Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 27th, 2009 - Uphill in 6 feet of snow

I guess he didnt belong to most DNW players

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Nice to finally see some action on the rk3 matter. Even though I don't really like the direction of it. I guess it is better than having the server die out.
    Unfortunatly that's exactly what will happen with everyone transfering out, the german server will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballux View Post
    Wasn't there a survey, and most DNW players wanted transfer?
    If I recall correctly the majority did in fact not want a Server transfer, sucks to be them I guess since their servers now certainly going to die.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Wasn't there a survey, and most DNW players wanted transfer?
    There was a survey and more than 2/3 of the players don't wanted a transfer but some folk that pissed of most of the com on DNW didn't stop whining in this forum and spam all posts in the german forum so that new players are deterred when they looked in it.
    127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

*** Defence of Liberty ***
    welcome to the neutrals

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Unfortunatly that's exactly what will happen with everyone transfering out, the german server will die.

If I recall correctly the majority did in fact not want a Server transfer, sucks to be them I guess since their servers now certainly going to die.
    Yea, it must suck to really want something to be done about server population, but then actually not want anything done anyway.
    I think the option should be proposed to them and then we will see what happens. I'm guessing they will all come running anyway.
    The other option is to wait for RK3 to go down and be forced to move over anyway, so its all a matter of time.

Thank you Means, it's the right decision. Finally we can play ao as a real mmo again.

Quote Originally Posted by stormranger View Post
    dose this mean the german server is going too be shutdown? if so when so i could cancel my account early enough. it's a pity that you listen too all the whiners that nobody likes on DNW.
    {edited by Anarrina: removed unnecessary comment}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 27th, 2009 at 19:40:00.

Why isn't the FWM posted on the website anymore ?

There was a survey and more than 2/3 of the players don't wanted a transfer but some folk that pissed of most of the com on DNW didn't stop whining in this forum and spam all posts in the german forum so that new players are deterred when they looked in it.
    I guess if the majority of players really didn't want to transfer, then there isn't anything to see here is there?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

So Means, what will happen to the names?

Im sure someone on DNW have the same name as someone on rk1, rk2.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Something I'd like to know, which may or may not have been answered before:

Will the daily missions be available to froobs, or just full paid players?

Also, my first post!

What happens to balance now that everyone seem buisy with everything else? Do you think keepers stick around until 2010 when we feel like we are running around with a huge IGNORE above our heads? Guess 5 keepers is not a huge loss but we sure did our best to give feedback at balance forum, just don`t forget it! Thank you everyone for a great time Loved the game and everyone I played with, wish you all the best

Guess its just a mather of time.

{Yarkona: Account status is not a subject for the board}

Noone can has my stuff:P
    Last edited by Yarkona; Nov 27th, 2009 at 20:22:43.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by haavarst
    What happens to balance now that everyone seem buisy with everything else? Do you think keepers stick around until 2010 when we feel like we are running around with a huge IGNORE above our heads? Guess 5 keepers is not a huge loss but we sure did our best to give feedback at balance forum, just don`t forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The rest of the team has been hard at work on the Daily Missions, working through the profession nanos (there are a LOT of them), Breed Change and associated difficulties, this year's Christmas goodies and of course...the new engine.
    Sounds like their still working on it to me

first pagers are just sad January sales 'oholics
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

The German Server:

It is safe to say that the time I asked for to implement programs to help boost the population on the German server has finished. While I still have hopes for the sponsor system that will be coming to the live servers soon, it is unfair to ask for more time at this point as the German community has been more than patient and unfortunately seen very little action on this issue. Discussion began this week on the practical/technical issues of offering server transfer to players on the German dimension. As the process becomes clear information will be made available to the German community as soon as possible. Population has been a concern on the German dimension for years now and is far from being a recent discussion...as much as I wanted to maintain a German only population the game experience for our German customers should not be held hostage while we wait for new programs to be implemented in hopes of future success. I appreciate the patience and cooperation shown by the German community in the last few months and look forward to a smooth transition for those players to a more populated server where you will no doubt be welcomed with open arms.

Have a great weekend everyone, we will see you next week.
    "unknown fc employee:
    Hey Means, the majority of RK3 wants to stay on their server, what do we do about it?

Means:
    Let's just sit it out, we all know the server will soon die! Let them wait and they will be happy to have their unwanted tranfers! "

Is this how Funcom decided to take care of the "RK3-Problem"?

The population was not so good back than and has gotten worse because many RK3 players already started new chars on one of the other dimensions, but I guess it's like always inside funcom when it comes to AO, just milk the rest of the population and don't really invest into it.

Btw, is the probes.funcom.com including froob players?

My bad, sorry!

In any case, repopulating DNW would be great, but honestly that hasn't looked feasible in a long time (from the outside).

Hope most of you guys come join us despite the hard feelings (which are understandable), the other dimensions aren't so bad. There seem to be loads of ailing orgs a bunch of DNW player could make their own. (see how I side stepped the obvious "invasion" pitfall there?)

Anyway, hope you make the best of it.

Come RK2 people from RK3!!
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

I'm trying to not sound like a whine for info, but...

Fixer fixes were intended to be 'first' of sorts, or at least were announced well before/as a beginning to the all out profession balancing. Are those fixes almost done or are they being pushed back to be released around the same time as everyone else?
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

My bad, sorry!

In any case, repopulating DNW would be great, but honestly that hasn't looked feasible in a long time (from the outside).

Hope most of you guys come join us despite the hard feelings (which are understandable), the other dimensions aren't so bad. There seem to be loads of ailing orgs a bunch of DNW player could make their own. (see how I side stepped the obvious "invasion" pitfall there?)

Anyway, hope you make the best of it.
    Thanks for that.
    I don´t wanna offend anybody, just wanna say my opinion in a straight way.
    I started AO at RK1, and allways I said I´m a German, things started to get rough. "Nazi" "fu... Kraut" is the most polite thing I wanna quote here.
    And I´m tired off that game. On RK3 I find a community, without that prejudice.
    RK3 is a difficult community but we hat some player from Canada etc. So I think we are not that bad as RK1/2 think.
    Its hard to see DNW is dieing, but I cant change it. But I won´t play on the other 2 Servers, because I know what I have to expect. I expect, and my experience says the same, are prejudice, hate, flames, harresment. That´s nothing I want and wont spend my free-time and money.
    So I´m sorry and my profound apologies for my english.
    battlegnom

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    The population was not so good back than and has gotten worse because many RK3 players already started new chars on one of the other dimensions, but I guess it's like always inside funcom when it comes to AO, just milk the rest of the population and don't really invest into it.
    What exactly do you propose the do instead of the transfer? RK1 and 2 dont have that much greater of a population, the game is OLD. I don't care what they add to it Anarchy Online Is OLD. Long time players get bored, new time players dont like the complexity of the game. MOST of us have invested YEARS into this game and simply wont quit because we have invested YEARS into it.

Even with the new balance work, and new engine there is no 100% guarantee that AO will survive another 3 years. Attempting to convince people whom job it is to make sure that Funcom is there in 3 years to give AO a butt load of money to attempt to steal players from other games just is impossible.

If the current playerbase is yelling "The game is death death!" what do you think the guys that pay for AO are doing? I am truly surprised and impressed by Means ability to get funding for expansion and development for AO.

Now lets look at RK3 vs RK1 and RK2; RK3 Is primarily for German speaking players. Rk3 is primarily supported by a 3d party company. RK1 and RK2 are for everyone, the population pool on these servers is from all around the world. RK1 and RK2 are the primary servers for AO hosted by Funcom. RK1 and RK2 are the default servers, they change back and forth, but RK3 has NEVER been the default server.

So, what exactly do you expect Funcom to do to make more German players play Anarchy Online instead of what ever other game they are playing. It seems to me that the German speaking population has spoken by basic numbers as to if they want to play Anarchy Online or not.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by battlegnom View Post
    Thanks for that.
    I don´t wanna offend anybody, just wanna say my opinion in a straight way.
    I started AO at RK1, and allways I said I´m a German, things started to get rough. "Nazi" "fu... Kraut" is the most polite thing I wanna quote here.
    And I´m tired off that game. On RK3 I find a community, without that prejudice.
    RK3 is a difficult community but we hat some player from Canada etc. So I think we are not that bad as RK1/2 think.
    Its hard to see DNW is dieing, but I cant change it. But I won´t play on the other 2 Servers, because I know what I have to expect. I expect, and my experience says the same, are prejudice, hate, flames, harresment. That´s nothing I want and wont spend my free-time and money.
    So I´m sorry and my profound apologies for my english.
    battlegnom
    Both in my past and in my current org we've had and have german players.
    I have never even once heard of such incidents... and should they ever happen, I would hope those uttering such garbage would be banned following a prompt "/petition harassment".
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Imo just pick ur friends and ppl u team with a bit carefully, i rarely get any flames and im not american or english either. Actually the borderline of my country hits urs.

I however been always carefull with whom i team with which doesnt mean i team with only few ppl. But it does mean theres a few fellas out there that dont know how to behave, sometimes due to cultural differences sometimes because they are just anoying. But u can always use the ignore button and just go on. Its not like that sorta stuff never happens in real life.

So far ive not seen many ppl react in an inpolight manner towards the germans that did make the transfer, except for one post, which i think got solved after a bit of flaming. Just make sure no accidents happen around ya and no1 will have a reason to judge u.

Also its easy to say that others are being inpolight but mostly there is a reason for ppl to be inpolight, be it for ninjalooting or be it for accidentally saying something in english that u dont mean to say. Ive seen all of it happen but in order to be accepted u have to want to be accepted.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast