Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 20th, 2009 - Nanomage says "Wut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    With all due respect Means, there's something I don't get here.
    If one breed specific genome brings overwhelmingly good improvements to parts of a particular profession toolset or abilities, what makes you think it will be an incentive to "try out alternate setups to try and push the boundaries of what is possible"? Why would anyone choose to roll a breed/prof combo that obviously won't reach the cookie cutter efficiency by far? And do you seriously think giving everyone the choice of breed change in the light of new genomes won't produce more clones than weirdos?

Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration building a toon around a feature of its breed and seeing it go down the drain brings. And I don't think the breed perks should be "irrelevant". But imo, you need to find a balance (yea, that word again) in the genomes so that the upcoming breed change choice doesn't go in the direct opposite direction than the one you seem to be aiming at.

Specifically, I think the Primary Atrox and Nanomage genomes are way out of line compared to the rest of the genomes. Or maybe it's the other genomes which are atm subpar compared to those two. My concern is not to convince you that genomes need to be nerfed to the great grand aunt in law department, neither that breed change must not happen, it is that in the current state the perspective is one of upcoming Clone Wars throwing 2 armies of NM NTs/Crats/MPs and Atrox Shades against each other.
    I agree fully. I'd rather have a reason to stay Solitus with my NT, than weigh it all up and feel stupid NOT to take the free switch to Nanomage.

Right now, looking at the perk documents, there's no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    HugeNick:

You and I are going to fall out, shortly, if you do not reign in your attitude. Your history on these forums is long enough I can and will send you on a holiday if you do not start showing respect to other users. This is not a request. Wise up. Now. Having an opinion is not a right to have an attitude.
    As an ex Forum Moderator myself, was it necessary to give a big epeen flexing smackdown in public, when a PM would have sufficed?
    Last edited by Hacre; Nov 21st, 2009 at 03:48:07.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Holy crap. Really tempted to switch my fixer to Opifex once this rolls in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    I rerolled last year about this time, actually, for reasons that were due to some perk changes back then. Now they're rewriting the game from the ground up by the time I get to 220, and finally allowing a breed change when I'm like 3/4 of the way back to where I started from.
    While I did make that post with quote from you it was meant more as a general comment. We can be sure there are those that are rerolling based on what little info they're given us thus far. Just some have rerolled or made significant changes due to what changes have been made towards the current rebalancing so far. My main point was that rerolling based on the meager info we have available to use now is premature.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    nah, he was doing it while complaining about why seph wasnt joining him and others in a game of... whatever they were playing that day.
    Yeah seph sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    HugeNick:

You and I are going to fall out, shortly, if you do not reign in your attitude. Your history on these forums is long enough I can and will send you on a holiday if you do not start showing respect to other users. This is not a request. Wise up. Now. Having an opinion is not a right to have an attitude.
    Vena Dont flame people public please! You make me cry! :'(
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Holy crap.

My trox crat loves you in a slightly gay way right now, means.
    22018 atrox adventurer - lovechild
    22016 atrox bureaucrat - wtb another full ipr
    22016 atrox keeper - retired
    22016 opifex shade - retarded
    21913 solitus mp - retired/buffing bitch
    21510 opifex agent - just hiding
    21417 solitus adventurer - retired
    21111 atrox enforcer - retired
    20911 nanomage nt - retired-ish
    20712 atrox agent - retired, nerf MR
    20310 opifex shade - stabber redux

Great job Means!

Your giving hope to AO! Keep up the awesome job and ignore the crotchety vocal minority that troll the forums. They don't certainly speak for me and others like me who want this game fixed and taken into a new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post

(Please someone click the little box in front of "activate account" on my Zirkonium forum account. I can't find anyone who can. I tried support@, account@, forum mods, god himself, ...)
    I had the same problem reactivating my account, but using google chrome solved it.

Quote Originally Posted by K0rrupt0r View Post
    Great job Means!

Your giving hope to AO! Keep up the awesome job and ignore the crotchety vocal minority that troll the forums. They don't certainly speak for me and others like me who want this game fixed and taken into a new direction.
    Means does a good job. Kissing his ass isn't going to help him do a better job.

There's a chasm of difference between trolling/whining and providing constructive feedback/criticism, however heated it may sometimes get.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Loving the "not afraid to make some changes" attitude, i fully support this breed change.

Yes as some people mention it could be a bit dangerous, "army of NT/NM clones vs Atroxsahdes.inc" could be an issue but that's why Means said genome perks still need some ironing.

Names? well that' gonna be an issue IMO, profession change? not necessary IMO.

Btw you said for this week we could have some screens shots :P

<3 the breed change just made my day.

Like i once said, some old players are so afraid to change that they are willing to sink the ship before having it tailored to some others measurements.

"bleh As i said for Perk resets quit dumbing down and making the game to easy....
    Good for the changes but everyone should work for them. Reroll, dont b*tch just because your all 220 and probably ai 30 and dont feel like re lvling.
    Against dumbing the game down more and more... and everyone being cookie cutter
    the more Diverse the funner " --RemodCrat

I hope that was sarcasm, if not you have one dam sick and twisted mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirura View Post
    Holy crap. Really tempted to switch my fixer to Opifex once this rolls in.
    o.O are you crazy? There's absolutely no reason to do so.

And since evades wont matter at all anymore i want a prof change too please.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Unfortunately having 8+ year old characters means I'm unlikely to change breed, it just wouldn't be "right"

I suppose the option is cool to have, though. My NM soldier could be swapped around as the need applies (maybe to trox so it becomes unique, lolz), and I know my brother's opi soldier would probably swap to something else given the offensive nerfs to blinded with delights.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfl3x View Post
    Breed change is agood idea , but it should be for unlimited time . and only can be used once , or maybe once per year
    I don't think they intend to make "breed-reset" a permanent option. It should be a one time option and only for toons above lvl 100.
    It would make no sense if people could do this once a year, the main idea is to remove any disadvantages of the perk changes contra current breed/prof types.

Quote Originally Posted by Iiiiriicheee View Post
    Yeah seph sucks!

Vena Dont flame people public please! You make me cry! :'(
    It's a good way to let people know that being a persistent jerk wont go unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Means does a good job. Kissing his ass isn't going to help him do a better job.

There's a chasm of difference between trolling/whining and providing constructive feedback/criticism, however heated it may sometimes get.
    Since when has liking what the devs do become equal to kissing someone's ass?
    Last edited by majere; Nov 21st, 2009 at 09:24:43.

Quote Originally Posted by majere View Post
    Since when has liking what the devs do become equal to kissing someone's ass?
    It was the manner in which he posted. It was practically ZOMGZ you're so AWESOME ignore all the people complaining they're just TROLLS keep it up *slurp slurp*
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    When these changes are eventually ironed out and they go live EVERYONE will have the opportunity to change breed once (and the sex of your character if you like) for free.
    And the backup plan in your drawer for possible future use will be a free profession change for everyone if everything else fails?
    ಠ_ಠ

by the way are you gonna create atrox femal?
    because by the time AO been created can't imagine some bored scientist hasn't create atrox femal
    already.
    Awarded 1 pts:
    You have received a warning at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board
    Awarded 1pts:
    You have received an infraction at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board

I Like Turtles, Breed Change and Drama. This post almost haz it all!
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Are these really from the new engine? If so, why not announce it here as well?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by wobots View Post
    Are these really from the new engine? If so, why not announce it here as well?
    It was a bit quiet, but we did: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=564449 =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by khadafie View Post
    by the way are you gonna create atrox femal?
    because by the time AO been created can't imagine some bored scientist hasn't create atrox femal
    already.
    No, because the troxen we already have are not male to begin with, they are a genetically engineered genderless breed.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Would like to say thank you for listening Means, Devs.

Can't wait to get cracking on how to make the best of my toons.

No more beating myself up over ignorant choices I made as a new player, all those years ago..

<3 50

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast