Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Professionals Program

Quote Originally Posted by Poufpaf View Post
    Frankly, choosing MA professionals should have nothing to do with knowing who's da really best really really inside. And it should not be a war between people that play a certain style against others. It's hard enough to find active MAs now without having to divide us into factions and compete against each other in a useless showoff.
    This.

Ok, No4sniper, I agree that it would be reasonable to have a professional from RK1 and RK2 (sorry DNW)

But, I haven't seen one post here that is announcing that she/he wants to represent the community.

I would encourage all MA's who are thinking about electing professionals to consider what the implications are of electing an MA who is "uber" and "at the top of the pvp food chain" vs one who is more average, and who is closer to the "representative sample" of MA's. For this reason, I'm not sure if ange would be the best MA rep.

Often those at the VERY top of the heap do not understand the peculiarities that bog down the average players. In my opinion, there are only 2-3 MA's out there who have honed the professional ability of the MA to such a fine degree. Don't expect him to sympathize with the average.

Perhaps, while it would be useful to have a "top-of-the-heap" representative, we should also elect someone who faces more the the problems that the masses face.

Does RK1 have an MA who frequests the forums, who is active, but is not at the epitome of the game?

In my opinion, someone who has already achieved sensational success will be less likely to fight for the gains of the average man. Think carefully on this.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Does RK1 have an MA who frequests the forums, who is active, but is not at the epitome of the game?
    Yes, but they have learned to move on and play professions that are easy mode in pvp. Best example would be Watchmyfeet, who hasn't played his MA in a long time, but was one of my role models when leveling. He unfortunately plays his sold too much and I don't think browses the forums. Other than that I can't think of any non-end game MA's who still play.
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

If you had read my sign just once, you woulda known who the hell I am.
    Whatever, case closed I guess ... Sorry for misunderstanding.

Well if you think that I'm blind to most recent PvP MAs' issues ...
    Guess you're talking about the countless times where I said "no we don't lack of XXX, look, I can do it just fine, you witnessed it" ? I didn't mean to show how good I am or whatever, all I meant is that if I can do it, then everybody can do it, and please don't tell me about that sync issue, I suffer from it as well, maybe not as much as you (from time to time) but still. Even if it takes more time for some people to learn, it doesn't matter.

I can understand average PvPers issues, guess how !
    Because I been part of them too, I know how it is, to play a non end-game PvP MA amongst the toughest players, I started to PvP this way, by challenging the hardest PvPers to learn from them, then come back to have a balanced fight, because they taught me something. We aren't here to give our qualifications, our deeds or what-so-ever but I advise TL5 and TL7 MAs everyday. I can easily put myself in their position, in their skin because I had to start somewhere and learn too, no one can escape from that as far as I know. Every bit of knowledge, tips, tactics I got, I'm glad to be able to share them with anyone (I'm not waving that RP flag either). The new wave is meant to become better than the former one, that's also my goal.

So please, don't tryna put yourself in my position, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Soliartist; Nov 4th, 2009 at 04:27:40.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post

Well if you think that I'm blind to most recent PvP MAs' issues ...
    Guess you're talking about the countless times where I said "no we don't lack of XXX, look, I can do it just fine, you witnessed it" ? I didn't mean to show how good I am or whatever, all I meant is that if I can do it, then everybody can do it, and please don't tell me about that sync issue, I suffer from it as well, maybe not as much as you (from time to time) but still. Even if it takes more time for some people to learn, it doesn't matter.

I can understand average PvPers issues, guess how !
    Because I been part of them too, I know how it is, to play a non end-game PvP MA amongst the toughest players, I started to PvP this way, by challenging the hardest PvPers to learn from them, then come back to have a balanced fight, because they taught me something. We aren't here to give our qualifications, our deeds or what-so-ever but I advise TL5 and TL7 MAs everyday. I can easily put myself in their position, in their skin because I had to start somewhere and learn too, no one can escape from that as far as I know. Every bit of knowledge, tips, tactics I got, I'm glad to be able to share them with anyone (I'm not waving that RP flag either). The new wave is meant to become better than the former one, that's also my goal.

So please, don't tryna put yourself in my position, thanks in advance.
    Point taken.

honestly, I think you don't understand some of the problems other MA's have, not because of the skill difference, but because of the internet difference... And thats not your fault.

I know you mentioned sync, but, when a swap takes 4 seconds instead of instantaneous, it's a biiiiig difference.

not your fault mate.

What I'm getting at, is that there are a lot of people out there who can't put together a 3 second alpha, and it's not somethign you're familiar with. Consider the implicatiosn though, and this is why I bring it up:

if you can get off the 3 second alpha, but 99% of the MA population can't, and some of us are *limited* to a perk alpha because swapping just isn't an option, how do you think you would handle that vast variability in PVP?

Like, just because you can do it, doesn't mean other can, regardless of practice.

The MA toolset should be able to provide enough offence and defence to use what tools we have to produce PVP results, without swapping. Meaning, that the "traditional" method of lots of hotswaps may not work (probably wont).

Anyway, ange, I'm not saying you shouldn't be a professional, I'm just saying that your experience is different from many peoples.

... not because of the skill difference, but because of the internet difference... And thats not your fault.
    Explain that please. My take on it is this: if you have dial up, then how can you blame the other 95% who have high speed internet. Just like if you live in a packed city, how can you justify a CONNECTION issue with a GAME issue. You can't. You have a problem with connection that isn't server side, that is your problem.

...if you can get off the 3 second alpha, but 99% of the MA population can't, and some of us are *limited* to a perk alpha because swapping just isn't an option, how do you think you would handle that vast variability in PVP?
    I don't like that word CAN'T. Never did. What is his 3 second alpha, and how can he do it but we can't? No consistency, and that is key. If you say pretty much all of us can't do a perk alpha, but one-two can, then clearly that 99% has something to learn about their profession.

Have you ever asked how to do a 3 second alpha? That is a crucial question I'd ask, then ask why you have NOT practiced MA possibilities/talked in-depth with other skilled MAs.

...without swapping. Meaning, that the "traditional" method of lots of hotswaps may not work (probably wont).
    Yet again bro, what are you getting at? Swapping is something that takes time and practice, and for some it just doesn't work. Maybe they can't get the timing or can't keep the consistency, in which case we can't say the "traditional" MA style is how we should direct MOST our conversations towards.

It would be the exact same to saying to be a great enforcer, you must be a trox one who uses MR and goes 1HB. And then just ignore all the other possibilities. You can't just talk about "traditional" and rule out everyone ideas.

Anyway, ange, I'm not saying you shouldn't be a professional, I'm just saying that your experience is different from many peoples.
    MANY others? I would like to know your experience among all the MAs you've talked to. I know in games where a certain class/profession/character type was flawed. Most people would say it is weaker, it is unbalanced, or it lacks something special that keeps everyone else competitive.

There isn't just one style of MA fighting, and you will adjust your tactic to what is best for you. If you struggle with MA, change up your tactics, ask questions from other MAs, and keep active with improvement. If not, consider another profession which fits your style better. If this isn't what you want to hear, I feel bad.

What reality do you want? The one where we are MOSTLY "traditional" MAs, on crap connections, fighting with subpar tactics and alphas? Even if YOU feel we are, keep improving or move to a profession where you feel more comfortable with.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

I think a good point to make is that an MA prof from RK1 (or any prof that is) will have less votes by default because of the population of their server.

Neccoz may think self-embelishment is stupid, but how would a candidate from RK1 get votes from us RK2'ers if we do not at least get to know a bit about what they can do and offer?

Can’t say I am interested in knowing who can swap fastest, who got fast connection, who had the biggest breakfast, who gives the best cybor..
    (Well..mabye the cybor part, but thats beside the point )
    I'm more interested in who will represent ma's best in both pvp and pvm.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Can’t say I am interested in knowing who can swap fastest, who got fast connection, who had the biggest breakfast, who gives the best cybor..
    (Well..mabye the cybor part, but thats beside the point )
    I'm more interested in who will represent ma's best in both pvp and pvm.
    Word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Neccoz may think self-embelishment is stupid, but how would a candidate from RK1 get votes from us RK2'ers if we do not at least get to know a bit about what they can do and offer?
    I'm fine with that. Telling who you are isn't the same as saying how good you are. There is a huge gap between those two things, and I'm afraid Noobas was in the second category. I hate boasting whereas introducing yourself is totally different. So I do agree on what you are saying, Gatester, but not on what was done by Noobas. But does it really import? That's MY opinion. People might vote on professionals that show the most epeen or the ones that are the gimpest and therefore represent them better, that's up to everyone on a personal level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

+10 for best Professional drama so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Funcom employee Moving post

That's just great... 5 Pages of personal attacks... so that's what's going to help FC decide who to pick...
    I'd suggest a separate list of candidates for RK1 and RK2 (DNW seems to be lacking sufficient population, let alone candidates, or even forum users on the English board), as next to none of the people on RK1 know the people on RK2 and vice versa (aside for a few encounters on the Test dimension).

If I still played, and if Vlain was still active, he'd get my vote, but as I understand he just quit due to being completely and totally ignored by some FC personnel (PM's to Means too iirc) for a l∞ng period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    And we all know that apart from Critical, nobody's really going to get as much vote as Ange.
    Quote Originally Posted by No4Sniper View Post
    ...Second off, I nominate either Criticaldmg (if he even plays anymore)...
    I've left AO several months ago, due to way too many game related issues (I wrote them a small essay on the subscription cancellation page, which I'm sure no one has ever, nor will ever read...), none of which were MA specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by •my account status•
    Status
    Cancelled by user (2009-09-06 11:05:18)
    This account is playable until the end of your current subscription cycle (2009-09-09 21:29:26)
    I just hope for whatever MAs that are still playing, that the new professionals won't quit the game a short while after election...

Hell... I don't even know why I check these boards at least once a week...
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    That's just great... 5 Pages of personal attacks... so that's what's going to help FC decide who to pick...
    I just wanted to chime in to say that we aren't picking - You guys are. =) First you choose who to nominate by sending in an email, and then we publish a list of candidates. After that, you guys get to vote and select your next Professionals. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I just wanted to chime in to say that we aren't picking - You guys are. =) First you choose who to nominate by sending in an email, and then we publish a list of candidates. After that, you guys get to vote and select your next Professionals. =)
    Thanks for clearing that up Kintaii. An actual list of MAs for candidates is a true AO democrazy (not democracy). I guess the 5 pages of insults have resulted in no victory.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Wow, I gotta say, that was impressive guys. Can we nudge this out-of-control, downhill careening cart back on track, maybe?

And for the record, Oddwuaya and I have only ever had one conversation. It was memorable, to say the least.

Those wishing to have a conversation about it can find me in pm's.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 6th, 2009 at 03:10:33.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

i vote ange
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Infinitynova
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique - 220.23.66 [1][2] - [E] - [After "Balancing"]

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Shookwon View Post
    Infinitynova
    Bump, if hes willing
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    And for the record, Oddwuaya and I have only ever had one conversation. It was memorable, to say the least.
    So does that mean you'll finally unban him from the forums so he can be nominated as professional?
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

my vote would go to CriticalDmg or Vlain, please come back guys : (
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

Quote Originally Posted by nijushio View Post
    my vote would go to CriticalDmg or Vlain, please come back guys : (
    I mean no offense, as I would love to nominate those two aswell, but can we please not waste time and votes on inactive, frozen candidates please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast