Thread: So why did FC make a Forum for Balance?

So why did FC make a Forum for Balance?

Just after trolling around and watching what FC has been doing for the past couple year's. I have not only seen, but witnessed numerous event's that have just proven my points that Funcom really doesn't care what we want or think about the game...
    Maybe some do and some don't, but it seems like the majority just /afk /ignore and /laugh at how the game is diving into the ground.

I've mostly seen this in gameplayer more than I have in the Forum parts, mostly because GM's or Funcom does not answer or be active with other peoples posts!

Now I am not whinning or throwing a hissy fit, and this will probably be deleted.

But why is it that when they allow us to pick or choose what we want to improve our game, they never listen?
    In this "Balance" forum, I have seen SO many threads with NOT 1 GM/Funcom post in any of them!

And of course, we all know their busy working and such on their game, support, and real life things. But why do they bother even ask our oppinions for what needs to be changed or balanced?
    Granted, some threads that people make just want FC to make an easy mode for their profession.
    But honeslty, I have been reading forums for good idea's that really stand out, and all I see is some of what's left of the community just posting a little about what they would either agree or disagree, and the rest of the topic is off topic.

GM/FC posts? Nah, you rarely see their posts to asking questions of why that would be a good idea, or how it would work, and go into a bigger depth of detail. Rather, you see these GM's posting comments that are 1 - 2 sentences long saying that "this will not happen, balance is taking place, it's not open for dicussion"..
    Seriously?
    Might as well take a trip to the little log out button in the upper right hand of the screen and go back to Xbox, because it really doesn't seem to matter.
    I am not going to point fingers, but isn't a constructive forum, where people share their thoughts, others add to it, and an idea is created? Well, if this is a constructive forum, then tell me how the least bit constructive OR productive.
    Many people type huge posts, go into detail, and try their hardest to help out funcom, and all they get is a few reply's on what would be better or how it is wrong. And eventually no Gm/Funcom person will ever post questions or anything to that, and at the end of the day, an hour or two was wasted as the author of that thread watches his post go to page 2... then 3... and then everyone forgets it.

Step it up guys, or just take this thread down, cause it seems to be just a waste of time.

If you are going to yell or argue with me, ask yourself this question.

So far, how many threads or posts been taken into consideration for any kind of well thought out idea? How many GM/Funcom posts have you seen that have actually been about the topic and or have gone into any detal of contructive critisizm.

My case in point, feel free to argue, and please leave this up Funcom, I am not bashing anyone, I just don't see any point if we post all of our thoughts or idea's, and not once does it get considered/questioned/or replied to by GM/funcome employee.

They can listen to posts and take on board arguments without posting you know? If you look back through a great many of the profession forum wishlists over time and in the suggestions forum, you'd see that a lot of the things that make it to live have their roots in the wishlists or in player suggestions. Reading what we post doesn't require them to post themselves....

As it is, you just need to look through a few of the Friday with Means threads and you'll come across ones where Means answers whole rafts of questions about changes.

I can understand why most devs don't want to post round here though. Getting dragged into long haranguing arguments with customers isn't going to help. Having every last letter, syllable and word of your posts dissected and analysed as though it were the word of God doesn't help either. Just one mistake in how you express yourself and things blow up all out of proportion....

There have been messy mistakes along these lines in the past.

Also, with the resurgence of the Professionals programme, FC Devs have a way of being more able to respond and discuss these things with player representatives with less chance of things going bad. That they've specifically chosen this tmie of major change to get back into the swing with the Professionals is a good sign, I think.

Personally I would LOVE to see some response on the several NUMEROUS improve keeper threads.

It doesn't help to be bringing up explosive posts either, since they just get taken down (3 points for that one)

But, all of our discussions seem for naught unless there is validation. I agree 100% bic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicsek View Post
    Rather, you see these GM's posting comments that are 1 - 2 sentences long saying that "this will not happen, balance is taking place, it's not open for dicussion"..
    Seriously?
    No, what you are seeing is ARK posts saying that. ARK forum moderators, who have a job description that forbids them from commenting on any gameplay related issues, but whose job it is to enforce the rules.

However, you also might find posts like this one from Kintaii stating the design team is reading the entire forum. If you need further information, please refer to the Friday with Means updates.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM