Thread: Sync, Melee, Shades, and Unfulfilled Promises

Sync, Melee, Shades, and Unfulfilled Promises

The first question I'd like FC to hear is: Is abusing sync exploitation or should it be henceforth viewed as part of ranged users toolsets?

Some months ago sync being fixed was promised. It's still just as broken as ever. The 'lag' in AO known as sync is, in my experience, the worst lag in any game on the market. This affects primarily all melee users who must be 'in range' and affects Shades quite severely due to being easily rooted and thereby prevented from even attempting to be in range to attack, and by attack I mean contribute in any fashion.

Is abusing sync in fact exploitation? It's been considered such in the past in other games. This was done so by exploiting the way in which games were networked to cause sync issues. Players would be banned for doing this. AO has this same sync issue but it's on the devs to fix it. It was promised that it would be addressed a long time ago. It was better for a small time, now it's as bad as ever.

There are some players in the Shade community who have mentioned my name in nominations for the professionals program. I personally do not see the value of such a program when this dev team has yet to even make good on their own promises which affect not only Shades but all melee classes.

I believe any balancing done will be pointless unless it addresses the imbalances and frankly, the absolute retardation which occurs when sync is abused.
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

The range on our perks are being extended, always a plus.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I haven't really seen too much of a sync issue lately. Maybe because I am always jumping in battlestation to correct it and always use /follow. Means stated life will become easier for melee professions in the future. Let's just hope that's the case.

Its never a "sync" issue as much as it is just a latency issue mixed with massive runspeed.

As an enforcer, I feel your pain
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Yea massive runspeed is the factor, there is simply no way to keep up when average ping can go from 90-160ms both ways.

With runspeed nerf i expect it to be easier to get "in range" more often, people will still and always kite, its part of some professions tool set so it will always be there. Just as camping is a valid yet despited tactic for FPSs.