Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opifex passive genome defenses

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    According to your calculator it's only 38, not 138. Such difference is almost pointless and does not make opifex preferred evaders breed.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Let me guess, you're part of the group that still insists that AAD is just evades + AAD = def, right? If not how about explaining it. Then GAIV fixers can be hit and perked, just don't expect to do it that well, especially while their def perks are up and perhaps not without help. A big part of their whole function is to avoid being hit either due to evades or roots and snares. So if they were readily hit one way or the other we may as well write the whole prof off.
    The simple fact that you even brought GAIV into this discussion shows us that you are way off.

AAD/Evades being 1/1 is a lot more closer to truth than the 10% figure. why? 1.6K evades + 1.1K AAD and 2.65K AR cant perk me but 2.75K can. so sounds pretty darn close to 1/1 ratio. Dont ya think? aggdef slider is the variable that changes that ratio. att full def, its roughly 1/1.

Dont expect to perk well? wut? You either perk, or you dont. And you will Not perk GAIV fixer at the lvls it is most likely to be used.

The rest/most of that post makes no sense. very incoherent. Now go back on topic. this is about breed not prof.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    I'll switch breeds if I have to, but I'd much rather see opifex stay competitive as a logical choice for evade based classes.
    And it is. remember that they nerfed Wit from trox line. And regular hits? I suppose someone at FC was thinking: They added a blocker perk. Low HP evaders will benefit from that greatly. Albeit not Engi style goodness, but as you said "regular hits hurt".

But if you add more def to this, we gonna see non evaders hit def figures of 3.1-3.2K and up. Id say thats not good.

Tho im most likely gonna change my adventurer to opi anyways, so yes please, wtb 3.9K constant def.
    Last edited by Soosis; Nov 26th, 2009 at 09:57:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    You dont seem to know at all how AAD works. And at lvls when fixer might use GAIV, they wont get perked, Ever, with perks that check AR vs. Evades.

Too much "wrong" in the long post, so Ill just snip it and ccl.

OP:

If you icrease the AAD to say...constant 200, that would give certain profs too much static def.
    Well what does it matter if you won't get perked ever by AR vs evade perks, when you will get perked to pulp by NR checking perks?

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty50 View Post
    Well what does it matter if you won't get perked ever by AR vs evade perks, when you will get perked to pulp by NR checking perks?
    What does NR matter when the topic was AAD and evades? O_o

stop trolling please or make a topic about NR and/or perks that check that..
    Last edited by Soosis; Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:22:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Amickson View Post
    According to your calculator it's only 38, not 138. Such difference is almost pointless and does not make opifex preferred evaders breed.
    It's 38 right now. It will be 138 after the 100 AAD buff from beta line is added.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    What does NR matter when the topic was AAD and evades? O_o

stop trolling please or make a topic about NR and/or perks that check that..
    It matters when AAD is not added to NR checking perks with proposed changes. AAD is not what it was, this is perfectly on topic with " opifex passive genome defenses".

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty50 View Post
    It matters when AAD is not added to NR checking perks with proposed changes. AAD is not what it was, this is perfectly on topic with " opifex passive genome defenses".
    But had nothing to do with the quote you made. thats why I specified the AR/Def thing, so people would Not start bitching abour NR perks. :P

But is NR the thing that would make opi breed perks better? 100NR&100AAD mebbeh? That actually sounds...Good. NR isnt the most reliable def, but more is always more. Hard to say what a good increase would be. 1500? :P

I suppose for Fixers that now will get perked by NR checking perks..Oh yeah, Arent you a fixer Fifty? Ah, now I understand the need for you to move the topic onto that NR nerf. ;P
    Last edited by Soosis; Nov 26th, 2009 at 12:44:07.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    A quick calculation will shed some light:

100AAD*3600s=360 000 effective evade seconds
    500 AAO*10s = 5000 effective AR seconds.
    Do you seriously think troxes would rather have 100 aao static instead of 1500 aao on MR? "AR/evade seconds" is clearly a metric which has little relation to the actual utility of the perk.
    President of ShadowMercs

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiaan View Post
    Do you seriously think troxes would rather have 100 aao static instead of 1500 aao on MR? "AR/evade seconds" is clearly a metric which has little relation to the actual utility of the perk.
    exactly
    comparing the duration on those two perks ( 100aad vs 1,5k aao ) lacks any common sense whatsoever,,, while even pasive +100aad is at best a very nice tune up, +1,5k aao ( even for 10sec only ) can and is gamebreaking, allowing setups and ways to do dmg that wouldnt be even close to possible w.o

but if any trox is willing to trade that 10sec temp +1,5k aao for a pasive +100aao, be my guest, if that would happen id make my joy dance rigth away,,,
    and no you cant see how my joy dance looks like unless you make it so MR after ballance will be a pasive +100aao;p
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

A joy dance you say... Means, you know what to do!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

The reason I raise this concern, is because Means announced too early that there will be breed changes.

Now, who really cares if the breed perks are balanced? You'll simply be able to choose the (in most cases, obvious) best breed, and be happy with it.

I'll switch breeds if I have to, but I'd much rather see opifex stay competitive as a logical choice for evade based classes.
    I care. I'd rather breeds were viable for all, with bonuses that are nice, instead of being absolute defining characteristics when it comes to genome perks.

Even though I'll get a free shot at Nanomage with my NT, I'm still pissed about the Nanomage genome perks as far as NTs go.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I dont think an extra 100 AAD is enough to warrant staying opifex. I will most likely change to atrox for MR to make up for agent's low AR in defensive setups, or go for an Offense equip and switch to nanomage for the nanomage defenses should these changes hold out.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

A joy dance you say... Means, you know what to do!
    yeah, i got two versions of them, the second reserved for when you become crat prof ( i voted for ya! ) and will get changes in that will make tl5 crats the new lubchilds of this lvl range
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Omni-Tek

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    yeah, i got two versions of them, the second reserved for when you become crat prof ( i voted for ya! ) and will get changes in that will make tl5 crats the new lubchilds of this lvl range
    No wait !!! it's the only prof I have a 100% chance to kill on my froobs :/
    Frub luv plz!

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    No wait !!! it's the only prof I have a 100% chance to kill on my froobs :/
    Frub luv plz!
    you must have meet just ****ty crats at tl5 so far;p

Omni-Tek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12