Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dimach

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Because you have a choice to keep or use your nano if dimach was like that. GTH doesnt give you that choice. Now stay on the dimach subject or ill troll you for thinking GTH is fine
    Read the sarcasm in my reply to Hacre. I was making a point that balancing for 1 v 1 is not against the EULA or in some FC commandments that must not be broken GTH is ofc a stupid nano design (it gets everyone but keepers and shades killed consistently) and Dimach is a stupid special design. Just because they are not as impactful when you have a full team or raidforce with you does not mean that something should not be adjusted for 1 v 1 fights.

It will not break mass pvp and in its current form Dimach fails as a pvp tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I was making a point that balancing for 1 v 1 is not against the EULA or some other garbage Hacre wants tack onto the FC commandments
    Er, what? L2Search and find for yourself many many many official posts from various people at FC that states FC are not/can not/will not balance around 1v1 encounters and it was a very large caveat pointed out when the duel system went live.

Balancing around 1v1 has little to do with stupid nanos like GTH.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

As my ma is 218, i think i have a 12-13ish min round about recharge, i would like to see it lowered alil, but its not terrible, i think there is other things that need addressed first...

im waiting to see what exactly happens w perk changes and such..i believe alot of these balance threads are, well out of balance atm..you wont see the full picture until its implemented

*EDIT*
    i also believe breed in itsself should play more of a role in recharges of certain perks, just like it should play a role in how hard it is to get high lvl sybs on(however i dont think anyone should be limited to all ql 240ish sybs either)

everyone needs a fair balanced picture
    Last edited by styles999; Nov 13th, 2009 at 13:47:17.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

i for one would love to see breed based dimach
    that locks based on the dimach skill (not as currently done, the only prof with working dimach is shade currently)
    opifex gets a big hit with an evade buff following it
    nanomage gets a direct damage ranged attack that does a 5m aoe
    atrox gets a timed dmg mod, aao and scale increase (similar to challenger)

if this can't be done as a direct result of the dimach skill
    it's a great idea for an item,
    like a martial arts attack it could represent a level of spiritual training
    require that you are capable of preforming a dimach when you try to use the item
    and lock dimach skill

it'd be an awesome addition to the game

dimach is not imbalanced, its fine as is. 30 mins recharge, bam, balanced.

shades have 5 mins recharge, hits 1k in pvp and heals like wat 900 hp? actually needs a bit of a boost if you ask me, but still w/e balanced enough.

lowered for MAs also, but cmon.... mas need love.

keepers need lockout reduced, to 30 mins even...

i dont care if i get killed by dimach tbh, means to me that they felt the need to use a last ditch attack on me, like they are struggling or find me difficult... also i know that they then cant use it on any1 else for another 30 mins.

Leave it alone IMO
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Red face

dimach on keepers need a serious overhaul.

At TL5 with dimach maxed, it's a 2500ish heal with a 60m lockout.

for anyone who cares, thats 0.69HP/s over the duration of recharge.

I get more benefit out of the pesky 150dmg it does in the fight vs the advy I can't kill anyway. At least it hits them.

pfffffffffffff

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    dimach on keepers need a serious overhaul.

At TL5 with dimach maxed, it's a 2500ish heal with a 60m lockout.

for anyone who cares, thats 0.69HP/s over the duration of recharge.

I get more benefit out of the pesky 150dmg it does in the fight vs the advy I can't kill anyway. At least it hits them.

pfffffffffffff
    Doesn't matter the HP/s... it's a last ditch attack to save yourself but anyhow I agree 1 hour is too long. 15 mins seems fair I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Doesn't matter the HP/s... it's a last ditch attack to save yourself but anyhow I agree 1 hour is too long. 15 mins seems fair I guess.
    Depends on how "last ditch" you (or the devs) think it should be.

A SB might be considered the real last ditch.

I sincerely hope though, that this attack gets a much shortened timer.

For MA's, shades and keepers it should be 12 minutes max and scale down to 6 minutes in my opinion at 2000 skill or whatever.

Keepers also need a significant heal boost for lower skill. It's currently nerfed to about a 20% heal, which is just a big stinking "screw you" to anyone sub 220.

In reality, you won't ever get to use it more than once per fight, so it doesn't need to have a longer timer than 5-6 minutes, (ever)... the only exception to that is keepers fighting doctors, but, in that type of situation, well, hell, something has to change to make that fight more reasonable.

shades already at 5 mins, and because its useless. so that dosnt need to change

6 mins for keeper is a tad too short imo, as it gives a 6-7k heal if i remember correctly at tl7, if ur gonna have that kinda healing power give it to shade as well. more like 15-20 mins for keeper.. MA is fine as is, maybe short reduction as they are the dimach kings imo :P (the damage version of dimach that is)
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841

GTH can be removed by Wake Up Call, ie fixer nano. But, there are several factors that can't be thrown away:
    - fixers don't use any nanoprogram rangeInc items
    - WUP got pretty low range itself
    - it's pretty hard to watch after teammates' nanopool at team window, and there are no visual effects representing nanodrain process, which makes it only visible at team window
    - GTH tick interval is pretty shot, and, even a small delay in removing it can cause you or your friendly target to lose nanopool entirely
    - alpha symbiants GTH resistance isn't high enough to be effective
    - enhanced jathos/kegern armor GTH resistance isn't high enough either
    - there are several professions whos survivability depends on their ability to cast nanos, and none of them can remove GTH themselves, which is wrong

Anyway, GTH should be balanced, and the way i see it is - if your profession depends on nanopool and ability to cast nanos - then you should have some effective GTH removal toolset, will it be locked for a period of time on use or not - thats another story, bt such toolset should be.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    GTH can be removed by Wake Up Call, ie fixer nano. But, there are several factors that can't be thrown away:
    - fixers don't use any nanoprogram rangeInc items
    - WUP got pretty low range itself
    - it's pretty hard to watch after teammates' nanopool at team window, and there are no visual effects representing nanodrain process, which makes it only visible at team window
    - GTH tick interval is pretty shot, and, even a small delay in removing it can cause you or your friendly target to lose nanopool entirely
    - alpha symbiants GTH resistance isn't high enough to be effective
    - enhanced jathos/kegern armor GTH resistance isn't high enough either
    - there are several professions whos survivability depends on their ability to cast nanos, and none of them can remove GTH themselves, which is wrong

Anyway, GTH should be balanced, and the way i see it is - if your profession depends on nanopool and ability to cast nanos - then you should have some effective GTH removal toolset, will it be locked for a period of time on use or not - thats another story, bt such toolset should be.
    sorry umm, did u post this in the wrong thread...or? wtb a quote so i know who ur posting this to, as it is it seems completely off topic

im suprised no one has used a meele vs range strawman

fast attack=flingshot
    aimshot=sneakattack/backstab (with longer recharge)
    brawl=burst (burst has more damage, but brawl has stun chance)
    therefore shouldn't
    dimach=full auto?

things to keep im mind bullets need t be reloaded after a cetain amount are shot (or after full auto), but range has teh advantage of distance (combined with roots and snares makes it fairly effective), and that meele can attack while running while range can't (to make kiting less effective, but doesn't compinsate for CC, or recharging specials)

P.S. almsot forgot we're getting parry and riptose, those might be able to compensate for no full autoish attack.

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    im suprised no one has used a meele vs range strawman

fast attack=flingshot
    aimshot=sneakattack/backstab (with longer recharge)
    brawl=burst (burst has more damage, but brawl has stun chance)
    therefore shouldn't
    dimach=full auto?

things to keep im mind bullets need t be reloaded after a cetain amount are shot (or after full auto), but range has teh advantage of distance (combined with roots and snares makes it fairly effective), and that meele can attack while running while range can't (to make kiting less effective, but doesn't compinsate for CC, or recharging specials)

P.S. almsot forgot we're getting parry and riptose, those might be able to compensate for no full autoish attack.
    lol bump, I'd settle for a 22s recharge on dimach! thats like double FA recharge, so, definitely not OP'd. course, it does 100% land, so thats a benefit, but then we can't shoot a dimach across the PF. So, I think 22s is ok.

we need to see how parry and riptose work in order to see what level of power is required for dimach and full auto to be truly balanced.

going offtopic is some times the best way to win

Utterly useless to even IP it into a shade. PVM 1500 damage and a 1k heal maybe? pvp.. about 10% of that. Now, let's look at the enforcer/keeper who just capped a 6k Dimach on me. Level the playfield on that attack please.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Perking View Post
    Utterly useless to even IP it into a shade. PVM 1500 damage and a 1k heal maybe? pvp.. about 10% of that. Now, let's look at the enforcer/keeper who just capped a 6k Dimach on me. Level the playfield on that attack please.
    must have been an enforcer...no way a keeper was capping a dimach on anything

Quote Originally Posted by Perking View Post
    srsly. I cap dimach on pet leets only. normally it hits for 150 in pvp.

I have 3 org mates who recently rolled shades. And I told them to simply never invest IP into it. IP something lame like Aimed Shot seeings you can cap with a damn treatment gun!
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

shade dimach is useful in pvm when combined with acro/cib perklines and any healthdrain. as for pvp though, use is limited as a "this might delay him/her enough for some one else to get here" attack (in BS), usually its not enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast