Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This Was the Storyline Meeting Thread. Now... idkwtf

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    So.. It has now been over a year since we were promissed a storyline.
    where is it?
    In my pocket!
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

A meeting was held in July.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...13&postcount=1

Here is the a log of that meeting that was posted, there is also a post of the afterparty and conversations from that as well.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=578947

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=578960
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

I believe the point was - It's been a year since the meeting, 5 years since LE, and the storyline we were promised is still stuck in Neutral.

However, maybe if the Storyline just went Omni all of our problems would be solved...
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I believe the point was - It's been a year since the meeting, 5 years since LE, and the storyline we were promised is still stuck in Neutral.

However, maybe if the Storyline just went Omni all of our problems would be solved...
    ROTFLOL!! Man, you made my day, a good laugh.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

yup. I know about the meeting, but I was hoping that something would come out of it..
    I dont know, just a wild idea..but mabye a story line?
    By the way. it is now a month since we were suposed to know the outcome of the newland emblem contest
    Last edited by Gimpeline; Oct 27th, 2010 at 23:05:55.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Well there has always been a storyline. Sure it's filled with planet sized plot holes, inconsistencies, obscured and spaced out references between quests that only the ones that wrote it really understand the connections, and secrets even the creators don't fully understand. But there is a storyline.

But you need something okay. Here ya go...
    There's this really massive company called Omni-Tek and they own a lot of stuff. They get control of this planet called Rubi-ka which has this really neat stuff called Notum. Notum is like snake oil, it can be used for just about anything. Nanoprograms, energy, weapons, I hear it even makes a nice spread for toast.

So anyway, Omni starts mining Notum and treats everyone like crap in the process (cause they are really evil but nobody is suppose to know that shhhhs), so a group of workers rebel against their slave-driving bosses and for the Clans.

The Clans grow in numbers and war against some Omni for many many year, well really the war as lasted longer then most jihads but who's counting. Now Omni could just vaporize all the people off the planet and start over but there's this annoying other company called the ICC which really isn't a company more like a group of companies that form some kind of galactic government. Because the ICC has some kind of control over Omni they say "no no you can't do that" and somewhat protect the Clans. But the Clans still hate the ICC cause sometimes they have to agree with Omni cause of things called contrast and laws which the Clans just don't agree with for the most part.

So sometime in between all this fighting a bunch of Omni and Clans said, "Wow this war is going on for way too long and this is all really stupid I just want to get a little house somewhere and live out the rest of my days in peace", and then the coolest group was formed and they were called the neutrals. Now as cool as the neutrals might be most people hate them cause they don't fit neatly into the whole "good vs evil" box, so they aren't trusted.

So where was I? Oh yes the war goes on and on and on, there are small moments of peace but for the most part everyone hates everyone, and the Clans and Omni battle each other out for control of the planet. And all while this is going on people (this would be the RPers) live out their lives trying to survive and whatever it is people do.

Sure there are things like the Shadowlands and the aliens, but in the end it all boils down to life on a crazy world and people trying to make the best of it.

And that in a nut shell is the storyline. I would think you would know this already.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Best summary ever .

I'm guessing Gimpeline is asking for storyline to be added/revealed. I believe the last time some big parts of the storyline were revealed was with LoX. Though it's hard for me (as a froob) to find out about new storyline like that. I doubt s7 adds a lot to the main storyline (it's probably a mini-story on it's own though).
    Kintaii has been hinting to interesting developments in the storyline. And while it's a little mean to make us wait wondering what it could be, I do accept that he has his limitations and probably more then enough on his hands.
    And while I'm curious, it's not something that stops us from leading our lives and making/living our own little stories, like Foos said.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Kintaii has been hinting to interesting developments in the storyline. And while it's a little mean to make us wait wondering what it could be, I do accept that he has his limitations and probably more then enough on his hands.
    If I had to wager, he's probably spending all of his time sending out Resumes and didn't have time in the past year to work on his commitments to the RP community.

If I had to wager, he's probably spending all of his time sending out Resumes and didn't have time in the past year to work on his commitments to the RP community.
    Ouch.

wow, thats a spiteful snipe. :P
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

He had earned a little bit of my respect with his useful and informative posts.... it all goes away in a single insult to a Dev I respect.

Good thing we Atlanteans are more friendly and know how to work with Events Team rather than end up being banned from events, lol.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    He had earned a little bit of my respect with his useful and informative posts.... it all goes away in a single insult to a Dev I respect.

Good thing we Atlanteans are more friendly and know how to work with Events Team rather than end up being banned from events, lol.
    1) I couldn't care less about your respect.

2) He's not a member of the Events Team.

3) I'm not banned from events.

So, do us all a favor and stop acting like you're the authority on all things. Also, I'm sure any respect you had with Rimor will likely go away in a single insult by generalizing an entire server's option.

My Attitude toward him will change the same way my attitude toward Events has changed over the years, and that change comes from seeing action. As of yet I have seen nothing but hollow words given to myself personally and to the community as a whole.

If you want to pretend that that isn't the case because you call the Dev by their first names, that's fine. Have fun with that. But I'm going to remain in reality where I have always been and where I measure results less abstractly.

Before this gets off topic and turns into the fiftieth Rubi-Kan forum war, I'd just like to say that after spending a brief time chatting to Kintaii it does seem like he's taken a lot into consideration and has a lot of ideas in his head that he really wants to get implemented, such as a lovely storyline.

As for the huge gap of no storyline, well, I'd rather have a brilliant, carefully planned story than something just thrown together to keep with schedule. Most of us chatting here are all roleplayers, and I'm sure those of us that have written plots and events know that for a good one you need to write it carefully and include many possibilities that it may end up as if you're aiming for a scripted yet potentially open-ended plotline.

AO's story is a biiig, deep and incredibly complicated thing, so I have big respect for anyone who's attempting to continue it successfully.

Anyway, until then, I'm sure we're fully capable of making our own storylines with the many connections we've built over the years. Chill a little, have some fun, and as for Kintaii, he's innocent until proven guilty.
    We'll see how good he is when the storyline does finally roll out.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

A story is a very difficult thing. Its like an open heart operation. If you fail at making things work, the patient dies. If you treat it with any less attention then it deserves. Were all fans here, and I suppose we all would be upset if it doesn't work out. That being said, I'd feel way better about the situation even if he spent 3+ years on it making it epic, other than mashing ideas about and coming up with rubbish after 3+ months.

Give the guy a break, insulting him wont make it happen any sooner, and it truly doesn't help anyone's situation by offering them.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

For the record, im also getting really sick of this RK1 v RK2 RP cold war. In my experience, the only feeling I ever get of it, is that its RK1 v Pants.

I don't and have never felt it apply to me personally, and I have never heard anyone else really come forward and tell me either.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    For the record, im also getting really sick of this RK1 v RK2 RP cold war. In my experience, the only feeling I ever get of it, is that its RK1 v Pants.

I don't and have never felt it apply to me personally, and I have never heard anyone else really come forward and tell me either.
    I'm starting to think its more Pants vs. Windy.
    I really can't find a difference between the two servers when I play.

Sad too since both of them have a lot they can offer both communities.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    *flexes biceps*

Bring it on, these guns are WMD's

:P

*flexes her biceps.. and pats her lead filled teddybear fondly eyeing both Trousers and Windguaerd"

All I am going to say is dont make me go postal on you guys.

Stay on track. And that is NOT RK1 vs RK2. And never has been. The storyline is for everybody.

Enough said on this particular aspect.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

*Cheers at Ninanna*
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Well being the bitter, depressed, shell of a human that I am, I feel the need to temp faith here (and the possible swat with a lead filled teddy).

So where to start. I didn't like Pants' comment either, but I feel he does have the right to take the shot. We can talk about how hard a storyline is to write and how things take time, but on the same regard we've all been hearing about the massive upcoming changes, and have yet to see anything. Or if there has been anything it's been so obscure it's gone unnoticed. For example the pen quest tie in with LoX, yeah most people in game didn't catch it mainly cause it was so spaced out most people forgot about it.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for subtlety and not hitting the reader over the head with a hammer; however, when things are spaced out with no reference in between then guess what it's going to be missed. I know the plan was to bring things out slowly, but ya know people have been waiting so long for something, maybe that's not the best idea. Maybe it might be good to drop a few bombs and then pull it back and throw in some subtle things while folks recover.

But here's something about storyline. On a different 4th Wall thread I posted about the state of the planet with Omni and Neutrals, as explained to be by Devdas in an email a few years back. Then I was told the information was outdated. Here's something if there's going to be a change in how things work, how about at least sending out a memo so people know. I understand the game has lasted longer then expected, and there's been many changes of hands over the years. I also realize because of this some changes are not going to able to be played out. But at least let us know. It always seems a lot of times players have to use way too much guess work, only to be told that all the hard work they did was pointless cause there was a change in some storyline mechanic that FC/Events didn't feel like filling anyone in on.

As far as the storyline goes. Sure I would love to see some big massive changes. But lately more and more I've been seeing part of the issue with RP in a MMORPG is you really don't need a massive overall story arc. What's needed is a basic outline, and a state of affairs. After that everything should come down to subplots as they are much easier to follow and play along in. Sure massive story arcs work in LARP and Table Top, but this a 24/7 online game it's no where near the same. It's not like we all get together every Thursday to rp, and we pick up from where we left off.

But I digress here with that subject. Back to the Kintaii dig, okay yes I did feel the comment was a bit out of line, but I don't think a dig against Kintaii was unwarranted. Things were said, promises were made and so far none of it has seem to come to fruition. I see nothing wrong with holding someones feet to the fire in these cases. We would do it in almost every other aspect of life.

As far as the cold war goes. It's for some old wounds, and for others who like to pour salt in those wounds. And once again I will publicly say in my opinion the current Events staff has done a lot to put an end to it but treating each dim with respect and noticing their differences and acting accordingly.
    Best thing right now is Kintaii has gave us something were we can really act as a community as a whole and finally come up with some much needed source material, and RP guidelines. But the IRC channel remains dead most of the time, and the threads here are spares. And yet here we are getting upset over a comment Pants made instead of doing something productive.

Oh and Windy, as far as good Atlanteans goes, yeah don't make us start naming names. And shame on you for casting out such poor flame bait.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast