Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMS Idea

Quote Originally Posted by ineedamedic View Post
    Shutdown should end with AMS,just have an AMS lockdown for the extra 40 seconds,think this is very similar what the OP'd suggested before the trolls popped up and derailed.
    {edited by Anarrina: removed offtopic sentence}

i agree with this, the NSD can stop once the AMS is down, but lock AMS still for the 40 secs. so they can use something else in downtime. my "trolling" was my disagreeing with allowing nanocasting while AMS is up, allowing them to use OMHH.

when i said 5vs1 i think that was in the scenario that the sold could use omhh under ams, while combined with HD + perks, and i was saying tanking, not able to tank + kill all 5. This would be a bit of an over exaggeration in current. but i have seen solds sitting and tanking a few ppl (3+) at once, and i was on my 220 shade, so not exactly lacking damage.

lookin at OP, he says remove the -nanoskill from it so nanos can be used in between AMS, im ok with this, but removing the -nanoskill allows for casting while AMS is up. so have it when ams is down and i can agree with it
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 27th, 2009 at 19:44:56.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

That would be interesting. Currently when someone debuff reflects you are not only a sitting duck but pretty useless, besides throwing a fa before an alpha take you out. Cancelling the shield isn't a light choice, you don't have AMS until the timer is gone. Also how much time I got "rrfe plz" "wait 2min" ? Plenty.

Debuffs being shorter then AMS is can also be a choice to bite it and wait until it's out, like we do at this moment. Or you can RI, OMHH, or even piercing nerves, at the cost of being down to your regular reflect until next time.

If nothing change I don't mind, but gameplay wise there is room for improvement for solds and their teamates (especially their teamates).
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

A huge defense boost like ams should come with a huge cost. Nerf ams some and the removal of -4000 to nanoskills for a ams cooldown sounds okay to me.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Augmented Mirror Shield MK IV
    NaCost: 2050
    Bodily Invigoration
    NaCost: 1553
    /signed for bumping cost of huge defences

Quote Originally Posted by Numavezi1 View Post
    Originally Posted by Moonbolt
    a soldier with AMS up can tank 5 enforcers for 1:20

Man you j/k ? maybe he will tank 5 enfo's but dont think he will do dmg to them

No one player should be able to tank 5 people and do anything but die very fast. This is why AMS is not balanced.

5 enfs can kill solja trought ams becasuse they can disable heal delta
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Etyris View Post

No one player should be able to tank 5 people and do anything but die very fast. This is why AMS is not balanced.
    I never thought I'd say this...

AMS is balanced by NTs, Traders and Engineers. I also highly doubt 5 Enforcers couldn't kill a Soldier with AMS up, if their alpha was up. Reflecting 90% of one guy's damage, sure, but when that's then multiplied by a factor of 5? Come on.

That's almost as bad as claiming NTs tank 5 people.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post

AMS is balanced by NTs, Traders and Engineers. I also highly doubt 5 Enforcers couldn't kill a Soldier with AMS up, if their alpha was up. Reflecting 90% of one guy's damage, sure, but when that's then multiplied by a factor of 5? Come on.

that clam trox NT was tanking 5ppl many times in bs. dont remember name
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    that clam trox NT was tanking 5ppl many times in bs. dont remember name
    He uses NS2 + NBG, which means he's no threat to you, Mr Soldier.

You're thinking of Djantro.

Being Atrox, if he used my setup and tactics, he'd go splat very quickly, given the Atrox damage to nano conversion.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

He uses NS2 + NBG, which means he's no threat to you, Mr Soldier.

You're thinking of Djantro.

Being Atrox, if he used my setup and tactics, he'd go splat very quickly, given the Atrox damage to nano conversion.
    yeah djantro but point was NT can tank 5ppl
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    yeah djantro but point was NT can tank 5ppl
    For 19s, while rooted, under NS2, as long as one of the 5 isn't an NT. What then?

See, people, this is what I get for defending soldiers and their tools. {edited by Anarrina: that was unnecessary}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 27th, 2009 at 00:48:05.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

For 19s, while rooted, under NS2, as long as one of the 5 isn't an NT. What then?

See, people, this is what I get for defending soldiers and their tools. {removed from original post}
    btw he standed more than 19s many times. nbg time too. blinding ppl same time and stuff. blind +wit can dodge lots stuff
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 27th, 2009 at 00:48:47.
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

See, people, this is what I get for defending soldiers and their tools. {edited by Anarrina: that was unnecessary}
    It was for nearly a minute if I remember his bragging correctly. There were lots of evade messages in there.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Regarding a trox NT tanking half of the server population at once, isn't the expression that the exception proves the rule?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

That just means solds have no defense against NT/Trade/Engi and go down very fast, or are almost unkillable when they aren't around. Is that a good game mechanic? I've been on both the recieving end and using end of AMS and in neither situation did it feel fair. Root and run only goes so far when it's so easy to break them.

I've shown a few friends who come from other MMOs that have never touched AO the ability description and they don't believe that it does what I say it does until I actually show them in the game that a nano like this exists. Then they laugh at AO. They literally laugh out loud at this game when they see me use AMS in PVM/PVP, and how long I can survive against some profs and how quick I die vs others. I defy anyone to name another MMO where a prof can reflect 80%+ damage reliably for 1:20 out of 2:00, classes that can circumvent it non-withstanding.

Maybe you can't live through 5 enfs alphaing you, but that's not the point. No class should have that kind of a blunt instrument in their toolset. AMS is too strong it's preventing from getting soldiers an actual defensive toolset tuned for situational tools.

That just means solds have no defense against NT/Trade/Engi and go down very fast, or are almost unkillable when they aren't around. Is that a good game mechanic?

Maybe you can't live through 5 enfs alphaing you, but that's not the point. No class should have that kind of a blunt instrument in their toolset. AMS is too strong it's preventing from getting soldiers an actual defensive toolset tuned for situational tools.
    1) I hope you are kidding about the unkillable from any other profession because sincerely noone will take you seriously on that and obviously you didn't participate in large scale tl7 pvp cause otherwise what you wrote would be sheer ignorance.

2) AMS is not blunt, it's a defensive NANO that is all just a defensive NANO that can be dismantled in so many pieces by so many profs, and do remember that not all soldiers go around with 4k AR, 40k HP spamming AMS 5 and resisting triples, cause that does exist only in your imagination (and some others that think soldiers can tank 5 professions at once).

3)You wanna talk about blunt instruments ? there are perks that give you 34958298429 (metaphor) evades. You can't gth, borrow, triple, nsd, ubt perks so before yapping about ams think about other people that have instantaneous defenses.

We need survivability after AMS or without using it. That's why i suggested that the -4k nano skills be taken away. It's a change that will affect soldier survivability and give him a chance to use LE nanos and counter nemesis professions.
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

Quote Originally Posted by DaChain View Post
    1) I hope you are kidding about the unkillable from any other profession because sincerely noone will take you seriously on that and obviously you didn't participate in large scale tl7 pvp cause otherwise what you wrote would be sheer ignorance.

2) AMS is not blunt, it's a defensive NANO that is all just a defensive NANO that can be dismantled in so many pieces by so many profs, and do remember that not all soldiers go around with 4k AR, 40k HP spamming AMS 5 and resisting triples, cause that does exist only in your imagination (and some others that think soldiers can tank 5 professions at once).

3)You wanna talk about blunt instruments ? there are perks that give you 34958298429 (metaphor) evades. You can't gth, borrow, triple, nsd, ubt perks so before yapping about ams think about other people that have instantaneous defenses.

We need survivability after AMS or without using it. That's why i suggested that the -4k nano skills be taken away. It's a change that will affect soldier survivability and give him a chance to use LE nanos and counter nemesis professions.
    Sigh... large scale PvP means there is likely an Engi/Trader/NT around, and they circumvent or disable AMS, which being your primary defense means you will die very fast. That's not a good mechanic. I'm not commenting from 'ignorance', please read carefully.

I actually agree with most of what you say, but instead of having survivability with or during AMS, AMS's duration should be significantly reduced and solders should have other tools so they don't have an all on or all off defense. The way things stand now may be 'balanced' by some people's viewpoint, but is not much fun.

But the mob hears you, and some of us in the mob realize how much it hurt to say what you did. And some even appreciate the fact that you did the right thing and stepped up.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

That just means solds have no defense against NT/Trade/Engi and go down very fast, or are almost unkillable when they aren't around. Is that a good game mechanic?
    Yes it is. It's called teamwork. You can scoff and tell us how much your friends from other MMOs laugh at AO but at the end of the day, it's the game that we and apparently you, choose to pay for. AO might not be the biggest MMO right now, but it has been and it's been one of the most revolutionary and there's something about AO that keeps players like me away from other MMOs and keeps people like me coming back with our hard earned cash.

I really don't care how much mirth and merriment AMS brings to non AO players. Fact is, when a Soldier is wreaking havoc, I get tells from friends and I get the opportunity to play the hero for five minutes. Just as Traders get the opportunity to play the hero when there's too many NTs around.

I've never played any other game where with some effort and a few smart button presses, not only I am elated but so are my peers, the bad guy defeated, good times reign for my side once again. In no other MMO have I seen hundreds of people feel jubilant after finally, after 3 long years, turning the tide in a war.

Laugh all you want. This is the game we love, this is the game we pay to play. And I will defend to the hilt a Soldiers right to AMS and happily pewpew in the absence of an NT/Trader/Engineer because when they're called upon those professions are suddenly and without equal, greatly appreciated. That's a feeling worth :15bux:.

If you find it so funny, stop spending your money on a joke.

@ Gunfytr: <3
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

I like the idea to make from soldier a big stupid trox at the moment soldier know 4 thinks AMS(tms) - Burst - FullAuto and swap AS :P , now if FC removing swap as he will know 3 thinks then its even easyer to play with soldier and more boring.
    Djantro tanked all thos players in BS afther huge work on his NT ... 300 symbs on trox NT and all thinks I dont know about NT that why i don't posting more , same thinks we want on soldier afther lott of work on soldier to have privilage to tank something and do more , not only ams-burst-fa .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast