Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protector Role

Protector Role

I advocate keeper getting a "peace" nano or perk.

Peace description:

Your opponents lose focus.

AOE 10m

What the effect of this is, is that the opposing force (mob/person/persons) essentially stop fighting (q), and their current target is dropped.

Why: Keepers are "protectors" So, lets say your doc is called, his HP is bouncing, you pop your "peace" perk, and the opposing side loses focus, their target is dropped, and your doc is saved. Hatelist is wiped.

Uber useful in PVP, less useful in PVM, but with strong support from enforcer, or other DD, could be a life saver.

IN PVP, however is when this would really shine, and actually give keepers a roll that extends beyond healing/support. It would actually make us protectors. UBER.

Interesting idea, but IMO, it's more in line with MP's tool set, with its "calm and fury unleashed" shizzle.

It's also way OP'd, if you ask me. It should, at best, be castable only once in 10 minutes, if it's planned to land with 100% success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9002 View Post
    Interesting idea, but IMO, it's more in line with MP's tool set, with its "calm and fury unleashed" shizzle.

It's also way OP'd, if you ask me. It should, at best, be castable only once in 10 minutes, if it's planned to land with 100% success rate.
    Wat? Nowai. Clearly a Crat tool.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Obviously fits the adventurer "one with nature" theme best, turning all your opponents into trehugging hippies!

I'd say NTs because they already have that Forget Me! nano.

Idea is nice tho but not fitting into the keeper theme imho.
    blah

it clearly should be a doc nano; prescribed alzheimers?
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

theres obviously interest.

but, think about it terms of how a keeper is supposed to be a "protector"

It's very fitting with the image.

bump, this is an uber idea.

who thought this up is a genius among mere mortals!

Should be added to all step 3 shadowbreeds.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

hmm interesting suggestion, although, since Omni SB is so OP'd already, maybe just on clan.

More fitting would be nano or perk that takes damage instead of person you use it on for 5-10secs or something, like stepping infront of berserking nuthead whose swinging his knife and taking the hits instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahina
    Just realized Trader was the anagram of Retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matammyr
    Judging by your sig, you're Finnish, and I just want to say that if I could be anything else in the world than what I am, I'd be Finnish.

Engineers should get a offensive aura that unequips other peoples weapons.

Just give TL5 Keepers Sneak Attack 2he Ninja Katana. Should stop this nonsense.

Also, it sounds just like Bureaucrat's AOE fear, without the out of control running around part. I think keeper's are more protectors in sense that they for example have AOE anti-fear aura to prevent that happening to those around the keeper. Now thats fullfilling Protector Role.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalfox View Post
    More fitting would be nano or perk that takes damage instead of person you use it on for 5-10secs or something, like stepping infront of berserking nuthead whose swinging his knife and taking the hits instead.
    ya i had it more in mind like this, the keeper is a protector, like a bodyguard heh, that dives in front of the bullet

bump for giving keepers some useful unique tools
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

more UNIQUE tools might not be to good of a idea... look at all the good its done for shades...
    keepers are wierd in that enfos are protectors, keepers are more "helpers" with there auras adding a diverse advantage to any given team. (bad tank, use ward, people having nano issues, nano aura, pvp team, snare/root aura...)

{edited by Anarrina}

There would need to be some way of preventing use of heal kits when attack stops if this idea was implemented.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 10th, 2009 at 23:17:30.
    Souljah29, 220/70 Soldier- President of Hunters RK1
    Funkyka 220/70 MA, General
    Proud former Asgard/Mindvision

Quote Originally Posted by slooooo View Post
    Please read the rooted thread at the top of this forum.

There would need to be some way of preventing use of heal kits when attack stops if this idea was implemented.
    If youre not in a fight, the other person can EITHER press q and leave fight, or keep fighting you.

the way i was thinking of it, it would work the same way a boss warp works, he warps you, you stop fighting, then you have to retarget and then start fighting again. It's a novel idea, and, if there were a couple of keepers who crouded your sides docs, it would be interesting since if the doc looked like he was undr fire, he could pop his peace, and the opposing side would de-target.

The AOE of it would be tricky too, since, people out of range wouldn't be affected, so, it would only really stop melee people from being engaged. ranged would still be attacking.

It's just an idea to add to the toolset. It's obviously unique, but it would add an interesting element to crowded gameplay. Keepers would become extremely useful at tara, but, only marginally so at tower wars. But, it would really make "blob!" "blob!" be that much more useful.

Adding it to SB's is definitly worth considering.

This is obviously an agent tool.

It could be used to allow us to re-sneak, we have escape nanos, detaunt nanos, etc. This would all help us make better use of an agent's tool set.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    This is obviously an agent tool.

It could be used to allow us to re-sneak, we have escape nanos, detaunt nanos, etc. This would all help us make better use of an agent's tool set.
    actually, it would HELP an agent, but does it fit with the toolset?

seems more like an awesome pairing between a keeper and an agent.

Keepers have no right to this.

Enforcer, Soldier, Keeper should simply get "Guard" where a certain percentage of damage is taken by the Enforcer/Soldier/Keeper instead of the person they are Guarding.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast