Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjusting Opifex "Adapt" Perk..

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9002 View Post
    Just to make it clear...

It's actually 25% damage to nano (kind of absorb mechanism), other one offers short time 50% boost to heal and to nano damage.
    If I've read it right and if the perks benefits stack, then using that perk with the first one you get (which lasts 4 hours) would give 35%
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    If I've read it right and if the perks benefits stack, then using that perk with the first one you get (which lasts 4 hours) would give 35%
    Correct, but even more importantly is this:

Static (4 hour, 1s recharge) absorbs for NM NT: Superior Nanobot Shelter + Pen = 35% | 6 capped hits to kill NT
    20s perk defense: SNS+Pen+NS = 60% | 9 capped hits to kill NT

Then.. (assuming perks wont die on casting NBG)

Emergency 25s defense: NBG+Pen = 90% | 34 capped hits to kill NT (or nanopool depletion)
    NS without root for 20s: NBG+Pen+NS = 115%

The big problem with this, is that if they changed NT reflects to work before the 30% cap, reflects would be absolutely worthless to NTs, with one AS potentially killing both their defense and their offense. Not entirely sure how much nanopool is possible for a 220 NT, but with these kinds of numbers a low HP setup (35-115% of 30% of your HP) high AAD and large nanopool... NTs could become extremely defensive. Even with all this though, it's not good to speculate. They are drastically changing nano delta with the new perks - which could make all this nano consumption hurt the NT more than help it. If I had no nanodelta I'd think twice before perking into nanobreed secondary... or possibly even using SNS
    Last edited by Mahdi007; Nov 22nd, 2009 at 02:27:39.

I can see them probably making notum shield not stack with the NT shields, but the 15% one possibly will, that would mean they'd get atleast 105% damage to nano but only in a situation where there nano will be going down really fast (more so since there taking more damage to nano then normal by 5%)

And I still stand by my suggestion of making it 3 blockers every 5 seconds for 10 seconds.

Scissored from another thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty50 View Post
    The blockers are not what they appear.. because they can be wasted by regular hits, and you get a 4s time window to unload your specials between each blocked regular hit. The way I see it the opifex actually needs luck, or fight someone ignorant for the perk to block anything significant.

I would like to see something like a 20s blocker perk that, blocks 1 regular AND 1 special AND 1 hostile nano each 4s, for 20s. This can also be worked around, but that would definitely require some skill and thought from the person doing it, not just unload after the 1st regular shot is blocked.

I don't understand why it should do absolutely nothing versus nano attacks. The other breeds have/get healing, or absorbs pluss damage to nano reflect, all of which works versus any type of damaging attack.

Opifex genome perks are not that great because:

The defensive perks are conditional, and can be worked around.

The offensive, is nothing compared to Atrox genome for weapon wielders, and nothing compared to nanomage genome for casters.

You people fail to see the bigger picture, so far there WILL be changes to double/triples. Stop complaining and wait for more documentation before coming out with such bold claims.

changes to double/triple doesnt help the fact that a single normal hit that would most likely be evaded would remove the entire defense of the adapt perk.

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    You people fail to see the bigger picture, so far there WILL be changes to double/triples. Stop complaining and wait for more documentation before coming out with such bold claims.
    Sigh.. Balance Discussion forum is alive and kicking. FC Wants us to discuss the changes they have proposed. As long as no detailed info have been give about double/triples, we have to assume they are staying as they are for the sake of this discussion.

According to your logic there would be little reason to post anything, and the whole forum section might as well be closed, needless to say its open! Means also continues to give thanks for the feedback they are getting.

Change can also mean anything. While some NT's might have wet dreams about insta cast versions, that will enable them to handle just about any profession but their own, and can push their kill counts to 6 digits.. Others wakes up all sweaty from the returning nightmare of loosing their team mates, one after another, over and over, to a digital monster shooting lightning that never misses, while evading and soaking what appears like an infinite shower metal, sticks and stones..

Xenotric, a blocker is only used if the attack actually hits the target.

Nice, i'm glad others are takin notice to the issue as well and yes i know these perks arent final but as fifty said FC wants us to discuss and display our POV so they can see all the discussion, go over all our points see if anyone is bringing up an angle that hasn't been looked at yet, an office of so many devs only have so much time to look at all the obvious things that sometimes small b0rks just get overlooked..

Anyways, ya i like the ideas 50.. i'll start gathering some ideas in the original post so people can discuss those and point out which would be more efficient/balanced etc
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique - 220.23.66 [1][2] - [E] - [After "Balancing"]

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Bump.. edited the original post showing some new ideas and suggestions to change the perk that would really make a difference and some of these ideas need to be considered because as it is the opi's main new genome perk doesnt add up at all.. and i know the perks arent final but these are some ideas in the right direction to making the perk final

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Shookwon View Post
    NanoMage - a Huge 25% increase in all nano damage.. need i say more? this will make NT's just godly.. they wont even need NBS.. so possibly not being able to stack this perk with other nt nanos will have to be put in place to not just make nt's ridiculously op again
    Actually Nanomage Primary has +50% nano damage, while Nanomage secondary totals up to 35% damage to nano (eg 35% of damage taken goes to nano pool instead of hp) At least that's how I've read the documents at least.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

correct.. Ha, that slipped by me. Ty, so its apparently way better then i thought.. lol its ridiculously helpful to the nanomage's power as are all other genome perks while ours atm is nothing but a few blocks easily manipulated to land whatever special you want so really all i see that were gettin atm is +100 AAD, not tryin to whine just tryin to get opifex's main genome perk to match up which it falls very short of doing atm

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Bump for: Absorb 1 hit, 4s delay -> over the course of 24s.

One would assume that the Nanomage Genome DtN perks would stack with at least Nanobot Shelter (25% DtN on best version) otherwise there's no point any NM NT ever perking that line.

Not that I'm saying NTs should be able to get a static 35% damage reduction, as I think the entire set of NM Genome perks are retarded from an NT point of view, as things currently stand.

This is said by a Solitus NT that will have the free option of switching to Nanomage. NM NTs have enough advantages over other breeds already.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

mm hm.. the NM genome perks are just a tad op when it comes to NT's but then again all the new genome perks are a tad OP except adapt.. hence this thread

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Shookwon View Post
    mm hm.. the NM genome perks are just a tad op when it comes to NT's but then again all the new genome perks are a tad OP except adapt.. hence this thread
    IF those of us posting in these forums are truly concerned with balance, we should be asking that the power of the genome perks not be what it is and completely rethink things, instead of asking that one more be made as/more powerful.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

well.. i figure i have a better chance at pointing out how 1 of the 4 BIG NEW op genome perks is severely lacking in efficiency and power in general when compared to the others, instead of trying to tell FC to trash the whole idea and focus on individual prof balancing and not creating a whole new Pandora's box with these new super breed perks.

edit: and especially since i've seen noone point out all the obvious weakness's of our new "super perk" i figure i might as well just incase these perks DO make it ingame, i'm trying to atleast get ours on the level with the other genome perks which atm are a lot more powerful
    Last edited by Shookwon; Nov 25th, 2009 at 00:24:13.

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    IF those of us posting in these forums are truly concerned with balance, we should be asking that the power of the genome perks not be what it is and completely rethink things, instead of asking that one more be made as/more powerful.
    Both you and I and many others have said it in almost every genome perk thread. Apparently FC doesn't see quite eye to eye on that, because they think that breed perks should be hugely significant.

We'll see what friday holds for us.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12