Thread: 9/10 people agree...engy r OP

9/10 people agree...engy r OP

New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

They see me mining
    They hatin
    Patrolling they tryin to catch me mining dirty
    Tryin to catch me mining dirty
    My snares so big
    I'm plantin
    They hopin that they gon catch me mining dirty

Clammers think they can see where i been
    I'm gsfed so it ain't easy to be seen
    When you see me mine by they can see the glean
    And my shine on the dog and the plasma screen
    Ride with a new chicken, she like hold up
    Next to the battlestation teleporter is a full clip and my pistola
    Turn a soldier into a coma
    Girl you ain't know, I'm crazy like Krayzie Bone
    Just tryin to cap ain't tryin to have no pvp
    slayer clean itself so I pull in ladies
    claws patrolling you know they hate me

this is getting boring, ill finish it later
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

I blame Alco
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

So ridiculous. If engies really were so OP and awesome, you'd see more pvp engineers than the 10-ish that actually play at the moment.

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    I blame Alcohol
    there, fixed that for you
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

The 9 out of 10 in that thread are usual RK2 pvp experts who do nothing but fap about duels all day long, as if it actually had anything to do with pvp to begin with.

Engineers aren't really OP. It just takes more than rolling your face in the keyboard and possibly the rubbing of two brain cells to kill one. Playing one is the same way which is also why pvp engineers remain an elite few.
    Waiting for a cure.

They aren't exactly Johnathan Wendel (Fatal1ty) anyone of those guys who posted in that thread. Karstasbiatc has won tourneys and duels for years on rk2. The fact is, even if the people in that thread rolled a engineer after seing the accomplishments of the few, they will just be average joes and be slaughtered by the best pvp engineer.
    Last edited by Fuglskremsel; Oct 28th, 2009 at 05:43:39.

It's funny how that works, isn't it Fug? I remember more than a few people who used to detest engineers, calling us worthless gimps tl;dr. Then, after seeing what some of us have become capable of, they suddenly have one of their own.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Engineers aren't really OP. It just takes more than rolling your face in the keyboard and possibly the rubbing of two brain cells to kill one. Playing one is the same way which is also why pvp engineers remain an elite few.
    unless you're a shade, facerolls still work, but you have to catch the engineer by surprise.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Entventurer View Post
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=555418&page=8

Have a read, a few pages before the end of that thread maybe.

Romaas just loves me.
    I wouldnt consider nooba a pvper seeing how i never see him pvp, just always on alts. Helps if you know who is a pvper and who isnt. Though your from RK1 so meh mistakes happen i guess.
    Last edited by Kazeran; Oct 30th, 2009 at 03:49:40.

even if engis are OP, they are too annoying to play, therefor there are only a few masochistic enough to still play them and be good at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Maybe the fact that playing engi is a bit complicated and different confuse some players enough to see our weak spots and they are trying to steamroll over engi as over some ordinary cannon fodder. When they are not successful they start to speak about engi being OP.

That reminds me that one of worst thing is that engy can be annoyed to death (this is truly worse than die on bs) by people knowing their weaknesses. (especially doc, fixer, trader, crat are excellent for that task...)
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

It takes a lot of time to do a really good pvp engineer. Ordinary engineers are killable by sold atm. In pre LE pvp sold was dead meat for any eng. So eng isnt OP anymore, becouse you are whining about some well equiped engineers with high pvp expirience.

If i was you, i'd posted:

- Plz nerf NT, becouse Nanoinstance able to kill me.

- Plz nerf Enfos, becouse Herculess able to kill me.

- Plz nerf Docs, becouse i cant kill Dalgonia solo on BS.

- Plz nerf evryone, becouse i want to be able to kill evryone.
    Last edited by Alceona; Nov 9th, 2009 at 00:02:25.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    AGreee totaly

Tbh I haven't found engies OP, usually had good chances killing one in BS 1 on 1 on both my NT and crat, but in duels they're close to impossible (for NT at least) just because of the amount of stuff they're able to throw in at the same time coupled with high damage output and coon. So imo people base their judgement on duels, which is kinda wrong, we all know that some professions have huge advantages in duels which they don't in open pvp.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

This is pretty much spot on. In mass pvp you can find an engineer who just had a tough fight and burned all his defenses. With coon down and no bior he's either forced to run or he crumbles in front of you. People tend to forget that bio shielding perks have long recharges but remember Karstas handing them their asses in a duel. Therefore engi = OP.
    Waiting for a cure.

Personally i never had any problems with kiting ppl in non duel situations on my engi but all the nowdays engis are just so predictable im amazed they get anything done at all