Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New engi belt please

Question New engi tool belt please

Short description:
    1. I'm engineer
    2. Engis and traders can do TS
    3. They both are using tools for TS
    4. There was a good item in newb SL quests.. here it is. The good thing in that belt - it is possible to store tools in it, as in backpack. I really loved my belt on low lvl trader, but it became useless when i put 6 slot belt on.
    is it possible to make new TL7 (with 6 memory slots) belt based on new Xan belt platform for NOT ONLY traders, but engies too with backpack ability?

long description:
    I mean my friends always asks me why I have only few free slots in my inventory. It is because I have a lot backpacks with tools and misc tradeskill junk, pet trimmers, etc. I'm already using my social back slot with Notum Threaded Backpack, but why I can't put my tools on my belt? I'm engineer? Engies can put tools on belt! They always do it!
    Please, FC, made smth like an upgraded version Xan's Viral Belt Component Platform what have a backpack function. I'll be really happy if I can put my tools into my belt.

You can made this belt from already existing xan belt, but engi or trader should combine it with smth strange to get new version (like a gem from Dark Ruins ). And may be add some tradeskill bonus on it, may be like this:

Code:
    Comdriver's modified Xan's Viral Belt
    NODROP UNIQUE

A version of the Belt Component Platform based on Xan technology. 
    This device represents the final word in NCU enhancments. 
    It was modified to have better usability for engineering.

Requirements:
    To Equip 	User 	Computer literacy 	>= 1501 	and
    		User 	Level 			>= 215 	and
    		User 	Profession 		== Engineer 	or
    		User 	Profession 		== Trader 	 	
    		User 	Expansion sets 	& Alien Invasion 

Effects
    On Equip 	User 	Modify 	Max health 	150 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Strength 	35 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Agility 	35 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Stamina 	35 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Intelligence 	35 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Sense 		35 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Psychic 	35 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Belt decks 	6 	 
    		User 	Modify 	NCU memory 	30 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Max nano 	150 
    		User 	Modify 	Mechanical engineering 	20 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Electrical engineering 	20 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Tutoring 	5 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Quantum physics 	20 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Weapon smithing 	20 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Pharmaceuticals 	10 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Nano programming 	10 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Psychology 	10 	 
    		User 	Modify 	Chemistry 	10 
    		User 	Modify 	Computer literacy 	10	 
    		User		can use this belt as Backpack (idk how is is responded in DB)
    or at least belt without TS bonus, but a Xan belt with backpack please!
    This will not make engies or traders OP, it is just adds a new useful function to belt.
    Last edited by Comdriver; Jan 26th, 2010 at 09:29:36.
    Comdriver, RK2 engi and RK1 since 2012
    WTB belt for engineering tools

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    hjyuhjyuyhjyuhj45uhy4gftrftrg2

tl4-5 are much more in need of new belts, and engi's arn't the worst off for inventory space.

but I don't really have any reason to oppose this either
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

While belt with some TS bonuses would be nice, it is not really needed either. Like Maxisfix said, TL4-6 could use some more belt choices. Maybe even make some other belt choices than the Xan belt, with different bonuses to not have one superior item for most.

As of inventory space, I got all TS tools on my trader, as well as pile of other gear with me and still got 12-15 free room in inventory. So its all about sorting your stuff efficiently.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

I like this idea though the guys are right about lower TL's needing belts more than higher TL's. I too liked the fact that traders get the utility belt from the SL starter quests.

I'd like to see stuff like higher QL Belts of Justice around, Dantian Belt of life be 6 slot not 5 and that Belt you can get from the AI quest (Overcloacked?) bumped up to a 6 slot with some extra stats on it.

Lots of people are saying aO doesn't need this... I think it does. AO needs more items that are around "just because they would be". It needs more items that arn't the next uber assalt rifle, but are just a little something that is nice to have. Non-gameplay-enhancing upgrades to existing items seems a perfect way to achieve this, adding little extras to items that are nice to have even if they won't win you your next fight.

So I say bump: bump to the origional post and bump to anything that pisses off Harcore PvPers because they see anything that doesn't help them kill as useless. Just because that lot are the most vocal doesn't mean we should bow to their every cry.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    bump to anything that pisses off Harcore PvPers because they see anything that doesn't help them kill as useless. Just because that lot are the most vocal doesn't mean we should bow to their every cry.
    Actually most of them are pvm'ers that think they like pvp because of BS

Building the game out in items again is a good direction, its part of what made the game really good a few years ago. But there is room for stuff that is useful even if it isn't better then the current items.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    that Belt you can get from the AI quest (Overcloacked?) bumped up to a 6 slot with some extra stats on it.

this, it's a shame to get a belt trhat is not better than totw belt from a quest like that.
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

So its all about sorting your stuff efficiently.
    I'd said it is more about usability. it is just good to have tools on belt under your hand. so bump for my idea!

this, it's a shame to get a belt trhat is not better than totw belt from a quest like that.
    BTW, I'm TL7 and I'm still wearing 6-x slot belt, what I got on same time as i got TOTW belt

Bump.
    And give Crats a top hat that they can use as a bank and wear in social for when they outgrow their briefcase of holding.

And give MA's a backpack for special attacks that actually allows you to place them on shortcut bar from it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I once got petitioned for "impersonating FC personal" for claiming I ran helpbot.

hopeless bump...

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    Atm, I have 15 empty inv spots. I am also carrying 5 trimmers, a box of ammo and 9 bp. 3 of those bp are empty ones I use to pick up stuff along the way. I carry more stuff in the other 6 than I really need, day to day, so I could trim that down to half of that pretty easy. That leaves a lot of room for stuff...I agree.

I have read now, multiple times, that FC dev resources are spread thin and that we should not be asking for stuff unless we really need it. I cry cow excrement (toned down cursing...for your reading protection) on that. For two reasons. First, this is my game, just as much as anyone elses and I should be able to ask for the stars, even if I am not going to get it. Second, TSing is the most ridiculous waste of my resources in this game. I understand that things need to be made. I have all the gear to do it and the skills to match, so this is not a rant from a TS hater. TSing is something that serves no purpose for advancement of the TSer in this game, period (yes, now tell me about the billions you made from doing it, while I laugh at you and make more selling pred armor). So, as a bone to the peeps who spend money, time and IP doing something that the devs felt was an integral part of the game, but which does nothing to actually help the TSer advance, give me a belt that holds all of my TS stuff (with gear and tools, it will take more than normal sized bp, in case their are no devs who play TSer).

Also, not asking for stuff, even stuff we do not need, gets us stuff we do not want...case in point...7x team blockers.

there should be TSing elements that contribute to Pvm/PvP, like welding a cannon to your chickens head with one bullet (ME and EE), giving it a "alpha", or making the dogs slober more acidic makign a dot (requires chem). shouldnt be as good a a pure PvP engi, but be better

Big bump for higher QL Utility belt as found in the SL starter quest and the Xan equivalent of it. With engi/trader or even without the profession lock.

While we're at it, make them visible

Bump for this one, simply because it would be a fun item (and would save me an inventory slot).

I'd definitely wear it!
    Main
    Forek 220/30

Alts
    Dreadoc 220/27
    Mellifluous 220/27
    Forefix 178/18

I'm up for a Tradeskill belt though I'm not sure if making it from the upgraded xan apf belt is the way to go. Maybe something as simple as combining a Profiteer's Helper with a 6 slot belt would be a realistic option for creating this belt. Then you can just copy the mods from the Helper and you're set.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Quote Originally Posted by Whealer View Post
    I'm up for a Tradeskill belt though I'm not sure if making it from the upgraded xan apf belt is the way to go. Maybe something as simple as combining a Profiteer's Helper with a 6 slot belt would be a realistic option for creating this belt. Then you can just copy the mods from the Helper and you're set.
    Making item that most wouldn't even use isn't any way sensible way to go, fc has done it too many times...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

*shameless bump*

We need to keep the widgets and gadgets threads going, these are fun and useful.

Give us more of them FC.

.:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

This is a very good idea for both traders and engineers possibly fixers aswell.

The profiteers helper idea sounds cool.

The game needs more unique items for all the professions to give them a more unique aspect to their gameplay.
    Last edited by Makeroom; Sep 23rd, 2010 at 11:21:13.

Explorers's modified Xan's Viral Belt
    NODROP UNIQUE

A version of the Belt Component Platform based on Xan technology.
    This device represents the final word in NCU enhancments.
    It was modified to have better usability for exploring.

Requirements:
    To Equip User Computer literacy >= 1501 and
    User Level >= 215 and
    User Profession == Advtüdeldidü
    User Expansion sets & Alien Invasion

Effects
    On Equip User Modify Max health 150
    User Modify Strength 35
    User Modify Agility 35
    User Modify Stamina 35
    User Modify Intelligence 35
    User Modify Sense 35
    User Modify Psychic 35
    User Modify Belt decks 6
    User Modify NCU memory 30
    User Modify Max nano 150
    User Modify Adventuring 20
    User Modify Map Navigation 20
    User Modify Break and Entry 5
    User Modify Vehicle Air 20
    User Modify Vehicle Ground 20
    User Modify Swimming 10
    User Modify Run Speed 10
    User Modify Multi melee 10
    User Modify Multi ranged 10
    User Modify Computer literacy -10
    User can use this belt as Backpack (idk how is is responded in DB)

scnr. but yeah, bump for TS'ers

I need a Tool Belt with 51 slots URGENT

or alternativ give me a new pet who carry along

http://www.amazon.de/Werkstattwagen-.../dp/B001QSXUMK
    Last edited by Togusa; Oct 22nd, 2010 at 09:15:51.

Looky here sunshine....I had already bumped this thread, but so you can hopefully see a fresh one....I rebump it for you.

*BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP*

.:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast