Thread: Restoring Agent's identity. hmm, what?

Restoring Agent's identity. hmm, what?

Ok, I realize the title is a bit wierd, but I realized that agents don't have much identity because they are the False Professionals.

But, my point is this, Give all profs different Aimed shot scales.

And, give agents the top scaling rank, followed by all the other profs.

For example, let agents keep 95 skill as the amount needed for an increase of 1 multiplier, BUT, make other profs depending on their traditional abilities have higher skills needed to reach the same multiplier.

Consider:

An agent, an assassin, skilled in the arts of concealment and spying. quietly crouches, takes aim, and fires a life threatening shot.

An adventurer, running, in morphed form evading hits and dodging bullets, who, in a split second turns and fires, but, has no time to aim, and, instead of a life threatening hit, only grazes the target.

Why would the adventurer cap the hit the same as an agent? It makes no sense.

So, I propose: Let the 3 second aimed shot cast act as a crit multiplier, so that:

at 3 seconds you gain all your crit multiplier, but, you could fire an instantaneous Aimed shot, which would hit the target, but at a far lower multiplier.

For example, from 0 seconds to 3 second you could simply interpolate the Multiplier, resulting in in a greater hit IF you were willing to take aim longer.

IMO, aimed shot should have longer potential on certain weapons, AND, require different lengths of time and have different maximum multipliers.

For example, a rifle could have a longer maximum setup time, (4 seconds), but have an unlimited multiplier, BUT, a pistol would only have a 1 second setup time, but only have a maximum multiplier of 6X (for example)

Depending on the attack time and class of weapon, the length of setup would be proportional, and the multiplier would be similarly related.

So you're saying I can one shot professions if I just wait long enough?

If not, then it's not much of a benefit.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    So you're saying I can one shot professions if I just wait long enough?

If not, then it's not much of a benefit.
    Well, what I'm saying is that agents should regain the advantage of being aimed shot masters.

What I'm saying is aimed shot IS an uber special, but it's just not setup in a good way.

As an agent, sultry, how do you feel about some nab advy running around with a pistol who can do the same damage you do with your best special?

My point is, is that pistols are pistols, and rifles are rifles, and the same special attack should in no way be equal on them.

If anything, pistols should have faster attacks, hard hitting bursts, low check on flingshot, and maybe bullet upgrades and shorter range, or deleterious effects of range on the dodge check...

But, aimed shot? Really? I mean, if you want to AIM a pistol, and you're an experienced shooter, it should take only a couple of seconds, max, but, due to the short barrel on a pistol it should NEVER have the same accuracy over distance that a real rifle has.

So, I think one way to return agents to the "sniper" status that they SHOULD enjoy, I think FC should attempt to tone down the aimed shot ability, or at least modify it on pistols to accurately reflect what could be seen as real drawbacks to using them, simultaneously restoring agents to be the top aimed shot users.

IMO, some bows could have high aimed shot capacity, and so could some shotguns. but tbh, it irks me to see doctors, who are obviously NOT aimed shot masters capping hits on people, it's retarded.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 26th, 2009 at 02:49:35.

It's an interesting concept though I doubt Funcom would adopt it due to the whi... ehem behest of the rest of the community.

Beyond that I don't eve know if it's possible with current game mechanics. I don't know if a timer for them is on/off or if something can trigger during a timer etc.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    It's an interesting concept though I doubt Funcom would adopt it due to the whi... ehem behest of the rest of the community.

Beyond that I don't eve know if it's possible with current game mechanics. I don't know if a timer for them is on/off or if something can trigger during a timer etc.
    good point, I was thinking a double click type of action, with a instant lock out of 1 second or something. So, click AS which then stuns self for 1 second during the non-interupt period, and then stun is gone after 1 second and the aimed shot is ready to be released, BUT you can let it time for another 2-3 seconds to hit the maximum possible multiplier for that weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    good point, I was thinking a double click type of action, with a instant lock out of 1 second or something. So, click AS which then stuns self for 1 second during the non-interupt period, and then stun is gone after 1 second and the aimed shot is ready to be released, BUT you can let it time for another 2-3 seconds to hit the maximum possible multiplier for that weapon.
    That's actually fairly interesting.

Also, thanks for clarifying the intent of this change. The concept is good, but the details aren't quite there yet (like most good suggestions!).
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Wrong forum to suggest so it can very well just give FC an idea.
    I'd like to see ao going somewhere where only the profs on which it makes sense got as...Advy, Crat and Trader doesnt really make sense to me. Good, traders and crats have always been having as, but crats didnt have that awesome support for their as weapon til 2009...And Docs with a quite reliable AS is just wrong aswell.
    Reverse that AS Online madness please. You got a good suggestion here.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

I totally agree that agent should have some "special" benefit from AS.

That 3 sec casting time is stupid...Ok put it in but then scale it with AS skill...Cause pro assassin like agent should be able to taget and shot target lot faster then 3 sec or faster then fu***** dock or engi....

Or even better make it from 5 sec to 1 sec depending on AS skill.

doc/engi/advy and other professions alike shouldnt have same AS like agent...Just like solider have FA and noone else can use it near as effective as solider, thats how agent should have AS more effective then anyone else.

seriously i dont know how they see agent in future killing anything? our perks are slow(new perks are bit faster but still not enough) AS will be slow too and possible to interrupt/miss. i guess we will still be able to kill poor keepers.
    Last edited by MyGift; Oct 26th, 2009 at 11:48:03.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

agent should defenately be master of Aimed Shot since its the only class that has a high AS buff, since agent uses AS pre SL and i could even make u a list why agent should be one of the few classes that are allowed to use AS capped and with the fastest recharge, but i guess it will be only waste of time, waste of patience and waste of talent , since FC doesn`t give to much importance to ballancing the game. It allways was a proffesion that was way more uber than the other in Anarchy Online, they seem to concentrate their powers on soldiers now and who knows who is next.

Anyway, its very sad to see that Anarchy Online transformed itself into AimedShot Online, i even saw some NT`s swapping for AS ... how insane is that !
    Izso - 220 - 25 - agent - MIA
    Dreamforce - 220 - 20 - adv - retired
    Prioria - 220 - 21 - ma - retired (RK1)
    Live your life ... Die by my hand and you will not suffer

Now that various other offenses are being fixed, how about you just make Aimed Shot an Agent only special like Backstab is Shade and Adventurer only.

Or, make Agents the only ones that can hit higher than multiplier of say, 5. Or something.

There, fixed.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Now that various other offenses are being fixed, how about you just make Aimed Shot an Agent only special like Backstab is Shade and Adventurer only.

Or, make Agents the only ones that can hit higher than multiplier of say, 5. Or something.

There, fixed.
    I suggested this 3 months ago, and got a reasonable response.

But I think this suggestion is better.. to have limits on weapons for AS multipliers.

It's much more appropriate. there shoul djust be a MBS for AS, so, like on a pistol class wep, the MBS for AS is only 950, which would give a max multiplier of 10, for example, which is far more reasonable.

Furthermore, then they could make new modifiers for it too, like, if MBS<1500 then check dodge range 75% to hit. Which would at least then give more benefit to having a high AS skill, but, it won't just be:
    LOLpwndkxthnx4vp&solozpointsbaigimp

The agent's identity is the ability to mimic others and adapt.

It is not "teh mastar of AS!!!11"
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post

this... sad thing is that tl7 agent has an same identity as tl4 fr00b though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post

I would say profession that have AS support via researchs,perks,buffs,armor(specialy ofab chest with 80 as) should be master of it ....
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

I dunno, I wouldn't mind seeing an agent drop a several million point AS like you see NTs occasionally do with their Detonation Matrix nuke. In PvM, of course.

PvP they seem fine from my limited observation of them, but PvM they seem to need a bit of help in the DD department, but the changes listed to AS as it sits might be worth it. We need to see what happens to AS first from the preliminary changes FC planned before we go into what needs to change for it. Ebondevil and I both seem to be in accord that the planned changes currently may not be a bad thing, so wait and see.

Remember that Means and Co. (TM) are currently doing one of the most difficult things possible: Rewrite the entire game from the ground up while folks are still playing it. Adjustments will surely be needed

I feel that the agents identity is concealment, we should have some ways to conceal ourselves better...

Add a nano that makes us immune to "TAB"?

LoL. Indeed ! ))))))

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    I would say profession that have AS support via researchs,perks,buffs,armor(specialy ofab chest with 80 as) should be master of it ....
    Should be good at it, but who wants to be a one-trick pony? Agents are far more fun and interesting than Snipers. Most classes toolsets are through their nanos that define what they do, and our entire toolset is based upon this.

Not saying agents shouldnt have AS, but being a fragile AS cannon is just boring gameplay, and it infringes on other classes identity as "Squishy Ranged DPS" (NT)
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

bump ...