Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acrobat Perk Actions

I'm not saying that there was never a gap with dance of fools, I'm saying that increasing it further is idiotic. If they intend to make changes to the acrobat perkline, they could at least try to reduce that gap instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Advies shoul've never had access to acrobat at all
    this

tbh advies might be entitled to acrobat as the hybrid profession they are.
    the misstake made tho is that they get the full perk lines as a hybrid profession.
    in no other game is a hybrid as good as the purist on the same skills and its what makes it OP.
    i cant see anyone complain if advies for example had acces to acrobat 3 but not 4.
    its the combination of getting all the perklines together to a max lvl that makes it OP.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

There's no area where advs are better (or as good) than specialized professions. But they are often the 2nd best in these areas which make them really good.

Acrobat is only seen as OP because of perk actions. When PvP won't rely so much on perk alpha it will be a bit less powerful. It doesn't mean that acrobat is fine as it is tho but nerfing this line would have too many consequences on various profs.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by DaChain View Post
    You can't possibly ask for more evades as an advie, when you are are /disco in front of apts in the battle station and don't say you are poor in PVM when you can kite dreads with no problems please be realistic Glar !!
    The original suggestion...
    • Does not increase evades. ***
    • Gives L100-L139 Acrobat professions a boost.
    • Starts a conversation, though not an overly constructive one so far.

*** Does not increase evades: Today if Limber and DoF are stacked, the Acrobat profession gets +1000 evades. With the proposed change, they still get +1000.

What it does is even out Limber and Dance of Fools. Why would this be helpful at all? Dance of Fools is a massive +800 evades. No question that a player with Dance of Fools running is going to be hard to hit. Limber is +200 evades. This will make the profession harder to hit, extremely hard to hit for support professions.

My theory is if Limber was brought up to +500 and Dance of Fools down to +500, and Attack Rating was increased as part of the overall balancing processes it would eliminate the window where an Acrobat profession would be completely evading everything while Dance of Fools was running. The loss of the "limber window" would be compensated for by boosting the offense of other players or by other tweaks to evades.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Make it so that acrobat and biococoon can only be perked halfway by adventurers, then yes this would be an idea.

Honestly, Adventurers do have everything. If they're supposed to be a hybrid of everything - reasonable at everything but not better - then surely their perks should reflect that as well, in that they have a larger variety of perk choices, but can't train them all as far as other professions?

But no to this improved Acrobat line if it's going to further Overpower Adventurers, no matter what impact it may have on Fixers, MAs, and shades.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Only reasons I can think of for funcom giving adventurers having access to acrobat really is:

a) Multi-ranged buff looked like something good to give them and they didn't know how potent the specials where.

b) Funcom likes giving adventurers everything

because it just makes no sense, I still think it should be removed from them... or change their specials they get from it to MR buffs.

Only change I would suggest is to give all professions either acces to bio shielding or acrobat, not both - Advies should stay as they are to prevent pvm nerfing ( sorry pvpers )

p.s no I dont have an advy
    Dear developers,

Rock is OP, paper is fine.

-Yours faithfully, Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    The original suggestion...
    • Does not increase evades. ***
    • Gives L100-L139 Acrobat professions a boost.
    • Starts a conversation, though not an overly constructive one so far.

*** Does not increase evades: Today if Limber and DoF are stacked, the Acrobat profession gets +1000 evades. With the proposed change, they still get +1000.

What it does is even out Limber and Dance of Fools. Why would this be helpful at all? Dance of Fools is a massive +800 evades. No question that a player with Dance of Fools running is going to be hard to hit. Limber is +200 evades. This will make the profession harder to hit, extremely hard to hit for support professions.

My theory is if Limber was brought up to +500 and Dance of Fools down to +500, and Attack Rating was increased as part of the overall balancing processes it would eliminate the window where an Acrobat profession would be completely evading everything while Dance of Fools was running. The loss of the "limber window" would be compensated for by boosting the offense of other players or by other tweaks to evades.
    If it's not broke, dont' fix it (i.e. the cycle between the two so there is a window of weakness).

If it is too powerful, nerf it (i.e. stacking limber and dof).
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123