Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 20th, 2009 - Nanomage says "Wut?"

For everyone who demands a name change to go with the breed/sex change

Think of how your friends will react when Catcrab changes one of his alts to have the same breed/sex/name as the alt you just changed from "hotwench" to "mangoforcer270"

omg you have no idea how happy this makes me, seriously.. i been whining in and out of game for long long time about a breed change..

since there will be changes in the system i intend to give each a careful consideration.. but i can tell you that unless something seriously cool happens with nanomage i will be dumping each and every one of mine.

biggest mistake i ever made was going with nanomage.

people told me it would never happen.. people told me it couldn't be done.

the prophecy has been fulfilled, hallelujah brothers and sisters, hallelujah!
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

I'm not feeling very comfortable with this change. People should live with the changes they make in the game, just like in real life. The breed perks and traits (like abilities, max nano cost %, health, max nano) should be reworked in such a way that they are an equally attractive choice regardless of what profession you choose. I foresee most nano users (and all NTs) switching to nanomages while soldiers/shades/keepers/advies will pick atrox.

If this will be implemented, then the chance to change name would be fair. Behold Gwenhwyfer the atrox keeper.
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    since there will be changes in the system i intend to give each a careful consideration.. but i can tell you that unless something seriously cool happens with nanomage i will be dumping each and every one of mine.
    If you ask me nano mage casters picked a 2 by 4 among the straws when the devs drew these perk powers ;P NM was peachy for almost any profession when the dreadloch fast cycle 5k Absorb shield was added, very powerful because it only cost a Hud slot and even provide mods at that, while the effect is comparable to perks you get spending 10 perk points. Now you get perk combined snare/init debuff and many imho too powerful nano damage boosts and 25% damage to nano shiled.. Zset MP will be back with a vengeance, and nm NT's will have enough nuke payload to wipe out a medium sized European city. At the same time healing, one of few things that worked against it is planned to be nerfed..

Anyone got Hans Blix' number, or know where I can buy a functioning rad suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    HugeNick:

You and I are going to fall out, shortly, if you do not reign in your attitude. Your history on these forums is long enough I can and will send you on a holiday if you do not start showing respect to other users. This is not a request. Wise up. Now. Having an opinion is not a right to have an attitude.
    Why is this adressed to me? You must have confused me with someone else, Venachar - my forum record is actually almost perfect - i don't have any active infractions, i have like 4 infractions that have expired years ago. The only infraction i had that was directed at my supposed "attiude" is from February 2008. Most of them are also from times when you weren't even in moderation team, so i don't really get the you-me thing either.

I consider myself an exemplary forum citizen, because there's no reason not to - thousands of posts i made on this board, and only 4 infrations ? Its the record of a saint. I will gladly change my attiude , but you have hold my hand and show me what exactly i'm doing wrong, first.

Yours Truly
    Nick

New promise of new feature, wonder when they will get time to implement them all, since promises of all new shiny things kicked finish line to next century
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Unfortunately having 8+ year old characters means I'm unlikely to change breed, it just wouldn't be "right"
    Lol, RPer!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    New promise of new feature, wonder when they will get time to implement them all, since promises of all new shiny things kicked finish line to next century
    So...you DIDN'T get a new in-game mail system just a couple days ago? You should petition about that.

Now that Macrosun isn't working on the mail system..guess what he is going to do?

Different people have different tasks
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    So...you DIDN'T get a new in-game mail system just a couple days ago? You should petition about that.

Now that Macrosun isn't working on the mail system..guess what he is going to do?

Different people have different tasks
    just out of curiosity, how long did it take him to make the mail system?

about two months..

though in the case of a 'breed change' being avaliable, I thought that it was one of those things that wont actually happen, until all the balance stuff is done, and I am sure that were are in no position to be expecting that in the short term yet.

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Hopefully some neat new mechanics to help with the balancing the rest of the Team is dealing with ^^
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

... Different people have different tasks ...
    concerning your fwm's concerning DNW and your special friend system which should bring population to DNW instead of offer transfer?

who is working on that?

status?

hey means, its long ago since you mentioned DNW and the status, you should tell them whats going on, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    I assumed breed change to be the last thing added, after the whole balancing act is complete. Imo there are still many issues that need some attention. Like how perks checking NR work, this change will put some evaders in perk range by many prof that could never do it before. Bear in mind many of the profs that will be landing these perks, already have very effective nano damage tools that did the job to begin with, regardless of AS.

Anyway, if it's one time deal, changing breed before all changes are final, is only risking a change of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty50 View Post
    I assumed breed change to be the last thing added, after the whole balancing act is complete. Imo there are still many issues that need some attention. Like how perks checking NR work, this change will put some evaders in perk range by many prof that could never do it before. Bear in mind many of the profs that will be landing these perks, already have very effective nano damage tools that did the job to begin with, regardless of AS.

Anyway, it's one time deal, changing breed before all changes are final, is only risking a change of heart.
    The other side to that coin, is there's perks (ones that took aao into account twice) that won't be landing on evaders.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    The other side to that coin, is there's perks (ones that took aao into account twice) that won't be landing on evaders.
    True Hacre that change was made as well, but it doesn't really compare.

I can not speak for every evade prof, but those perks didn't land most of the time, and if they did it was because of Challenger proc (random), mongo rage (time limited with a warning label) or your opponent had a crat close by (Zerg vs. solo).. or you forgot to click the right buttons (you own fault).

It's not a fair comparison, we are now talking multiple profs, landing multiple perks, all of the time.

A fix doesn't mean it has to go either, but rather that subjects that are weak to this might get some new ways to cope.

Edit: This is not the right thread to discuss the matter tho, I just used it as an obvious example of something that needs review. Trying to say, it's doesn't look like we are done and ready for breed change ASAP anyway.

He's gonna knock out the breed change code in a week.

Why? Because we've obviously entered an alternate universe, and the evil Means will offer one free breed/sex change for each character as soon as the feature is available, and then charge $50 a pop when the perk balancing is finalized.

Yeah, because mail system is what we've all been asking for years, isn't it? You mentioned Macrosun being involved in the GFX changes quite a few times, so does it mean he spent time on mailing system rather than the new engine? If so, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

dunno, seems they are making progress just fine.

Current Screenies show improvements in the shadowing system (rather than the disaster they had in the last shots).

Lighting seems to be working better and now we have water... not quite as snazzy water as StillAlive.. but hey its progress.

I am not going to push to hard since I called them out and they delivered proof. I would rather they make sure they get those normal/bumps fixed before going live. Those things like Full Quality Ground Radius again are more important ot me now. Make it effin huge.. also seeing AA working would be nice.

Getting the luminous textures working right would be good (notice the dimness of the formerly faked lighting of the Whompa Sign).

You know the details are where it counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    Yeah, because mail system is what we've all been asking for years, isn't it?
    it was.

one big suggestion down, another to go.

my bet is on macro getting back to work on his time traveling pants machine.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

When can we expect some info on keepers and our future?
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast