Thread: About the Balance that Means posted

About the Balance that Means posted

I wold like to now 2 things about the perk changes you posted.

1 Why are all advy perks mostly 45% def check?? Is that a bug or intended? Also some profesions will get insande dd from there perks and ad damege per hit maiking shades who were a top DD class in pvm and in pvp lose there place after me. Especialy with all perks having 1 sec or 2 sec atack time.

2 Why is Gore kick from enfo a 10% def check?? Did someone mistyped? or what couse landing a -1.1k init debuf and 2 sec stun on enithing without MR is abit overdowing it.

Also plz reconsider abit about the nano skils vs nano rezist check.... Becouse most C scout wearing profesions can achive 2.6 nano skils while stil wearing defens setup if they push it they can get 2800 nano skils. And most profesions get with sacrifice 2.1-2.6k nr. I'm refering here to most evade profesions who will be a eazzy alpha for them since they dont have a heal on demand, evades are abit broken vs pets if trimmers are used right, or a absorb (except if it is a nanomage).
    Last edited by Litleangel; Oct 23rd, 2009 at 10:58:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Litleangel View Post
    Also plz reconsider abit about the nano skils vs nano rezist check.... Becouse most C scout wearing profesions can achive 2.6 nano skils while stil wearing defens setup if they push it they can get 2800 nano skils. And most profesions get with sacrifice 2.1-2.6k nr. I'm refering here to most evade profesions who will be a eazzy alpha for them since they dont have a heal on demand, evades are abit broken vs pets if trimmers are used right, or a absorb (except if it is a nanomage).
    Even if your nano resist numbers are rather low, that still doesn't mean 100% check nanos will always land.

My Keeper had 2k NR without any sacrifice at all unless you call spending IP a sacrifice.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Also some profesions will get insande dd from there perks and ad damege per hit maiking shades who were a top DD class in pvm and in pvp lose there place after me. Especialy with all perks having 1 sec or 2 sec atack time.
    Shades are the only profession who has perk attacks that greatly effect damage. Going from maybe 3k to 6k damage every 60 seconds for a couple perks will not suddenly boost their DPS over shades who have 30 and 40 second refreshing high DD perks.

The only ones I see getting a good deal of damage boosting in perks, in the sense that they can use their perks more often now, is agents. Agents will not be taking the top DD rank, do not worry.

Quote Originally Posted by litleangel View Post
    why are all advy perks mostly 45% def check??
    Two of the five Adventurer perks with proposed changes to atk/def checks have 45% Dodge PLUS 45% Evade Clsc def checks in the posted change documentation. Currently the three Ferocity of Nature actions check 100% Strength vs 5% or 10% Evade Clsc.

So take an Adv with 1000 Strength, 2500 1he and 500 AAO attempting to use Devour on a target with 2000 evade/dodge/duck and 1000 AAD.

Now: 1500 attack vs 1200 def = Success!

After change: 3000 attack vs 2800 def = Success!

Not really a big deal.

Thks scum so not really a big change to perks. But why do only a few profesions get acces to perks with 80% or 90% def check ? and not all ? Since as i can remmber enfos advys and yes eventit engys can get nice ar ( i now some engys maneged 3.3k ar ).

Also is it right for enfos to have a perk with 10% nr check vs 100% ar ? No offens but it seems a real killer vs evade profesions

Thks scum so not really a big change to perks. But why do only a few profesions get acces to perks with 80% or 90% def check ? and not all ? Since as i can remmber enfos advys and yes eventit engys can get nice ar ( i now some engys maneged 3.3k ar ).

Also is it right for enfos to have a perk with 10% nr check vs 100% ar ? No offens but it seems a real killer vs evade profesions
    This is a tricky argument. Enforcers are supposed to be in your face bash and smash hurt you lots professions, which would be fine if it wasn't for the considerable defenses they can achieve along with that.

In fact, from a personal standpoint, I'd have no problem with Enforcers being able to perk absolutely anybody with all of their perks, -if- it pushed their reliance upon Support professions a lot higher, ie nerfing some healing, runspeed, the ability to laugh off a load of debuffs, etc.

But that's just my crazy kinda thinking when I'm on the beers after 36 hours without sleep.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    This is a tricky argument. Enforcers are supposed to be in your face bash and smash hurt you lots professions, which would be fine if it wasn't for the considerable defenses they can achieve along with that.

In fact, from a personal standpoint, I'd have no problem with Enforcers being able to perk absolutely anybody with all of their perks, -if- it pushed their reliance upon Support professions a lot higher, ie nerfing some healing, runspeed, the ability to laugh off a load of debuffs, etc.

But that's just my crazy kinda thinking when I'm on the beers after 36 hours without sleep.
    It is about right. Our problem with debuffs is that if they land, we lose most of our toolset. Coronet, Zap Nano, a single drain, even -20 debuffs can usually prevent enfs from casting all their top nanos except for absorb.

It is a fair weakness though, we have a high resistance, but a high vulnerability to debuffs at the same time. The other weakness ofc being high DPM or capping specials, however several upcoming nerfs and boosts are fixing a lot of AS+FA 60% health drops and AS hotswaps, so profs like MAs, Shades, and Sols should remain the ones really hurting us which seems quite fair.

I have proposed before, when our new challenger was coming out a while back, that the Challenger not be a lame minor point boost over the current lines, but instead buff AAO by like 600 and reduce our AAD by 300 or so, I can't remember exactly. There are some major issues with that though, and it would have to lockout more from us (maybe snare/root enfs) but still it seems like a better path for enfs.

Enf alpha is really just too strong if it is easy to land, but it is slowing down and getting nerfed a good bit so maybe it will actually balance out enough to where we can perk more easily.

the perk is a short time stun and has always landed on everything.. the whole perkline is pretty useless unless u count the 2 stun perks in teh line wich will be only 1 stun after changes.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

reconsider about atack in 2 sec on Concussive Shot , Agents realy need 1 sec on CS becouse its only def vs huge alphas I mean for duel , for gang its good anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Numavezi1 View Post
    reconsider about atack in 2 sec on Concussive Shot , Agents realy need 1 sec on CS becouse its only def vs huge alphas I mean for duel , for gang its good anyway .
    But those huge alphas are getting 2s attack times too.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.