Thread: Crits? Your thoughts?

Crits? Your thoughts?

Just curious about how you all feel about the 50% crit change. I know many of us use ithacas and x-3s, but from what I've read on other threads I can't seem to get a real feel for how most of the NTs feel about this. Sure it's nice to have our nuke dmg mean more, but its going to be even -harder- to kill healers, and I know many many of us with ithacas will -need- to IPR out of them.

Please feel free to litter this thread with weapon ideas and suggestions as I myself am still brainstorming

I'm not a crit reliant NT. I used to be back in the UVC days with my dual Missile Pistols.

I welcome the crit nerf though. It will make the NT's PvP life somewhat easier.

It won't make THAT much of a diference though. We will still be on the bottom of the food chain.
    Krionis - Rising Keeper

Shandrahs - 215 NT - Retired

- Hells Heros -

I'm happy with the change. Using Ithaca atm myself tho so will probably have to change weapon. Haven't quite figured out which one i will get yet.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Welcome it but specails still own us. Since they always hit. so In PVP aginst healers and against specail weilding classes we will suck still. But its a step twowards making the fights more about skils etc instead of a button crit fest.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Lower damage+Longer Fights= Increased viability of First Aid kits.

I think I can like this!
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

I like this change a lot. Tired of dying to mad crits from professions that aren't even supposed crit that often.

I am using an X-3 so I am not crit reliant and I personally don't care much for crits. Selfbuffed I only have 4% crit chance (using TIM's hud upgrade) and my X-3 produces very good non-crit damage.

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

are they nerfing crits?
    w00p w00p!!

LOL skill? i think youve confused counter strike with this dude

u just collect items, increase ip and then its like a game of final fantasy i.e no skill watch the computer attack, aim, auto target, select a action etc. (how it would rock if you had to target nukes/guns manually and aim them- then u will need skill)

in other words therel never be any skill required in this game, its the way its designed. unfortunate but true

That might be pushing it... some skill are still needed, especially in team pvp.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Dasin

u just collect items, increase ip and then its like a game of final fantasy i.e no skill watch the computer attack, aim, auto target, select a action etc. (how it would rock if you had to target nukes/guns manually and aim them- then u will need skill)

in other words therel never be any skill required in this game, its the way its designed. unfortunate but true
    To handle manual aiming, on an environment like this would be insane, the amount of bandwidth would be such that game play would be crippled.

And there is skill out there, there is timing of when you use things, what weapons/nukes you use to attack things...how you work as a team. Thats all skill, and that is required in this game.

As for crits, yes...good. Anything which limits the damage out put of others makes the NT a more useful profession as a damage dealer. And lets hope the lowering of the evades etc on bosses means that our nuking will also become more consistant with alot lower counters.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Fling and Crit seem bugged. Anyone notice similar patterns? Is this intentional?

1547 crit dmg, 1547 Fling, 1547 crit.

I was able to produce this pattern. The way you get it to work is wait for a critical shot, then press fling and the fling will equal the crit dmg, then for some strange reason you will crit again.

As for the crit adjustment. Great! This actually puts a little more meaning to our nukes.
    Last edited by Billy Talent; Nov 4th, 2002 at 17:23:59.

you need skills to creat you char and yes u need skills to pvp.
    som peeps only think that you hafto press one button and wait, well you wont live long in a fight if u do. im not a skilled pvper and thats the reason i die allot .. yes items help but its all about chat creation and pvp skills.

yes a player whit uber items have a better chanse of winning but i dont think that a total noob could killa skilled pvper even if the noob have uber items and the skilled one only have basic items
    w00p w00p!!

the crit nerf will help the docs and the rest of the healers =/
    less damage that is easyer to heal
    w00p w00p!!

Originally posted by Vegan
    Fling and Crit seem bugged. Anyone notice similar patterns? Is this intentional?

I was able to produce this pattern. The way you get it to work is wait for a critical shot, then press fling and the fling will equal the crit dmg, then for some strange reason you will crit again.

As for the crit adjustment. Great! This actually puts a little more meaning to our nukes.
    I've noticed when fighting a mob if I crit it or it crits me and one of us attacks immediately after it (within about a quarter second) that hit will be a crit as well. I don't have Fling as an Agent, so I hadn't been able to force an attack like that to extend my critting spree. I'll have to try that and see though.

EDIT - may not be clear there soo...

What I mean is I have seen this:

Real Mean Nerfherder hits you for 3000 points of Nerf Damage.
    You hit Real Mean Nerfherder for 4000 points of Get You Back damage.

Its almost like a crit on you invokes a retaliation crit, if you can attack within a certain amount of time afterwards.
    Last edited by Miniexplicit; Nov 4th, 2002 at 17:41:54.

Interesting on the crit/fling combo. Never took the time to notice it before because I have damage turned off on chat

The crit nerf is good all around and fair to us because of our nuke damage reduction. Now, we have to see how people feel about Doc heals in PvP
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

ah jeez get real

u dont need skill to create a character you NEED TIME (and lots of it i might add)

LOL it doesnt matter how skillfull i am, some dude will always lvl up faster than me, thus be better than me, since he can increase atrribs (which need time), since he plays that much more than me

can a lvl 5 with unlimited skill (relatively speaking) beat a lvl 100 with no skill? hahaha yea right it wont mater how he times his nukes or heals hes dead

Originally posted by Vegan

A few days ago I was fighting silentman2 (200 Enf over here on RK-2) in 2h0, he critted me about 1700, or close to it I believe. Really hurt... seems un-usually high for pvp..

Any the 50% in pvp is great, can't wait until tomorrow.
    nifertu

ah jeez get real

u dont need skill to create a character you NEED TIME (and lots of it i might add)

LOL it doesnt matter how skillfull i am, some dude will always lvl up faster than me, thus be better than me, since he can increase atrribs (which need time), since he plays that much more than me

can a lvl 5 with unlimited skill (relatively speaking) beat a lvl 100 with no skill? hahaha yea right it wont mater how he times his nukes or heals hes dead
    how good is your first char?
    my 2 first chars suckt, then i learnd how to play the game and how to creat my NT, and this one is kinda good now :P

and ther is a reason why a lvl 5 cant pvp a lvl 100..

but if a lvl 200 n00b would duel a lvl 200 HC pvping player the pvp player would own the 200 noob
    w00p w00p!!

lol u know what youre saying? youre saying it takes skill to spend time lvling over and over again. repeating the process until you find the best set of atributes for youre class? OMG THAT TAKES SKILL? an 8 year old could do that dude (actually he has more skill LOL just ask someone instead on the forums)