Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breed change

so what your saying is they have yet to win and yet they continue to fight? sounds like keepers and non trox shades...
    Last edited by lostlife; Nov 25th, 2009 at 05:40:13.

meh. i wont change my main - i like have the top NM MA on all servers - if i change it takes away from my uniqueness, however my atrox shade will prolly go opifex and not because i cant deal with the challenge - more because of the whole Sense, comp lit issue with atrox.

pretty much shows to me that FC cant win with anything with people on these forums. ppl been askin for breed changes. major changes come and they offer it, and u ppl scream omg no its gonna ruin everything.

if u dont like the breed change, dont change, for those that like the changes to some breeds and feel that it will help them with theirs then let them. wat do you care wat they do, focus on your toon not other peoples toons.

by the way, im thinkin of turning my trox shade to opi
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

while im not sure if i like the breed change idea in general im sure of one thing, if it will be possible at all, it should become something avaible permanently, like the cosmetic surgery terminals,, personally the thing i would hate most is to give up to temptation, change breed on a few years old toon just to realise i hate it, or at least a change back to the original breed option
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

The thing I dont quite get is..if you are allowed to change breed at will in the future, will this also come with a full IP reset.

Different breeds clearly use IP very differently, right?

The more I read others comments and information the more I'm inclined to say that allowing us to change breed whenever we like will be a good move.

Having the freedom to experiment with your profession, being able to IP skills with no fear of totally screwing up your character would be a brilliant step forward to allowing people to get the most fun out of their toons.

If it does come ingame it should be in the form of the current Perk reset guy, where it is free to use but has a long lock out.

if there is a ip reset it will most likly be because of the reitemization and nano changes (could use some idea of whats going on in those respects, even if its only "what fc wants profs to be" kind of thing).

There are several items locked by breed requirement, as far as some professions still experience more problems equipping Alpha symbiants using atrox or nanomage, than opi and soli versions.

So, of course, it should require both, full IPR to be done, as far as no items equipped while performing breed change, and no perks installed.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

what im saying is that if a fipr is offered, it should be after nanos and reitemization is done, not after breed change (of course, i believe that fc will offer breed change after all those changes, not just the perks, but in case it isnt...)

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    There are several items locked by breed requirement, as far as some professions still experience more problems equipping Alpha symbiants using atrox or nanomage, than opi and soli versions.

So, of course, it should require both, full IPR to be done, as far as no items equipped while performing breed change, and no perks installed.
    And some breed/prof versions can not do it at all. Pre LoX an atrox soldier was a compromise between health and top symbs.. now that health advantage has largely been removed by the addition of even better symbs in the form of the alpha's. Having never used MR on my trox soldier (heresy I'v been told) the breed perk changes are less a factor in the decision to change breeds than the changes in equipment that have come about since LE let alone LoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post

So you guys think that breed change will be introduced alongside a full ipr reset? We only get a finite number of full IPR resets at the moment, and they usually come with major changes to game mechanics.

If allowing us to change breed becomes a common thing you also think full IPR's will come with that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    So you guys think that breed change will be introduced alongside a full ipr reset? We only get a finite number of full IPR resets at the moment, and they usually come with major changes to game mechanics.

If allowing us to change breed becomes a common thing you also think full IPR's will come with that too?
    You can't change breed without doing a full IPR first anyway.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You can't change breed without doing a full IPR first anyway.
    You say that like we can change breed atm.

Full IPR's are rare no? This change would make them readily available as and when you wish to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    You say that like we can change breed atm.

Full IPR's are rare no? This change would make them readily available as and when you wish to use them.
    How would it do that?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The idea being floated around is that at some point in the future you will be able to change between the breeds much more freely, not as just a one time only thing.

If your saying that to do a breed change you need to fully reset IP first then it would follow that in the future full IPR's will be common place along side the ability to change back and forth across breeds.

im against breed changes being commonplace, but not giving the option to change when such substantial changes are being made that are breed specific, would mean eaither: deal with it, or reroll. which is why breed change should be offered ONCE, when changes like these are made. im not saying every change to breed that happens, im saying every change of this caliber.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123