Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So everyone realised Atroxes will in fact have it worse then before right?

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Every evade class, sol, eng and possibly keeper.

That's 50% of all profs.
    It only heals a good 1700 more than it does now, and takes longer to fill its heal payload.. if it was a flat out +5k instant heal it'd be a lot more useful.

Do soldiers even use survival anymore? I havent heard Sterva complain about the extra survivability of solitus bureaucrats due to it either, nor Alcoydel comment on how NM is crap compared to Solitus due to this perk either.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

One of those you mentioned finds advs unkillable on crat while the other has to kite enfs without IMUB in duel.

I'm talking about good PvPers, don't think their opinion really counts
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    It only heals a good 1700 more than it does now, and takes longer to fill its heal payload.. if it was a flat out +5k instant heal it'd be a lot more useful.

Do soldiers even use survival anymore? I havent heard Sterva complain about the extra survivability of solitus bureaucrats due to it either, nor Alcoydel comment on how NM is crap compared to Solitus due to this perk either.
    Opifex have been shafted in terms of defense both to NM and solitus for so long, that I just expect it and I would be surprised if it ever really changes.

Don't take me out of context Rac, I said crats can't gank a good adv. You said any crat with 150 towers can (lol).

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Besides, it's not only survival.

It's tacky moved into the same line as having snare and removal added on top,

as well as constant 20hd and 10nd.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

The HD is pretty garbage, I'd like to see that actually toned up a fair bit.
    Tacky hack change is only what it originally should have been, and at 3 would make this worth spending 3 points on.

(at least for my characters).

People have to sacrifice to use these, so its ultimate usefulness will vary, people seem to post about these changes as if they were WoW style breed advantages that are just given to you for free.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I LOVE the new breed perks. I think you guys are tripping. The idea of keeping MR, and adding several new perks that are at least on par with MR, will only add more depth to breed choices. Removing the debuff was an interesting move, but depending on the profession the soli 25% crit AAO/AAD buff, the opi passive AAD buff, and the NM ultracoon could be much more useful. At least they gave us choices. AI levels are hard, prior to these changes most AI perks were trivial compared to SL perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    I LOVE the new breed perks. I think you guys are tripping. The idea of keeping MR, and adding several new perks that are at least on par with MR, will only add more depth to breed choices. Removing the debuff was an interesting move, but depending on the profession the soli 25% crit AAO/AAD buff, the opi passive AAD buff, and the NM ultracoon could be much more useful. At least they gave us choices. AI levels are hard, prior to these changes most AI perks were trivial compared to SL perks.
    They didn't give anything on par with MR, they just made MR better then it was before.

Point out one perk on a par with MR, that has nothing to do with Nanomage NTs.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

The HD is pretty garbage, I'd like to see that actually toned up a fair bit.
    Tacky hack change is only what it originally should have been, and at 3 would make this worth spending 3 points on.

(at least for my characters).

People have to sacrifice to use these, so its ultimate usefulness will vary, people seem to post about these changes as if they were WoW style breed advantages that are just given to you for free.
    20 HD can be pretty significant for sol, MA, fixer.

Doesn't matter what you think Tacky should have been, it wasn't, and it will be now.

A pretty remarkable upgrade.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Doesn't matter what you think Tacky should have been, it wasn't, and it will be now.

A pretty remarkable upgrade.
    A remarkable upgrade for everyone +207.

How about sub 207?

Personally, I feel snubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Point out one perk on a par with MR, that has nothing to do with Nanomage NTs.
    what a cop out, I was specifically thinking of NM and nano based professions. Opi and soli could use some work, but it's getting there.

what a cop out, I was specifically thinking of NM and nano based professions. Opi and soli could use some work, but it's getting there.
    Not all nano based professions are Nanomage. Also, not all Nanomages are nano based professions.

Comparing the perfect breed/profession combo isn't good for balance. There should be no perfect breed/profession combo, and I think that's the point alot of people want to get across.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

people will always have something to bitch about.. ill be fine
    Switzerland Atrox Agent on Rimor, Proud Member of Devil Inside

Need Plvl? 5-150

RK2- Switzerland Shankz Newzealand Interpol Switzz
    Switzernuke Switznuke41 Switznuke90

RK1-Switzerland Switznuke9 Switznuke40 Switznuke90

It's "nice" but for 10 perk points, for 20HD? It's hardly stellar. Sure, it doesnt hurt, but its not epic.

Yes it is now worth using. Probably the only real useful one - but tacky hack doesnt compare to the other perk specials in other genome lines.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

It's "nice" but for 10 perk points, for 20HD? It's hardly stellar. Sure, it doesnt hurt, but its not epic.
    It's more like a free extra you get for perking survival.

Yea, soli genomes are incomparably better than anything else in case of almost half the profs.

Quite funnily if you don't fancy MR on an enf, opi is gonna be the 2nd best choice now.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    A remarkable upgrade for everyone +207.

How about sub 207?

Personally, I feel snubbed.
    The goal of this game is to reach 220. "Twinks" are the creation of the playerbase, not FC.
    Last edited by Racatti; Nov 15th, 2009 at 10:03:26.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

The goal of this game is to reach 220. "Twinks" are the creation of the playerbase, not FC.
    While many content is endgame, it's not because one game took the lazy option to give its players crap until they reach the max level that we should all go that way. Especially when there is gaping holes right from level 2.

Especially for AO, built around twinking and taking a longer path to max level(s). There is still holes at TL5 that can be looked at.

Now if roots and snares receive the same treatment that perks did (lower duration in pvp) you won't need Tacky Hack so much. But if the gap between fighters and casters there is not taken care of, many might as well skip to TL7 already.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Not all nano based professions are Nanomage. Also, not all Nanomages are nano based professions.

Comparing the perfect breed/profession combo isn't good for balance. There should be no perfect breed/profession combo, and I think that's the point alot of people want to get across.
    wtf are you on? Obviously some breeds are intended for some professions - you can try to build your unique setup but NTs were never meant to be Atrox. I don't think it's fair for Funcom to have to balance for illogical combinations, regardless of how much you want nanomage pistol enfs to be as strong as nanomage NTs or Atrox enfs..

wtf are you on? Obviously some breeds are intended for some professions - you can try to build your unique setup but NTs were never meant to be Atrox. I don't think it's fair for Funcom to have to balance for illogical combinations, regardless of how much you want nanomage pistol enfs to be as strong as nanomage NTs or Atrox enfs..
    But currently (with proposed breed changes), if you roll any breed of NT other than a NM you are extremely gimp by comparison.

If you roll any Keeper other than Atrox you are extremely gimp by comparison. If you roll any Shade other than Atrox... you get the idea.

Also, those NM perks suck if you're not an NT, Trader or maybe an MP. The Soli, Opi, and Trox perks are pretty much good all around. DtN breed perks for NMs is just a bad idea.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Which is a major turn off to new players. Not only is there a harsh learning curve, but if you want to have fun you have to wait until end game. If it keeps up like this, soon enough the server will be 90% 220/30/70 elitists and 10% people frustrated with the game. Or maybe it's too late..

When I first started AO, the "end-game" was achievable on a normal person's schedule. Post SL, still perfectly achievable with the increased XP for 1-200. Post AI, AXP turned into a major issue, and obtaining items started to be a serious grind on it's own. Today's XP, while still a serious time investment, doesn't begin to compare to the side quests and items you'll need to be considered "end game". When AO started turning from casual-friendly to oh-my-god-good-thing-I-got-laid-off is when we started to lose playerbase.. imo at least. I just don't have the time anymore. Not even mentioning the time it takes to find people online to do the content.. Which in some cases is 5x the time it takes to do the content itself..

Anyway, I just hope FC considers it's population in the vast majority of changes they plan on making.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    But currently (with proposed breed changes), if you roll any breed of NT other than a NM you are extremely gimp by comparison.

If you roll any Keeper other than Atrox you are extremely gimp by comparison. If you roll any Shade other than Atrox... you get the idea.

Also, those NM perks suck if you're not an NT, Trader or maybe an MP. The Soli, Opi, and Trox perks are pretty much good all around. DtN breed perks for NMs is just a bad idea.
    NT is a unique case I'll give you that - but I wouldn't shrug off the idea of a virtually invincible NM doctor, or a pretty damn tough NM MP. Not sure what good MR will do for them. Hopefully they fix perk dependent professions, preferably on a system similar to nanos/resist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast