Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 20th, 2009 - Nanomage says "Wut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Digitization View Post
    Why can't we check our mail from a portable device >_< , oh yea we don't have pda's in the future :P
    Wholy ****! UPS ships to your PDA?!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Breed perks and breeds in general are very easy to fix, that however requires droping the bandaid mentality which apparently never left the FC building.

Not to mention flushing months of work the entire balancing act down the toilet after people start switching to optimal breeds.

Didn't you get pwned by the game director a few pages ago?

Quick question

If female characters with quite feminine names or the other way around, change breed and/or sex, will a name-change be possible too?

I mean, um.. let's say..
    Ok.. let's use Wrangeline as an example. If I for example chose to go atrox, "wrangeline" would be a strange name for that character and it would scream that this is a character that used to be female.

Would also look a bit strange if the solitus female doctor "Susydoc" (random example) turned into a male nanomage or atrox.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Nov 20th, 2009 at 20:40:33.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

No, your name will just become delightfully ironic, like this Solitus male soldier.
    Last edited by cbus97; Nov 20th, 2009 at 20:44:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Wholy ****! UPS ships to your PDA?!
    When someone on Rubi-Ka dies, their very soul is transported instantaneously to a new cloned body. Surely it would be possible for Omni-Trans to deliver mail to someone anywhere on the planet by means of throwing it down from a satellite or something. At least for Omni players. Clans should be happy their backward caveholes even have mail at all.

Which also brings up the faction question if we're talking about breed and profession already. When will Omni players finally get advantages that go along with the background and story of AO? Just a quick reminder: Omni-Tek is the largest, richest, most powerful hypercorporation in the galaxy with billions and billions of employees. The clanners are a few thousand terrorists living on a desert planet in small, unorganised clans that have very opposing views and are considered as savage terrorists throughout the galaxy because Omni-Tek alone controls all off-world communication. So how come clanners have the very same access to everything as easily as Omnis?
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Prynxkjui View Post
    When someone on Rubi-Ka dies, their very soul is transported instantaneously to a new cloned body. Surely it would be possible for Omni-Trans to deliver mail to someone anywhere on the planet by means of throwing it down from a satellite or something. At least for Omni players. Clans should be happy their backward caveholes even have mail at all.
    Whaaaat?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    ....snip... Awsomeness ...snip...
    The King is Dead, Long Live the King.
    Amen to that...

I may not like it all, but so far I like most of what I've seen.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Ack, I've rerolled my main from soli to NM and now at 185 I finally read this and have only one thing to say...

WHY NOW and not YEARS AGO!!!!!

Sorry, the whole 'having to ding 220 2 times and such' is wearing a bit about now. It's good news tho.

I'm all against the breed change. It's just gonna turn into Atrox Online.
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Didn't you get pwned by the game director a few pages ago?
    "Get trolled" would be accurate description.

"Pwned" would require making a point first.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    NM females have bigger... nvm... figure it out yourself
    Nanopools???

Could we get an option to change our names when we change if we change our characters sex? F.E. "John" sounds good for a male (neuter?) atrox but if he is changed to opi female ...
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

sounds like a good idea indeed.

much to lazy to read through all the post's, so i'll ask anyway.

How will Nanodecks / shadowbreeds be handled?
    Brutalthug16 - Resident Testlive Noobie
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Quick question

If female characters with quite feminine names or the other way around, change breed and/or sex, will a name-change be possible too?

I mean, um.. let's say..
    Ok.. let's use Wrangeline as an example. If I for example chose to go atrox, "wrangeline" would be a strange name for that character and it would scream that this is a character that used to be female.

Would also look a bit strange if the solitus female doctor "Susydoc" (random example) turned into a male nanomage or atrox.
    No.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Documentation pertaining to nanos, items, research, or any other aspect of the rebalancing has not been released.
    So...

When? (pat. pending)

The breed changes better be spelled the $%&# out well before the breed change is optioned because that could cause serious problems if you breed change and then you make last minute changes to something.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Prynxkjui View Post
    The issue here would more or less be with the delivery of items. Every player would have a comm which Omni-Com could route text only messages to. However, the new mail system is more physical in nature, hence the terminals. If Omni-Trans wanted to delivery physical mail directly to the person it would be doable using a system similar to the Whom-Pahs. The problem is that while Omni-Trans would have a departure nodethe individual does not have a destination node to receive the mail. This is why the mail is routed to a Mail Terminal.

Which also brings up the faction question if we're talking about breed and profession already. When will Omni players finally get advantages that go along with the background and story of AO? Just a quick reminder: Omni-Tek is the largest, richest, most powerful hypercorporation in the galaxy with billions and billions of employees. The clanners are a few thousand terrorists living on a desert planet in small, unorganised clans that have very opposing views and are considered as savage terrorists throughout the galaxy because Omni-Tek alone controls all off-world communication. So how come clanners have the very same access to everything as easily as Omnis?
    We have Gunships and Sleeves, neener neener neener.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Ack, I've rerolled my main from soli to NM and now at 185 I finally read this and have only one thing to say...

WHY NOW and not YEARS AGO!!!!!

Sorry, the whole 'having to ding 220 2 times and such' is wearing a bit about now. It's good news tho.
    No one should be rerolling anything based on what we've seen thus far, especially due to proposed changes not even coming into the game until who knows when. First as has been said many times there is still plenty of things they haven't shown us like item, nano, research and such changes. Then what we have seen is always subject to change as they have repeatedly said. For all we know they may pull a big 180 degree turn on the detail that is inducing you to reroll before it even gets into the game making doing so a total waste of time. Even after it goes live we will most likely see some adjustments being made. So wait till it's done and the dust has settled some at least before starting some big reroll 220 project.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    "Get trolled" would be accurate description.

"Pwned" would require making a point first.
    Seems u jumped behind the tsjuu tsjuu then, since ive never seen u make an actually point.

lets give Means some credit. After all besides having to guide the dev team, he also has to cope with all the whining off all those people who do know it sooooo much better.

Further more he does seem to care, at least he is willing to take chances with the game unlike a lot of players who rather see their status quo maintained.

Anyway if u dont like whats happening we could of course always ask to get one of our previous GD's back. but as for me, i take my changes with Means any day.
    Maxtrim, treehugger and advy

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrim View Post
    Anyway if u dont like whats happening...
    Something happened?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast