Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Professionals Program

I'm in, that's all there is to it, sorry for not saying it earlier on.
    I'll let people make their own choice now.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

There used to be more than one professional, is it not ? Does it say explicitely that there will be only one professional ? In my opinion one is not enough to fully represent the whole profession, although if he's nice enough he'll listen to the community before speaking for it. I like Ange and I'd fully entrust him with the program, but I see two problems with his candidature as well. The major one is that he isn't a candidate, that'a serious drawback. The second one, that to my knowledge Ange is pure 220 pvp, so he wouldn't be able to voice the concerns of lower TLs or pvm MAs that well. But maybe I'm mistaken here. Anyway he knows a lot about the profession as a whole, and has earned the respect of all the community already.

But for the moment it seems we have only one candidate, Noobastank. I'd have loved to see more people up for the task, but I can't blame anyone for not willing to commit too much. I'd have seen Vlainstrike also doing it, too bad he quit (but I'm not sure he wanted anything to do with Means team after all that has happened anyway).

EDIT : damn you Ange, for posting while I wrote my message ! It's now completely obsolete. Don't feel like writing it again though.

One professional should be an "expert" of the profession, the other should be experienced but with good people skills and a calm nature for discussion.

Nothing wrong with Noobas being one of the two profs unless you guys feel the need to have two PVP mastering MA profs and also feel Noobas is not experienced enough on his MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    I'm in, that's all there is to it, sorry for not saying it earlier on.
    I'll let people make their own choice now.
    That's all I needed to hear :P

I have yet to meet a pvp MA as skilled as you. And you know the PVM side of it too...
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

@ neccoz, lheanne

REad my post, there is no embellishment, there is no self promotion.

There is the announcement that: if there is no other MA representative stepping forward then I will take the responsibility.

Self promotion my ass. please read before you start making snide comments and degrading the quality of "offering to take the responsibility". You guys are so self absorbed that you can't even recognize when someone is offering to provide a service, it's not about: I am hot sh!t so vote for me; it's about: We haven't yet seen a rep take the responsibility, so I will do it if noone else wants to.

So, Please try to tone down the "Self promotion blah blah blah", and start understanding that you don't need to belittle people to make yourself look smart. You can easily look a lot smarter by making observant and objective comments.

As for Ange, I did not see that you had made any intention of becoming a rep.

I'll vote for you, but, as others have posted here, you *are* 100% PVP driven, so, I may maintain the nomination based on the need for a representative at lower levels and for PVM aspects. Especially because I spend most of my time on TL5, I've got a solid understanding of how well they are functioning at lower levels.

@Gatester I'm don't know why you said that I don't know MA well enough, I field so many questions from people from the beginning right through to endgame about MA's, and I know them better than any other prof. Saying I don't know it is pure subjective, erroneous, and unsubstantiated. The only reason people percieve me to be "not as good" is that I don't have as good timing as Ange, which, it would seem as soemthign to do with where I play: on a 1.5-4 second lagging network in australia. So, whatever unsubstantiated claims you have about me not knowing the prof, please adress me privately, or hold your tongue.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 00:02:11.

First off, who the hell is this ange person? Second off, I nominate either Criticaldmg (if he even plays anymore) or Oddwuaya (if Annarina can stop loving him so much) from rk1, since those are the only ma's worth mentioning to listen to from rk1. I'd like to see someone who pvps just like me, and understands the way I play this profession. I pvp in a cookie cutter pvp MA setup (high def/medium off, SA/AS/Tear related), not in those random ass carebear setups (dual shens in pvp, pure bow, pure nr8) that don't work. I'd like to see someone who is the best at pvp, and knows pvm fairly well, but not pure pvm (gotta master pvm in order to master pvp). So which one of you MA's are my best vote for the rk2 spot on the professional team?
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

Quote Originally Posted by No4Sniper View Post
    First off, who the hell is this ange person? Second off, I nominate either Criticaldmg (if he even plays anymore) or Oddwuaya (if Annarina can stop loving him so much) from rk1, since those are the only ma's worth mentioning to listen to from rk1. I'd like to see someone who pvps just like me, and understands the way I play this profession. I pvp in a cookie cutter pvp MA setup (high def/medium off, SA/AS/Tear related), not in those random ass carebear setups (dual shens in pvp, pure bow, pure nr8) that don't work. I'd like to see someone who is the best at pvp, and knows pvm fairly well, but not pure pvm (gotta master pvm in order to master pvp). So which one of you MA's are my best vote for the rk2 spot on the professional team?
    Ange is the better choice for PVP, he has an outstanding record vs the best of the best on RK2.

I'll maintain my commitment to the MA community for anything other than PVP related matters.

Lmao though. You wanna see someone who PvPs just like you ?
    You must be awesome. Have you ever seen me PvPing 'fore you claim that I'm one random guy that says he likes to PvP but probably runs around with Shens or MK6 Tiger coupled with NR8 ?

You nominate people from your dimension without knowing the rest of the MAs around. I remember duelling one of your RK1 MA who was said to be one of the best. He didn't last long if you wanna know. It doesn't mean anything indeed, MA vs MA duels, I agree, but the difference was clearly huge, and he was impressed. If you don't know me that's cool, if you don't vote for me I don't care and I can almost understand it, but don't let your ignorance prevail on something related to a whole community (a vote that will benefit not only you but many other people). Without saying I'm the only one from RK2 you could vote for of course. At least, try to consider someone from another dimension. You got SA/AS/SO ? Not even Ice Arrows ?

And, I don't wanna discuss the matter but there's one thing that has been continually said throughout this Thread ... I'm all about PvP. Yeah right, nowadays I'm all about PvP that's true, but I, like anyone else, had to go through PvM stuff. I had to team people, I farmed a lot various bosses, I killed everything a MA could kill when it comes to solo PvM on a MA, I know how to level fast, the pros and cons of playing a PvM MA. I agree that we could use two professionals though.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Angevil is the MA skilled enough that even when he is pissing me off and arguing with me I can't help but respect him

Considering the reputation I likely have on the forums that should be saying something

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    One professional should be an "expert" of the profession, the other should be experienced but with good people skills and a calm nature for discussion.

Nothing wrong with Noobas being one of the two profs unless you guys feel the need to have two PVP mastering MA profs and also feel Noobas is not experienced enough on his MA.
    I agree with Gatester here.

hmmm....that sounded so wrong.....

But what he said. I think Ange is clearly one very strong choice, and gets my vote too. If and when we are going to have 2 profs, the 2nd one should be somebody that focuses more on other areas than pure (TL7)pvp too. And I think its very important to have good people skills, as Gatester said, so that communicating both with devs and MA community would be easier and clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    @Gatester I'm don't know why you said that I don't know MA well enough, I field so many questions from people from the beginning right through to endgame about MA's, and I know them better than any other prof. Saying I don't know it is pure subjective, erroneous, and unsubstantiated. The only reason people percieve me to be "not as good" is that I don't have as good timing as Ange, which, it would seem as soemthign to do with where I play: on a 1.5-4 second lagging network in australia. So, whatever unsubstantiated claims you have about me not knowing the prof, please adress me privately, or hold your tongue.
    Lol I just realized you said this, mostly because you did not use quotes.

I did not say that I said you would be a valid choice unless "everyone else" thought you were terrible at playing your MA. You can edit that out if you want, I'll even toss this post out

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    That's your opinion.
    And I didn't state that as anything else. I said where MY vote would go.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    @ neccoz, lheanne

REad my post, there is no embellishment, there is no self promotion.
    Again, on two posts you wrote, I didn't read past the few first line that I already got enough. And you know I have nothing against you, the few times we talked ingame, it was more than friendly, even if it was after I murdered you in Camelot. In fact, I was the one giving you tips if I am not mistaken. However, I do not wish to be a professional, I saw what it leads to to have a commitment to things outside the game, through a friend, and I don't like the fact I could end up commiting myself to it more than to what's really important, namely, play the game, and commit myself to my org and friends, rather than spending my life on forums.

However, what I wanted to say at first, at the second YOU created a thread, with RED BOLDED HUGE text, it became self promotion. YOU talk about YOURSELF, and how much YOU would fit the job. (Or at least I think, as I said, I didn't read the entire post) If you want to argue about the fact it's self promotion, then look at your thread and the support you have, and look at Ange's no-thread and the support he has.

First off, who the hell is this ange person?
    Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    {edited by Anarrina: original post deleted}
    {removed remark specific to deleted post} The sort of "racism" between dimensions is just plain stupid. I mean, we are not electing someone that is going to be our friend and use our ideas in a sneaky way because we tossed them in game. Friend or not, what we need is the best and the more eloquent, and as much as I agree Ange is far from the more eloquent, he remains the best. I would rank him at the top, along with Fudokan, Snoop and Hameleon, and I know how much that means to him and most of the other MAs. Fact is, I have hated and like Ange, our "relationship" has been upside down for a long time, and we've fought on forums a LOT. Yet, I respect him and do not discriminate his skills unlike you two.

So yeah, focus on the fact a professional MIGHT help us, not on the fact it'll enlarge your friend/Dimension's epeen.

Second off, I nominate either Criticaldmg (if he even plays anymore) or Oddwuaya
    And this is what we don't need also. AFK professionals. We saw that with the last two we had. Or maybe last 4 actually...

I wish Vlain was still active, and that he would finally get himself to accept such a "burden". He was the one that would be the BEST OF THE BEST when it comes to adding writing skills, ideas and ingame knowledges, aswell as listening to people's opinions. Sadly he is gone, because FC hasn't been listening or answering to A SINGLE of his ideas, of his PMs, of his Questions.

Anyway, just a little point I wanted to add before I go nuts and make an essay. We need a professional that would be the most knowledgeable, BUT, and this is a really dangerous thing, that would actually listen to the MA community. Our professional needs to be the voice of the profession, not just his voice. If he thinks, with all his knowledge that what we need is a stick with sneak attack, and that the whole community, except him want a throwing star that shoots flowers, then, he should go for the flowers if he didn't, in a discussion post about it, manage to make the community understand it is not the best choice. I know it sounds silly, but I'm sure you guys understood where I was trying to go.

Gl guys, and sorry Ange, I am unlikely to be bothered sending a mail, so you lose one voice right here... Unless I see a reason to do so, such as people electing afk people, but I doubt they are going to put the evolution of the votes public.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 6th, 2009 at 02:16:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sleincour View Post
    Infinitynova?
    ^^Thats who it was, dude deff knows his stuff
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

i donno who to vote for.. rk2 ma use shens or tiger.. lol..

jk..

Angevil make us uber i vote for joo for ma prof !

Let's not forget the fact, that this "Professional" is ment to be our collective voice... all of us not-professionals will still be heard in here, like always, and people know who to believe in and whose tips/thoughts are valuable. And there are plenty of us around (I'd like to see myself as one ). Best knowledge comes via debate. That's all. Good luck to all, who are being nominated. Peace

Frankly, choosing MA professionals should have nothing to do with knowing who's da really best really really inside. And it should not be a war between people that play a certain style against others. It's hard enough to find active MAs now without having to divide us into factions and compete against each other in a useless showoff. I support Ange, not because he is Mr Awesomeness with a big duel title, but because he is 1 - nice 2 - very knowledgeable 3 available and willing to commit.

hmm. ok fine.

Then I'll edit my first post to make it more "other-candidate-freindly"

I wouldn't mind Necc for MA professional

I didn't ask anyone to fight for me though, Noobast. You asked for any other candidate to post here so everybody would have the choice. I didn't ask for anything, my first post lasted three lines, unlike your essay. Not my fault.

@no4 sniper: reread the first post. It will give you a basic idea of who the current nominees are.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast