Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 16th, 2009 - Mighty perk documentation

Im going to try to be level headed here though it looks to me like my main is getting a massive nerf. I like the fact it seems like your making it so some perk lines do not require only one weapon skill. That should be give the game less of the cloned toon feel. I am happy after complaining about that for over a half a decade thats finally getting fixed. Like I said im going to try not to flip out and for ever I said I would never quit Anarchy Online but if it ends up that I spent eight years of my life playing eunucha turns out to be a waste of jesus I dont know how many days of my life. I hated Shadowlands .... in fact HATE isnt a strong enough word. The only thing that kept some glimmer of hope and enjoyment with that clone making crap was Mongo Rage. I need to stop this now and just wait. I will never quit AO but if this turns out to be a total ruin of my life as a trox doc and trust me I have put a big part of my life into this game. Guess it wont matter funcom will still get its payday from me. I guess ill just be logging on once every 6months or so to tell my guild Inner Circle hello from time to time. I will wait and see like everyone else. Hell so angry on this prospect I cant even type clear thoughts out. FFS

Eunucha 220/30/70 trox doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Something that takes some time does not have to be the longest Duel ever, nor does it require either party to be strong healers.

To break it down:
    Short Fights (less than 1 minute) = Not engaging and thus boring.
    Medium to Long Fights (A Few minutes) = Interesting
    Very long Fights (More than 5 minutes) = Dull tedium.

I personally feel that the intention should be to try and aim for the medium to long fights, not lasting more than a few minutes, but lasting longer than one perk cycle.

If you're making up perk chains to adapt to situations then the fights probably aren't Short Fights and probably last a few minutes. Which will also generally mean the person you are fighting has a chance to fight back, so I would agree that takes skill, killing someone before they get that chance to fight back though, is not what I would consider to be skilful or fun.
    This...

If I wanted fast paced fighting, I would have stayed with my FPS games... But those got boring...

Now I wanna play a game with a varied set of tools, and preferably the time to have a chance at using them...
    Being dead before the execution time of your first "tool" has commenced is not exactly a fun thing, nor does it inspire anyone to become better at using their tools, when there simply ain't no time to use them.

So... Less reflex play, more mind play...

Else I might as well go back to those dasm boring FPS games again...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Being dead before the execution time of your first "tool" has commenced is not exactly a fun thing, nor does it inspire anyone to become better at using their tools, when there simply ain't no time to use them.
    This is the #1 reason I'm not interested in MMO PvP in general at all, as in most cases it's not about how well can you use your toolset or come up with some unexpected tricks based on it which can turn the situation to your favour, but on how fast can you gank your opponent by dishing out enough raw damage near-instantaneously, preferably before he has any chance to react, let alone fight back, or on picking targets/fights where you can gank opponents by using methods against which he has no meaningful defence whatsoever.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Man the thought of going back to just a crappy healer got me so much into a Eunucha Rage I forgot that Mongo Rage was AI expan. The only advantage to playing a trox doc is Mongo Rage. Without it the only thing you have left is a useless toon. Its not the greatest thought to never get to perk pistol perks on anyone ever. Really sucks to think my new main doc is my 220 opi. If I ever log on that is. LOL its not like my doc is even remotely over powered with MR. Now it will just Suck at everything. PVP and PVM just wonderfull

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

"Dodge ranged -400" on laser paint target is way overpowered for level 30 soldier. Or does that scale up with level?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba View Post
    Man the thought of going back to just a crappy healer got me so much into a Eunucha Rage I forgot that Mongo Rage was AI expan. The only advantage to playing a trox doc is Mongo Rage. Without it the only thing you have left is a useless toon. Its not the greatest thought to never get to perk pistol perks on anyone ever. Really sucks to think my new main doc is my 220 opi. If I ever log on that is. LOL its not like my doc is even remotely over powered with MR. Now it will just Suck at everything. PVP and PVM just wonderfull

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    If i'm understanding correctly, your upset that your doc can't do awesome damage?

Well if that's the case you picked the wrong profession...

Doc is a support class, ment to heal, buff, de-buff, dot's and a bit of damage, if your looking for good damage well a doctor is not the way to go, but you really aren't explaining why your so upset.

I don't see whats so useless about a trox doc since you have better durability than soli,nm,and opi, and you can cast your end game nano's and fast.

Doctors are not a solo class, and if your playing it like they are, things take longer to kill with the low amount of damage you have. Doctors aren't supposed to be the ones the knock things down first, there supposed to be the last one to be knocked down, atleast imo

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    This is the #1 reason I'm not interested in MMO PvP in general at all, as in most cases it's not about how well can you use your toolset or come up with some unexpected tricks based on it which can turn the situation to your favour, but on how fast can you gank your opponent by dishing out enough raw damage near-instantaneously, preferably before he has any chance to react, let alone fight back, or on picking targets/fights where you can gank opponents by using methods against which he has no meaningful defence whatsoever.
    this is only a problem with ao currently other mmos not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    this is only a problem with ao currently other mmos not so much.
    It sure as hell was a problem in Warhammer Online when I was playing it. A Chosen (melee class) had no chance in hell against a Bright Wizard steamrolling towards him with some stupid LOL BURN GROUND AROUND MEH spell that caused massive damage. Since that AOE had longer range and completely retarded spammability, your only chance was to RUN LIKE HELL TO THE OTHER WAY rather than try to smash the other guy's head in.

And that wasn't always a choice if that bastard saw you first.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by fireduckjzz View Post
    If i'm understanding correctly, your upset that your doc can't do awesome damage?

Well if that's the case you picked the wrong profession...

Doc is a support class, ment to heal, buff, de-buff, dot's and a bit of damage, if your looking for good damage well a doctor is not the way to go, but you really aren't explaining why your so upset.

I don't see whats so useless about a trox doc since you have better durability than soli,nm,and opi, and you can cast your end game nano's and fast.

Doctors are not a solo class, and if your playing it like they are, things take longer to kill with the low amount of damage you have. Doctors aren't supposed to be the ones the knock things down first, there supposed to be the last one to be knocked down, atleast imo
    Lulz @ not being solo class.... not even going to make fun of you for it, not worth it.

Hes upset because of the upcoming nano nerf, and possible (definite MR nerf). Trox already have lower nano pool then other breeds, and doctors can run out of nano very fast depending on what they are doing so its going to hurt him more. Mr allows him to perk people in pvp which currently is hard to do for a doctor, not counting pistol perks. So hes getting a double nerf on the toon hes played the last 7-8 years and isn't getting anything positive out of it.

He's also probably pissed because of how cookie cutter FC has made docs and ended up making his setup udder crap. Doctors use to have alot of freedom with their weapons. FC however turned doctors into another clone prof which made plenty of people upset because they lost the freedoms of playing with odd setups and still being completive.

Doctors are a support prof, sure. However they can DD, they can solo, then can be pure support, they can do anything they want. If you think he was complaining about their damage he wasn't. No doctor complains about pvm dmg, he was using MR as a reference to help him with pvp damage.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba View Post
    Really sucks to think my new main doc is my 220 opi.
    Don't hate on the opi

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Doctors are a support prof, sure. However they can DD, they can solo, then can be pure support, they can do anything they want. If you think he was complaining about their damage he wasn't. No doctor complains about pvm dmg, he was using MR as a reference to help him with pvp damage.
    Truth is that he is wrong.

If he really thinks that a doc has crappy heals and without MR they're useless, well then I really think he has to reroll and stop going all emotional on this forum. According to him, 95% of the docs out there are useless.

I might agree there are certain difficulties for docs, but that is only for those who refuse to play in a team. (And no, docs aren't solo profs when it comes to pvp, logically)

Quote Originally Posted by Corily View Post
    It's not about MR or even docs. It's about killing uniqueness and forcing everyone to use the cookie cutter and be happy to be the 5424654643th clone.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    It's not about MR or even docs. It's about killing uniqueness and forcing everyone to use the cookie cutter and be happy to be the 5424654643th clone.
    This

I might agree there are certain difficulties for docs, but that is only for those who refuse to play in a team. (And no, docs aren't solo profs when it comes to pvp, logically)
    I solo pvp on my doctor all the time, no one has anyright to say a prof can or cannot solo pvp. You in no way have to be in a team to heal others.

If he really thinks that a doc has crappy heals and without MR they're useless, well then I really think he has to reroll and stop going all emotional on this forum. According to him, 95% of the docs out there are useless.

Doc's are as much a "solo" prof when it comes to PvP/PvM as any other prof is... Logically...

I solo pvp on my doctor all the time, no one has anyright to say a prof can or cannot solo pvp. You in no way have to be in a team to heal others.
    Ofcourse you have the right to play alone. But then it's quite obvious you won't have as many kills and thus shouldn't complain about it. (not saying you did, just pointing out in general)

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Doc's are as much a "solo" prof when it comes to PvP/PvM as any other prof is... Logically...
    Well in pvm mobs don't run away. Except when docs will get perma-unbreakable roots to their toolset, there won't be much 'soloing' around

Funcom has that right. and FC has always said pvp will never be balanced for solo pvp. they prolly have said somewhere about solo'ability of some profs as well, tho i cant think of a specific instance.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    ... It's about killing uniqueness and forcing everyone to use the cookie cutter and be happy to be the 5424654643th clone.
    Didn't you hear? Shadow Lands with symbs came out a few years ago.
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshey View Post
    Didn't you hear? Shadow Lands with symbs came out a few years ago.
    Something that finally seems to be changing with the removal of specific weapon demands upon perks. May it long continue.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Something that finally seems to be changing with the removal of specific weapon demands upon perks. May it long continue.
    This ^^ Major support from me on adding "options" and "diversity" in to AO from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    This ^^ Major support from me on adding "options" and "diversity" in to AO from the ground up.
    This...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast