Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    ???

chaos ritual could always be launched from sneak.

if it means all other perks will no longer be able to be launced from sneak and chaoes ritual will, then maybe thats ok i suppose.

still doesn't justify dropping the dd significantly unless its a typo and its supposed to be a triple.
    DD was lowered, as was the recharge time (40s/20s iirc). Not sure if thats a blessing or a curse. It does lower the alpha, but then, it can be used more often... Guess I'd rather keep the old dd & recharge, too.

Back on topic: Yes, Mongo Rage needs to be nerfed. The arguement that low-AR professions can use it to land their perks on evade/aad profs lost a lot of its weight if said perks are moved towards NR (and aad is not counting for those perks def) and/or lowered def checks on regular non-NR-based perks.
    All that is left now are those professions that already have decent/high-AR. 1500aao is far more than what those need to perk most evade profs. And excuse me for saying so, but someone running *Stance + DoF + Limber + has a defensive setup *should* have a chance of not getting perked or hit in a ridiculous amount.

Imo, either nerf the aao amount or add additional nerfs after using it. In any case, this perk needs serious revisitation.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Either nerf it or give a breed change option so we can all go atrox in game.
    If this gona happen then i will change few toons to solitus. Easy mode ftw. Just 1 stupid PVP perk and as atrox you have much more work to get symbs and rest stuff on your self. Hotswapping ftw.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    Bump
    either add 1k less aao
    or cast 40 sec unbreakable root after usage.
    Some profs will be happy for fixers 1k AAD perk for 1min considering MR gives 1.5k AAO for few secs.
    Last edited by EIS; Oct 17th, 2009 at 10:21:37.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    Some profs will be happy for fixers 1k AAD perk for 1min considering MR gives 1.5k AAO for few secs.
    So sorry if I have to disappoint you, but things stand now, Deceptive Stances' durations will pretty much get halfed to 31-40sec.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    If this gona happen then i will change few toons to solitus. Easy mode ftw. Just 1 stupid PVP perk and as atrox you have much more work to get symbs and rest stuff on your self. Hotswapping ftw.
    This... I would not even think twice about it...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    1) Forums Team have been instructed this forum should be moderated with an iron head.
    Is this an admission that moderating these forums are very much akin to bashing ones head against the wall?

whats the point of nerfing it? works only when you gank someone.. tbh.. if your gonna nerf it nerf the name too then whats the point of having name like "Mongo rage" if it's not going to do anything should be "Mongo Moan" or something like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromotor View Post
    Is this an admission that moderating these forums are very much akin to bashing ones head against the wall?
    Freudian slip. Ahem. Carry on.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post
    The drawback is that its an all or nothing perk.
    I think the problem is more that the classes are terrible without this perk, moreso than this perk makes them overpowered.

The "Imbalances" of classes using MR should really be considered the standard, or MR should be removed but defence checks altered so this is the level these classes perform at.
    This makes a lot of sense. Atrox Keepers with this perked have a far greater chance of killing various people (or debuffing them, then killing them) than any other breed. This is due to the rather broken nature of perk reliant professions so I imagine Shades are in the same boat as well.

MR is all or nothing because all offensive perks are all or nothing. They really shouldn't be.

Besides, MR ganks are easy enough to avoid 1v1 unless they're executed with some rather good timing (Hi Humle) in which case that skill should be rewarded. MR in my opinion doesn't really need a nerf (note none of the toons I took to end game are Atrox) but other things should be fixed so it doesn't stay as it is, which is a crutch for professions that as any other breed have little hope of perking people when it matters.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I agree that MR should be reduced to perhaps a 300 AAO buff, rather than the gateway to evade proff **** that is currently is.

Give the proffs who rely on it some alternate form of AR, and let the ones who just MR/12345 eat the nerf.

id really love to see MR adressed finally by FC, its clearly ridiculous and unfair compared to other genome perks,,

i can agree that shades are crap w.o it, but thats even one more reason to tune it down to the level of other breeds genome perks, allowing a general shade perk def checks tune down ( and its not the only prof were non troxes are denied love becouse it would make the trox members of their profession OPed )

+1,5k aao w.o any real drawback, breed locked, should have never happened, since you are attemping to fix issues with this games mechanics, i cant see how you could exclude this perk

or just make all ( w.o exceptions ) breed genome perks ridiculously over powered
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

if they removing MR, they should give an NPC, where we can change our breeds....
    Devil Inside

Bicsak
    Bicseng
    Bicsfix
    Csinicrat
    Restinpain
    Szoldzser
    Snipehun
    Bendixon
    Kingofdrain

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    A drawback, as implied in the description, would be great.
    it has a drawback ...
    -1k AR after the time is up and a snare. for about twice as long time as MR ran itself.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Remove or redesign it please. We shouldn't be forced to play atroxes to perk someone or to play in defensive setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkmc View Post
    Remove or redesign it please. We shouldn't be forced to play atroxes to perk someone or to play in defensive setup.
    agreed.. Mongo Rage is silly.. i myself refuses to perk it cause its just a boring 1 button to make ur profession viable.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

wtb cib + acrobat nerf then. lower stance to 300aad and dof to 200evades and limber to 100.
    MR gives change to kill some evade profs without AS needed.
    many good pvper can survive MR when they see text on others head MONGO RAGE they run or stun
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Of course, it should be same time as all get a chance to hit evaders. Just redesign perks system to similar regular hits or NanoResist. More AR you have, more chances to land perks, not how it going now - is your AR > target Def, you king of the hill, if not, you're sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    i can agree that shades are crap w.o it
    More than 70% of all lvl220 shades are crap by definition then (and it was more than 90% before the removal of "must be behind" requirements on the PM perks). Yeah, nothing wrong with the perk

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    wtb cib + acrobat nerf then. lower stance to 300aad and dof to 200evades and limber to 100.
    MR gives change to kill some evade profs without AS needed.
    many good pvper can survive MR when they see text on others head MONGO RAGE they run or stun
    All evade classes (that have access to cib/def stance or acrobat), apart from adv (nurf), are relatively easy to kill. They do not have many of other defensive abilities (reflects, big heals on demand, adsorbs, debuffs that significantly lower offense, etc) to add to their evades.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    More than 70% of all lvl220 shades are crap by definition then (and it was more than 90% before the removal of "must be behind" requirements on the PM perks). Yeah, nothing wrong with the perk

All evade classes (that have access to cib/def stance or acrobat), apart from adv (nurf), are relatively easy to kill. They do not have many of other defensive abilities (reflects, big heals on demand, adsorbs, debuffs that significantly lower offense, etc) to add to their evades.
    that sounds fun when NT says that who can 100% land they nukes to every1 who dont have nr8 perked.
    so why then NTs should keep their insane nr debuff? what can be used every few seconds and after that they can nuke/perk any1
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

There is nothing wrong with MR, so sick of you people thinking it's a "hello press 1 to win" button, it's dangerous in mass PvP/BS, City PvP and a benefit in duels.

So going along with FunCom's plans to balance PvP, it's already been stated that 1 vs 1 balancing is not what they are going for.
    So in terms of how the perk works in mass PvP you get a 1 chance to get a high value target, and a propper chance of death after due to the debuff.

I can't help but feeling that the majority of you nerfbats are disgruntled duel PvP players, and I don't feel sorry for you.

In terms of what FunCom wants to do with PvP, I think MR works great in a mass PvP situation. I know I'm carefull when using it, and rather opt for kiting if the situtaion allows for it. But being able to take out a evade class when needed is good, because most likely the evade class would just evade unless some MR prankster was around
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast