syndicate brain quest
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by means View Post
    ...this year's christmas goodies...
    Toys!
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Some games don't even out that long before they shut servers, so your expectation is unreasonable. And I do see FC reaction as completely valid because every other company does the same thing ... server merge options. They aren't even forcing people to leave. You're just being negative to convince yourself it's all horribly wrong. It's foolish TBH. You have a good option to relocate to two healthy populated servers after crying for years your's isn't and now you get it, you crying more that it's too late for whatever reason. I'm not sure why anyone should really listen to you at all. Anything that is going to happen, you will just cry about it.
    Every other company has had faster char tranfers, even Funcom did with AoC!

FYI I never cried, in fact I was from the beginning for transfers - I'm mad because making a poll and then let the players on RK3 wait and wait was just lame from funcom.

Only after Funcom announced that they would try to increase the population of RK3 I was against a transfer - just because I wanted the "try" to be a success. But Funcom just let the time pass and nothing happend from their site to increase the population on RK3.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Yeah those ideas are going to bring players in to save RK3. $100 cost for a 5 year old expansion on a froob account, a general chat for non-speaking german players who play on a German server and more advertising that players won't see. If by clever you mean stupid, then yeah, I guess anyone can come up with ideas like this. I mean, you say they should be clever, but clever has nothing to do with the fact that AO competes with newer games that appeal to more people which make it hard for AO to retain players.

I think a better idea is option to move server, which they are doing.
    You can try to think what you want, it still are examples and certainly not the worst ones.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    nonsense and only represents a minimal fanatic part of dnw population.
    working hard on giving a wrong impression in this forum, hu? in the german forum 90% of replies are <3
    I play on RK3 since the beta days of Gamigo - I just don't have an account for german forum.

So don't try to make it look like all germans have the same opinion about funcoms solution and are happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwolf View Post
    Means specifically said the words "Offer" when talking about German server transfers. This does not mean that all people will be moved against their will, but simply that they will have the choice if they want to. This isn't by any means a forced resettlement.
    Do you think Funcom will let the server stay even if there are even fewer player on it than now?

Again the question: Will you close RK3?

I think the char transfer from RK3 is probably the worst idea FC could have.
    - They will lose a lot of players who can only speak German.
    - They will lose a lot of players who are simply pissed of by that decision.
    - They will lose a lot of players who transfer and then find out, that is has nearly no advantages but some bid disadvantages
    - They will lose a lot of players by ripping the community apart (or do you think they will allow a transfer of all neutral chars to RK2, all omni chars to RK1 and so son?)
    - They will lose some players on RK1 and RK2 who might see the germen transfer as a curse

The majority want to stay on RK3. Even if only the whiners transfer (you can have them in may opinion) this will be a considerable loss. These are the guys who want to take the easy route. They know they will never get the same equipment if they start out new.

And I don’t think that the people on RK1 and RK2 are specially lucky with the end-equipped chars transferring to them. 90% of the high level char has his burden for the social, all midlevel twinks are equipped in high-ql Combined AI-armour and so on.

Neutrals will fight for there own day in pande and PF42 and disturbed the normal raids if they have to. Towerfighter will raze the towers when your are sleeping due to the difference in time-zones (that is, if there are enough people transfering and not quitting)

And the guys who want the transfer will find, that there are not so much more people online during there play-time due to the different time zones. The faction raids will be during times the average German can not participate and so on and so on.

This might very well be the beginnung of the end. For all worlds.

I have high chars on all 3 Servers and all well equipped but my best chars with most work invested are at rk3. I will be glad to pull them to a server with high population.
    And I know that all around the clock there are more ppl online compared with maintime at dnw.

Dont talk about things u dont know

Transfer is best choice...

Greetz

On top of that if they only let them transfer to 1 server there wouldn't be the "splitting" of the community.

Q: "How do they chose what server to let them transfer to?"
    A: "Which ever server has a lower average population."
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Just the plain offer in FWM today killed DNW ... it's nothing more than a fire house sale after todays announcement ... and allowing some of the few ppl change server forces the other to change servers or quit due to the lack of players on RK3

btw many ppl say "german server"

yes it has a german name but we have several ppl coming from russia etc only speaking some german but mostly english
    and do not forget the austrian and swiss ppl
    DNW is not a "must have eaten 5 kg of Sauerkraut a week" server

He said also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ..as much as I wanted to maintain a German only population ...

theres nothing mentioned about a shut down DNW. just informed about discussing the transfer.

so much ppls of DNW cancelt and left AO. so its a good idea offer transfer. i talked to lots of old mates and all saying they ll reactivate if transfer is possible. so that plan is get that lost players back to game.

thank you means!

@SoldiTwo: i m sure you get your own probes data - because in ours (served for years now) we can just just find out how much percent of the online ppls are in which playfield, but no number how much is the 100% :-p

And why exactly is a separate, fully german-speaking server necessary when you can do essentially the same thing with an org or a chatbot on either RK1 or RK2?

Thumbs up

I personally appreciate the Transfer and allready see in the german Forum that Players will reactivade as soon as they can transfer .
    Thank you Funcom and thank you Means for finally giving us the Freedom of Choice .
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    On top of that if they only let them transfer to 1 server there wouldn't be the "splitting" of the community.

Q: "How do they chose what server to let them transfer to?"
    A: "Which ever server has a lower average population."
    Seems to be the best option, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Akchosen View Post
    Just the plain offer in FWM today killed DNW ... it's nothing more than a fire house sale after todays announcement ... and allowing some of the few ppl change server forces the other to change servers or quit due to the lack of players on RK3

btw many ppl say "german server"

yes it has a german name but we have several ppl coming from russia etc only speaking some german but mostly english
    and do not forget the austrian and swiss ppl
    DNW is not a "must have eaten 5 kg of Sauerkraut a week" server
    Just true - except the Sauerkraut part ... kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelfamilie View Post
    theres nothing mentioned about a shut down DNW. just informed about discussing the transfer.

so much ppls of DNW cancelt and left AO. so its a good idea offer transfer. i talked to lots of old mates and all saying they ll reactivate if transfer is possible. so that plan is get that lost players back to game.

thank you means!

@SoldiTwo: i m sure you get your own probes data - because in ours (served for years now) we can just just find out how much percent of the online ppls are in which playfield, but no number how much is the 100% :-p
    You can calculate an estimate. For example if the probes file says the lowest percentage is 0,1 for a playfield and we know that this 0,1 is at least one player than this means that you have at least 1000 accounts logged in:
    at least 1 Account = 0,1% then 100% = at least 1000 accounts.

have you EVER logged in a other dim than DNW?

>> - They will lose a lot of players who can only speak German.

both sides on rk1 have a big german speaking org, and theres also a neut org :-p

>>- They will lose a lot of players who are simply pissed of by that decision.

they will get back all the players cancelt.

>>- They will lose a lot of players who transfer and then find out, that is has nearly no advantages but some bid disadvantages

which?

>>- They will lose a lot of players by ripping the community apart (or do you think they will allow a transfer of all neutral chars to RK2, all omni chars to RK1 and so son?)

*looool*
    nobody says, that whole DNW must do a transfer, they just discussing to offer it.

>>- They will lose some players on RK1 and RK2 who might see the germen transfer as a curse

my experience, and also all that i see here in forum is, that you will be welcome on rk1/2.

>>The majority want to stay on RK3. Even if only the whiners transfer (you can have them in may opinion) this will be a considerable loss. These are the guys who want to take the easy route. They know they will never get the same equipment if they start out new.

dont trink and write!

>>And I don’t think that the people on RK1 and RK2 are specially lucky with the end-equipped chars transferring to them. 90% of the high level char has his burden for the social, all midlevel twinks are equipped in high-ql Combined AI-armour and so on.

nonsense! since instanciated pande and instanciated citis its the same to get equip.

>>Neutrals will fight for there own day in pande and PF42 and disturbed the normal raids if they have to. Towerfighter will raze the towers when your are sleeping due to the difference in time-zones (that is, if there are enough people transfering and not quitting)

k, here i find the answer to my first question - you realy never have logged in in another dim :-p on german primetime you will find more ppl online on rk1 than DNW had over last year :-p

>>And the guys who want the transfer will find, that there are not so much more people online during there play-time due to the different time zones. The faction raids will be during times the average German can not participate and so on and so on.

uff, you doubled answered my first question now :-p yesterday for example, german primetime you had chance of 1 full pande, 5 x aipf, 2 ini pande between 8pm and 12pm. i cant join all raids offered a evening at YOUR primetime (oh, had you ever a primetime?).

>>This might very well be the beginnung of the end. For all worlds.

yes, every day is beginning of the end. even for the universe!

If the german server isn't populated enough atm, then transfer is the only viable option.

The alternative option would be to try and jumpstart the population on the german server by advertising the hell out of the game in germany or whatever. I don't think its realistic for FC to spend money on that now and I don't even think it's reasonable to expect this to produce any viable long term results anyway.

Atlantean and Rimor are underpopulated as well. So spending time and effort trying to keep a third server from implosion is not really a great strategy.

I'm sure there are many players on RK3 that are hoping that things can get better on their server so that they don't have to transfer. I'm sure there are many that think the server would die off completely if many players transfered away from the server. However, what is the option? Staying on the server and letting things progress downhill like it currently is? That's not going to work and it isn't working now (or so I assume or else this topic wouldn't be so important to players on RK3). Trying to jumpstart the population so that it becomes a viable place to play isn't very realistic at this point.

So as far as I can see, players on RK3 can either transfer to one of the 2 main servers or they can quit AO with the mindset that AO died and that it's simply.. over. I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, it's quite simply the only two realistic options I see atm.

If anyone have any realistic and reasonable ideas on how to fix the RK3 problem without character-transfers, then please speak up. Until then however, character transfer is an option that RK3 players can take advantage of if the current state of the server isn't good enough.

Anyone have any ideas? If not, then character transfer is a positive option to have. I mean, it has to be a positive thing if the alternative is to be lonely and bored until its time to quit playing. At least you have an option.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Nov 28th, 2009 at 01:07:12.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    You can calculate an estimate. For example if the probes file says the lowest percentage is 0,1 for a playfield and we know that this 0,1 is at least one player than this means that you have at least 1000 accounts logged in:
    at least 1 Account = 0,1% then 100% = at least 1000 accounts.
    ****!!!! one time i was sitting in rome on DNW and probes said 0% for rome ... ****!!! so i m not atleast one player ...

you should calculate upcoming stock prices --- so we both can invest and become rich!!!

Seriously, all three servers could be merged into one and it still wouldn't be too crowded - then of course there would be problems for FC to solve with non-instanced cities and towerfields and such. And maybe competition over items.. Which could be solved with lifting droprates. Ta-dah!

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelfamilie View Post
    ****!!!! one time i was sitting in rome on DNW and probes said 0% for rome ... ****!!! so i m not atleast one player ...

you should calculate upcoming stock prices --- so we both can invest and become rich!!!
    I knew you would say something like that, but guess what? the probes result is cached data not real time data! You would have to wait a bit in a playfield where you know you will be the only one.

Btw, the smallest number can't be fewer than 1 account ... if it display 0 then the data is obviously wrong.

PS
    The stock market always goes up!
    Last edited by SoldiTwo; Nov 28th, 2009 at 01:14:52. Reason: typos

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast