Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMS Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post
    This is a "No." because there is absolutely no need for this kind of thing.

Absolutely none.
    None.

I wish it were possible to be constructive but when you look at the request, and play the game, and read the request, you laugh because it simply cannot be a serious request.

Then, when you realise they are being serious, "No." is the only appropriate response.
    Seeing as other profs can put up defenses, heal, evade and cap BS points all in the same time i do think there's something to be done about a nano that gives us protection but cant be ripped by X persons and you can't do anything else (heal up, cap) during it and some seconds after it finishes.
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

Quote Originally Posted by DaChain View Post
    Seeing as other profs can put up defenses, heal, evade and cap BS points all in the same time i do think there's something to be done about a nano that gives us protection but cant be ripped by X persons and you can't do anything else (heal up, cap) during it and some seconds after it finishes.
    only prof that can heal when they are capping points is those with heal perks and hots running, and in which case u can use heal perks and u can get hots from ppl, heal nanos cant be cast while capping couse nanocasting is locked. Also their defences dont include reflecting 87+% of damage. if solds could cap under AMS then the would be able to with success every time (bar melee hit) and dont say omgawd coon cappers. couse coon can get ripped thru very quickly and gives much much much MUUUUUUUCH less defence then AMS. + with APT AR incease evades cant do it easily now either.

since when can u not heal up with AMS? u have heal perks, u have heal stims, u have sitting battle heals, u have heal delta. allowing you to cast nanos like omhh will mean that a sold will be able to tank 5+ ppl and outheal their damage for the entire 1:20 its up, {edited by Anarrina: unnecessary} example is i've seen enabled tank me (a shade) and 3 others under AMS while sitting down healing up, for a very long time, add to that the omhh as equivilant to sitting HD + standing HD (cant cast while sitting) that some rediculous healing and surviving power
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 17th, 2009 at 17:21:25.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    dont say omgawd coon cappers. couse coon can get ripped thru very quickly and gives much much much MUUUUUUUCH less defence then AMS

since when can u not heal up with AMS? u have heal perks, u have heal stims, u have sitting battle heals, u have heal delta. allowing you to cast nanos like omhh will mean that a sold will be able to tank 5+ ppl and outheal their damage for the entire 1:20 its up, {removed from original post} example is i've seen enabled tank me (a shade) and 3 others under AMS while sitting down healing up, for a very long time, add to that the omhh as equivilant to sitting HD + standing HD (cant cast while sitting) that some rediculous healing and surviving power
    {Edited by Anarrina} second i wanna underline that AMS will hold up until a !!trader!! arrives and steals it or until a NT comes and nukes you seeing as omhh cant over heal a NT nuke, also if GTH lands there wont be enough nano to cast anything plus if UBT lands also you will be casting omhh once in a full moon, and furthermore underline that not ALL soldiers hug HD. My point is to give a viable survival option for people that use different (not HD) setups.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 17th, 2009 at 17:22:52.

{removed from original post} second i wanna underline that AMS will hold up until a !!trader!! arrives and steals it or until a NT comes and nukes you seeing as omhh cant over heal a NT nuke, also if GTH lands there wont be enough nano to cast anything plus if UBT lands also you will be casting omhh once in a full moon, and furthermore underline that not ALL soldiers hug HD. My point is to give a viable survival option for people that use different (not HD) setups.
    wow man a trader or an NT, 2 professions out of all of them that u have to fear (maybe engi's too, but kiting is ur frand), u poor thing. the fact remains that AMS is an amazing defence and this is proved by there being so many soldiers for exactly that reason. so u have ur defences removed by traders and NTs dosnt justify u having that heal under AMS when ur fighting any of the 11 odd professions that dont have that offence against u.

No, not all soldiers have 200+ healdelta, but if u give them the ability to use omhh under AMS, they wouldnt need to, couse that nano would be their massive HD, for nothing at all, and those that do have it will be unkillable to any1 that dosnt have reflect rippers.

I think wat u have here is "I can kill every1 but NTs and traders, i dont like dieing so please give us love"

This is a bad idea couse it would give soldiers an unthinkable amount of survival power.

No

No

No
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 17th, 2009 at 17:24:21.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841

wow man a trader or an NT, 2 professions out of all of them that u have to fear (maybe engi's too, but kiting is ur frand), u poor thing. the fact remains that AMS is an amazing defence and this is proved by there being so many soldiers for exactly that reason. so u have ur defences removed by traders and NTs dosnt justify u having that heal under AMS when ur fighting any of the 11 odd professions that dont have that offence against u.

No, not all soldiers have 200+ healdelta, but if u give them the ability to use omhh under AMS, they wouldnt need to, couse that nano would be their massive HD, for nothing at all, and those that do have it will be unkillable to any1 that dosnt have reflect rippers.

I think wat u have here is "I can kill every1 but NTs and traders, i dont like dieing so please give us love"

This is a bad idea couse it would give soldiers an unthinkable amount of survival power.
    I wrote down those professions as a reply to the coon being taken down fast point you were trying to make, please re read, also i dont rmmbr seeing an ENGI in bs for some months.
    There are also a lot of professions that do good against soldiers, for example a fixer can root you and leave until ams is down then come and shoot your bottom out. You obviously misread my post, it's not a give us love, it's a give us balance, TMS was conceived pre LE and everyone has nemesis nanos that work(not all but anyway), our only nano we got is not usable with our defense, that needs fixing.

Let me explain it in a simpler way so that you understand short of using drawings.

If AMS would be the best defense then ppl wouldn't get evade armor and HD , hell they wouldn't bother using anything at all but a FA gun, we cannot be dependent on our AMS and a patch up work of HD symbs, we need something concrete.

{This insulting first bit isn't needed! Stick to the facts and the debate! - Venachar}

so in my responce to your OP, no this is a bad idea. i can agree to allowing u to cast ur pierce nerves nano and taunt nanos under ams, no others
    Last edited by Venachar; Oct 17th, 2009 at 17:00:34.

i think this is a bad idea, if u remove the nano debuff, soldiers will be allowed to used omhh under ams, so combine that 200-300 together with their HD and heal perks and soldiers will have some insane healing under ams. they can already heal rather well with ams up, giving the effectively a 2nd healdelta tick will be unbelieveable overpowered.

changing nemisis nano to only require PM so it can be used under ams, is fine by me
    Bump. OMHH during AMS is over the top.

Casting AMS should do this. Pop a 2min Affected by AMS in your NCU, and an 80s Reflect + -4k Nanoskill nano, AMS itself. So the second AMS stops, your nanoskills are back so you can OMHH to offset the fact that you have 0% reflects.

This way, a soldier can choose to cancel AMS to RRFE people in BS. It won't make the soldier able to cast AMS any faster, but it's another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    This way, a soldier can choose to cancel AMS to RRFE people in BS. It won't make the soldier able to cast AMS any faster, but it's another option.
    Would this work in case of Borrow Reflect or Guardian ?

Would this work in case of Borrow Reflect or Guardian ?
    It stays if you cancel AMS and you'll be running with negative reflects. But this idea sounds good.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    It stays if you cancel AMS and you'll be running with negative reflects. But this idea sounds good.
    Yep, also it means that when we become aware of a trader, we can cancel AMS and proceed to OMHH (at least until GTHed).

How about removing the Nano Skills Innoperative downside of AMS and turning it into a "Recently Affected By AMS" . This should last like the Nano skill innoperative but not take -4000 nano skills away. This way between AMS we !!Finally!! can use our Nemesis nano or One more hit healing.
    How about just making AMS permanent instead?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    Soldier can tank 5 people (with slowly dieing) only with endgame HD imp. Otherwise he is going down very quickly. 10% from 1000 hit is 100. x5 = 500.
    Each profession can perk him with everything (init debuff, nano drain,...and ofcourse DD perks).

Getting end game HD imps is very loong journey..they are rare and expensive as hell.

Evades profs can get much faster their defensive setup (like MA, advys etc). Not mentioning when you are solitus for example...then less twinking also. Why you not mentioning advys for example ? Or you did not saw advys tanking 5 people at BS and then running away ? Soldier cannot run away coz usualy he is snared/rooted.

Or you did not saw enough vids on youtube where MAs or keepers tanking many peoples...runing aroung...etc ? Soldier without end game Attack rating can hardly hit evade proffesions. I remember times when MAs even on tl5 was "gurus" and just sit and wait while soldier AMS went out, because they just evade his hits.
    On 210-220 BS many times MAs dancing (/disco) in front of me and waving on me coz i cannot hit them. And when i hit sometimes they just heal self.

Considering how much time soldier needs to get 1000 more attack rating (without MR) while evades profs hits just 2 buttons (1000 evades) i think AMS is not that overpowered while your evades and heals working.
    {Edited by Anarrina: unnecessary} So you are saying, because it costs 500m a imp (Hello, back in the days, I paid 300m my Rarm, 500 my brain, 400 my ear, 250 my leg and feet, etc), and that you can get the same imp with slightly lowered stats (read ql 255) for almost nothing, that means tanking 5 people isn't retarded? No offense, but if all that stops someone from doing so is money, it's the worse argument you could have. If it needed, say an ACDC, which is a rare item, considering s42 doesn't run (on rimor at least), then ok, your argument would be valid, except it doesn't!

And your excuse of "other profs get their defense much faster" is as retarded as the rest, what level do you get AMS again? Clearly not 220 with your uber expensive HD imps. Same goes for your ofab back with 5% constant reflects.

Plus, you can't base this game off gimped soldiers, you base the game off the best equiped soldiers (I said equiped, not skilled, which is totally different). In this case, NO, an MA doesn't have time to /disco in front of you while you miss every hit, why? Because you would have 3,6k+ ar, and still have those 90% reflects. Investing IP in an EC3 doesn't cost you billions, yet it's endgame gear.

So please, stop pretending you can't tank 5 people under AMS when you actually can, given, just like everyone else, good equipment.

{Find a new word for your opponent's arguments than "retarded", or you'll find yourself rewriting your posts. Thank you.}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 17th, 2009 at 17:27:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post

Plus, you can't base this game off gimped soldiers, you base the game off the best equiped soldiers (I said equiped, not skilled, which is totally different). In this case, NO, an MA doesn't have time to /disco in front of you while you miss every hit, why? Because you would have 3,6k+ ar, and still have those 90% reflects. Investing IP in an EC3 doesn't cost you billions, yet it's endgame gear.

So please, stop pretending you can't tank 5 people under AMS when you actually can, given, just like everyone else, good equipment.
    You clearly have no idea what you are talking about seeing as the game isn't made of God Soldiers, but frequent players that don't spend nights farming credits and items. And a soldier tanking 5 persons under ams ? that was long time ago, get with the times. Plus not all soldiers have 90% reflects. You are basing your statements on a few soldiers, can count them on fingers, which hug HD and ams 5 like there's no tomorrow.We are talking about balance for the frequent soldier player not the "i don't need no stinkin sleep" hardcore player.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about seeing as the game isn't made of God Soldiers, but frequent players that don't spend nights farming credits and items. And a soldier tanking 5 persons under ams ? that was long time ago, get with the times. Plus not all soldiers have 90% reflects. You are basing your statements on a few soldiers, can count them on fingers, which hug HD and ams 5 like there's no tomorrow.We are talking about balance for the frequent soldier player not the "i don't need no stinkin sleep" hardcore player.
    The point isn't that most soldiers aren't that good, the point is that it is possible, and not too hard to accomplish. So that means all those soldiers who rolled because it was flavour of the month will on day become better (maybe) and then, we'll have a problem bigger than just the 5 that you claim are actual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Start finding more polite words for your opponents and their arguments, or find yourself rewriting your posts. Thank you very much.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

If AMS would be the best defense then ppl wouldn't get evade armor and HD , hell they wouldn't bother using anything at all but a FA gun, we cannot be dependent on our AMS and a patch up work of HD symbs, we need something concrete.
    You're kidding, right? AMS is the best defense by far simply due to the regularity and consistency it gives you, despite the nemesis profs you have.
    Evades are random as hell. The other professions that go for evade armor do so because evades work to one extent or another for virtually everyone, and despite it's randomness, does help. Try doing it with absorb items or reflect items and what's not prof locked generally doesn't add up to a truly useful amount.
    And HD? Everyone wants that because nobody is going to pass up more healing.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

True. AMS is nice defense. You can count on it against many profs. But will not save you because your HP will go down anyway. Just slowly. All perks will lands on you, all specials...everything. Just less damage. So its about time (how much HP you have) when you will die.

But good heltadelta can help you. True. As a soldier you need your healdelta be better then damage what you get trough reflects. So better reflect you can use and higher HD you can have...better defense you have. Sure there are items for specific type of damage. With them you can reflect more.

As evade profs...while you have good evades others will miss you with hits and will not perk you. So you will not get any damage. If you get any ..you can usually heal or you have symbs with "evades, addalldef and healdelta" (infantry,support,control). You can also use imps. Just there is collision for l-arm implant. But symbiants for l-arm will fix it.

This is about defense. About offense. Most people say sol is about burst-full auto. They are right. If we can hit with them we are fine....if we miss ...we are doomed (coz usually cannot perk also). Our perks are slow (except power up perks).

When we talking about balance...many profs has something against soldier (borrow reflect, reflect ripper, piercing nanos, something gainst casting nanoprogram - NSD, NCU haxx, init debuff) and it lands "pretty often". And damage from DD perks lands also.

AMS is nano program....it is not perk. Yeah it is nice nano....but still it is nano. You can break casting and everything what i said above.

Many profs on other side has perks. You can count on perk...it will run everytime you need it (it is just button). Nobody can drain your perks, lowers init on perk starting or something. You have perks for your defense. Evades (dof/limber), cocoon, bio regrowth etc...

You just have to know howto use your toolset. And ofc none toolset is good in everything. With AMS you can hardly kill solo in PVM. With evades and heals you can. In PVP AMS helps more maybe.......but this is what i call balance. You cannot be good in everything...
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

I dont mind not being able to use any nanos while under TMS/AMS. Its the sacrifice you make to get this defence, and it works pretty good. However, I do feel that end level soldiers can get way too much reflects (nanomage soldiers can even get 100% reflects to all damage types if Im not mistaken).

What I suggest is that TMS/AMS instead of adding to reflects, SET reflect values. That way it will be impossible for a soldier to get more than 82% reflect with the best AMS, regardless of other reflect items/perks and whatnots. Additional reflect should only add to reflects like RRFE etc. Getting 100% or even 90% reflects is not very well balanced.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    RI should be only fixed for what it is. For HOTs. And all support profs will be happy.
    Problem with what you're saying is Means have allready mentioned it's intended to block CH so it is fixed for what it is... Only thing that needs to be fixed on it is the description of the nano so it mentions CH too nothing else...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

seriusly.. the measure standard has to be the top players..
    if soldiers were able to cast OMHH during AMS they would be indestructible..
    I as an enf can tank 4-5 people in BS. IF they have alot worse gear then me.
    just earlier today i was doin BS and i have endgame gear, i consider myself not one of the best pvpers of the enfs but i do OK, but getting hit for 14445 FA with GSF full AAD equip and highway running is the problem an enf has.
    soldiers have fever problems then enf.. since every profession can cap specials on enf with a little luck. soldiers only have to worry about NTs and traders.
    if soldeir was able to cast OMHH during AMS even a fresh dinged 220 soldier in Carbonum armour would be able to kick my ass .. how is that for balance.

if u arnt willing to go the miles needed to grind endgame gear to be better and more effective then others in pvp, u dont have any right to complain about survivability.
    the whole point of balance is that evenly geared people should be able to win 50/50 if they are equal in gear and skill. this will never be aquired cause of the nemesis professions and how the game is built but imo that is what should be aimed at.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast