Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting Opifex "Adapt" Perk..

Adjusting Opifex "Adapt" Perk..

So with all the upcoming perk changes, i think the ones that will play the biggest role are the hugely upgraded genome perks.. and as i see it

Atrox - Mongo Rage now not only has no Huge drawbacks, it has no drawbacks at all.. it just adds a huge amount (1500!) AR so just a huge boost to any atrox's Alpha..
    Solitus - Sphere now adds +125 AAO and AAD.. very nice for an alpha, but oh wait.. +25% Critical Chance? well, i guess theres no way to say for sure what will happen with this if it makes it ingame, but opening that kind of buff to every prof is pretty big and does alot for every profession's alpha..
    NanoMage - a Huge 50% increase in all nano damage.. and 50% off nanocost.. need i say more? this will make NT's just godly.. they wont even need NBS.. so possibly not being able to stack this perk with other nt nanos will have to be put in place to not make nt's ridiculously op again

Now here we are left with Opifex.. our main new perk "Adapt" which lasts for only 20 seconds only 1 AS cycle..

Absorbs 1 Regular or Special Attack (which ever lands) and that block is refreshed every 4 seconds, so 5 total possible blocks.. Whoever created this perk had the right idea but what they might have overlooked is how easy it will be to destroy someone and bipass this system.. because in my eyes this perk is to if anything buy you some time FROM the main damage specials as in Full Auto or Aimed Shot or Sneak Attack.. now most everyone either melee or ranged has Brawl and or Fast Attack and then Sneak or Fling and or Burst and Full Auto or Aimed Shot.. so when fighting any opisex, mass pvp or duel.. you would be dumb to not use your weaker special then your powerful special everytime just so you know the powerful special hits regardless. so really for any smart player its not hard at all to get whatever special they choose to hit the target through these blockers.. So i've taken a look at what people have been saying and come up with a few ideas myself on how this perk could actually be completely made useful.

Suggestions:

- Increase the duration to 24s to atleast provide the oppurtunity to dodge 2 aimed shots but realistically you will most likely only block one if one at all.

- Add 2 "Special Only Blockers" 1 immediately upon use of the perk along with the regular/special block which refreshes every 4 seconds but have this "Special Only Blocker" refresh half way through the perk either 10s in or 12s in if the perk is increased to 24s
    - Add 2 or 3 "Hostile Nano Blockers" immediately upon use of the perk and refreshed half way through, which would simply be Blockers which blocked the first hostile nano attempt that tries to make its way in the opifex's ncu, either it be a root/drain/ubt/snare/nuke anything.. so this would also help vs Nt's and also help in other area's.. making this perk very useful for mass pvp allowing some professions like MA's to have a much needed defense in mass pvp type situations
    - Allow this perk to actually work hand and hand with evade professions since opifex is the ideal breed for evades and what i mean is allow these blocks to be checked after the defense of the attack, so if the attack checks duck/evade/dodge or NR allow the special/nano in question check its selected defense and give evaders the chance to dodge the special or resist the nuke before the block is automatically used..

if these changes were put in place the perk would actually match up with the other genome perks and would help many professions in a way we've been looking for, for years..
    Last edited by Shookwon; Nov 24th, 2009 at 03:06:21.
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique - 220.23.66 [1][2] - [E] - [After "Balancing"]

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Bump for this. Anyone can open with a fastattack/fling shot.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Bump for a change, debump for 5 spec blockers.

2 or 3 spec blockers would be sufficient, and not OP. Be objective here dudes.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

1 is enough.
    2 is overkill.

Even if it blocks "crap" specials, its still a ~2k heal every 4s. And whos to say it wont help when the opi is facing 2 opponents, and it blocks an AS, or a Burst, or w/e.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Nov 20th, 2009 at 00:50:49.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I approve this suggestion, because in it's current form, this perk doesn't stand up to the others. Either this, or add other benefits to the perk in the form of a HoT or AAD

Well "balancing" ie even out drawbacks and advantages..
    this is not..
    As stated in the first post MR +1500 add all off
    solitus insane +25% critt etc
    nanomage +25% nano dmg
    sounds nice!
    opifex crap special blocker, Gief solitus +25% critt
    ktxbye
    -----------------------------------------------
    Chars:
    Tyredrina
    Tyredrina2
    Trattnoob
    & misc

I'll agree with Kink, 2 would be too much since evade profs who rolled opi can easilly dodge/evade the fast attack/fling whatever making the perk pretty darn powerful.
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

I doesn't compare to MR. However it block one 1/2 of regulars (lets say 1/3 if we count lage that doesn't go your way), and one special out of alpha. Even if it's fling, and not everyone have fling. If you fighting 2 or more, well you don't want to live forever don't you ?

Testing may prove this or not, but it might compare to 25% crit (12% pvp, btw except for MA!), 25% dmg to nano or 500 heal.

I'm more concerned about the mid perks, init buff is bleh, and blinded was ok with nanoskill debuffs.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Shookwon View Post
    Absorbs 1 Regular/Special Attack every 4 seconds.. Whoever created the perk had the right idea but what they might have overlooked is how easy it will be to bipass this system.. most everyone has more then 1 special attack so when fighting any opisex, mass pvp or duel.. you would be dumb to not use your weaker special then your powerful special everytime just so you know the powerful special hits regardless.
    I think it only absorbs regular hits like the keeper ward nanos, but that seems like it'd be useful for evaders. One less hit every 4s on top of the already massive evades would help a fair bit I'd say. Plus in your case, that on top of parry seems pretty insane :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shookwon View Post
    Suggestion: Change the perk to upon use give you 5 Special Attack blockers immediately and then keep the 1 Regular attack Block there and to be refreshed every 4s til the perk is up.. This way, we will no matter what get full use of the perk and not only in mass pvp, since noones hittin u with a special every 4s in duels.. and this really is the only perk of all the new breed perks that is dependent on mass pvp to get full use out of it, atleast how the perk is designed atm.
    5 Spec blockers every 2.5 min is way too much, especially since a lot of opis are evade profs. Adding the ability to absorb AS and SA alongside the ability to evade most hits would be overpowering. Fixers, Solds, Agents and Traders rely on specials, especially against evaders. There shouldn't be any spec blockers at all imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Anyone can open with a fastattack/fling shot.
    I can't :'(
    Last edited by Eseb; Nov 20th, 2009 at 13:59:51.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Personally I would say knock it down to 10 second duration and make it 3 blocks every 5 seconds (total of 6)

Means that its more effective but for a shorter duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    There shouldn't be any spec blockers at all imo.
    lol ya that would seem fair with all the insane revamps of every other breed's perks just a few regular blocks sure does add up to +1500 AR with no drawback, 125 aad/aao and 25% crit.. and 25% to all nano dmg.. those are all op compared to how things are atm..

The thing that also needs to be considered is the fact that if it was 5 Sblocks that still would only be put to use in mass pvp.. vs multiple targets which is fair since its only beneficial in 2v1+ scenarios cuz no 1 person is gonna nail 5 specials into you in 20 seconds.. unless they are intentionally being dumb and decide to use all specials after they see your blocks are up and the first one is blocked.. it if anything.. just buys you 20s of time while they arent spamming specials and it should only block the first while they wait for the 20s to pass, so again the 5 immediate sblocks would only be properly put to use in mass pvp.

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy View Post
    I'll agree with Kink, 2 would be too much since evade profs who rolled opi can easilly dodge/evade the fast attack/fling whatever making the perk pretty darn powerful.
    Blockers are used up before any evading comes into play.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Well these arent special blockers there special/normal so potentially better potentially worse depending on the point of view.

Of course im not sure if this extends to nano attacks or not and that might be the biggest decider.

And Shook, just to check, when you say 25% to all nano dmg, it sounds like you think its a damage buff rather then a defensive 25% of all damage gets taken from nanopool instead of health

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Well these arent special blockers there special/normal so potentially better potentially worse depending on the point of view.

And Shook, just to check, when you say 25% to all nano dmg, it sounds like you think its a damage buff rather then a defensive 25% of all damage gets taken from nanopool instead of health
    True, i did think it was 1 special and 1 regular block refreshed every 4s for 20s. so only 5 potential blocks, which will NEVER be special blocks in a duel if you play anyone smart they will wait til a regular hit hits you then use special immediately.. so this doesnt really do much at all vs anyone in strategic play like duels or small mass pvp, and all the other breed perks work great in strategic play so ya in big zergs u might absorb a couple specials with this perk.. but no where else

i'd still like to see 1 or maybe 2 special only blockers thrown in there maybe 2 and it refreshes at 10s so you get 2 throughout the 20s and an increase to 24s so it can catch more then one AS would be really nice, and that would make this perk more realistically useful, and in comparison to +125 aad/aao +25% crit.. asking for a way to make sure we can gaurentee a block against atleast 1 or 2 special hits should atleast be considered, because as is they'll only block a few straggler hits while its up but really the +100 perma AAD is better then the blocks as they are now

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

just started an agent i plan to lvl to 220.. decided on opifex mostly cause of this perk.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    just started an agent i plan to lvl to 220.. decided on opifex mostly cause of this perk.
    You do realize of course that the current perk documentation is not 100% solid, right?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    You do realize of course that the current perk documentation is not 100% solid, right?
    He'll have the breed change if he changes his mind anyway :P
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Quote Originally Posted by sweleviathan View Post
    nanomage +25% nano dmg
    Just to make it clear...

It's actually 25% damage to nano (kind of absorb mechanism), other one offers short time 50% boost to heal and to nano damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9002 View Post
    Just to make it clear...

It's actually 25% damage to nano (kind of absorb mechanism), other one offers short time 50% boost to heal and to nano damage.
    So it's even worse than the OP though. Great.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

wouldnt that mean nm nt's could reach near 180'ish % to nano dmg w/o nbs? and 200 is the cap anyways right? lol.. that cant be right.. and again bump for atleast 1 or 2 special only blocks so we can be sure to block atleast 1 power special or atleast get them to avoid using it for 20s but c'mon SA or AS or FA will most commonly only be tried once within the buff and using fling or burst or fast attack or brawl before sneak or AS is not hard to do.. we need 1 or 2 for sure special only blocks to even out this perk with all the other insane genome perks

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast