Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 16th, 2009 - Mighty perk documentation

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    so what does equal good? with the current state of computer interfaces fast is all we got
    Being able to win in a duel that lasts some time, that takes skill. Not just being the fastest to get your alpha off, that's just luck.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Interesting starting point. I'll be looking forward to the next set of incoming changes to specials, nanos, general perks, etc. Thanks for putting this together for us, give the team a cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    Be the kick*ss GD we all know you are and please patch/spawn those filthy UPH and spooky leets on live today!
    Means, I am sorry, and you win. You have went from bad*ss to bamf to 31337 overnight. You win, I lose. Best GD evar!

P.S. Tyvm for the phatz/UPH's. Now we will all be prepared to jam out with pumpkin brains all over our boots in time for the Grind party!
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Being able to win in a duel that lasts some time, that takes skill. Not just being the fastest to get your alpha off, that's just luck.
    funny coz the longest duels always involve atleast 1 healing prof which for the other dude means fast and powerful alpha is exactly what he needs

and no alphaing is not just luck, u can do it the noob way pressing 123456789 or u can actually learn to alpha and make up perk chains as u adapt to situations

funny coz the longest duels always involve atleast 1 healing prof which for the other dude means fast and powerful alpha is exactly what he needs
    Something that takes some time does not have to be the longest Duel ever, nor does it require either party to be strong healers.

To break it down:
    Short Fights (less than 1 minute) = Not engaging and thus boring.
    Medium to Long Fights (A Few minutes) = Interesting
    Very long Fights (More than 5 minutes) = Dull tedium.

I personally feel that the intention should be to try and aim for the medium to long fights, not lasting more than a few minutes, but lasting longer than one perk cycle.

and no alphaing is not just luck, u can do it the noob way pressing 123456789 or u can actually learn to alpha and make up perk chains as u adapt to situations
    If you're making up perk chains to adapt to situations then the fights probably aren't Short Fights and probably last a few minutes. Which will also generally mean the person you are fighting has a chance to fight back, so I would agree that takes skill, killing someone before they get that chance to fight back though, is not what I would consider to be skilful or fun.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

- Many perk lines have been altered to work with a multitude of weapon lines, instead of
    locking the user to using a single weapon type. This allows further diversity in the
    weaponry choices that our professions have available to them, as well as allowing for
    more interesting diversity in the rebalancing efforts for the weapon lines.

So... my opifex pistol keeper will be able to use some keeper perk actions after all? Because now as is, all perk actions depend on 2he 100% lol O.o
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Dev attention plz:

on behalf of enfos(coz im the self proclaimed king of enfs) if ur gonna nerf stuns and attack perk speed so hard please just remove them from enfo perklines and give us something else to work with as we dont want to be the next keepers with parry/riposite toolset while the actual tool doesent work.

Quote Originally Posted by copperneedle View Post
    - Many perk lines have been altered to work with a multitude of weapon lines, instead of
    locking the user to using a single weapon type. This allows further diversity in the
    weaponry choices that our professions have available to them, as well as allowing for
    more interesting diversity in the rebalancing efforts for the weapon lines.

So... my opifex pistol keeper will be able to use some keeper perk actions after all? Because now as is, all perk actions depend on 2he 100% lol O.o
    Either that or 1he kepper
    Actually no pistol will not work, you need a melee weapon.
    Last edited by notcrattey; Oct 18th, 2009 at 21:42:34.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Either that or 1he kepper
    Actually no pistol will not work, you need a melee weapon.
    Sword and Board Keeper could work and would in many ways fit the Lore of the keeper, if there were any decent shields available.

just make a 2he skill weapon that you can dual with a shield and lock it to right hand/keeper only
    i would like to see shields being useful because of parry, that would be cool
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Thing about the whole shield thing, though... do keepers really need more defensive power? That is, at least, what I assume you want, being that you're asking for a shield? Something akin to the MP shield? Would be hard to balance that out, I'd say. Keepers would turn into nigh invulnerable brick walls.. any type of strong offense would majorly OP the profession.

I agree on the aesthetic level though, shields would look totally awesome

while on the topic of aesthetics how about some real manly weapons for enfs? im talking chairs, little children, roadsigns etc. i wouldnt mind godzilla style while challengerd either

Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    just make a 2he skill weapon that you can dual with a shield and lock it to right hand/keeper only
    Or a shield on your left wrist =oooo

Quote Originally Posted by cratters View Post
    Thing about the whole shield thing, though... do keepers really need more defensive power? That is, at least, what I assume you want, being that you're asking for a shield? Something akin to the MP shield? Would be hard to balance that out, I'd say. Keepers would turn into nigh invulnerable brick walls.. any type of strong offense would majorly OP the profession.

I agree on the aesthetic level though, shields would look totally awesome

Well, keepers are mainly perk dependent, and if they fail, against most profs, were dead, and since means is thinking of changing how perks work making it more difficult to land..thank god for AAD =D

I dunno bout TL7 keepers, but at Tl5, our defences fail miserably.

if you set up for evades, you can last a little longer but, uh, can't hit anyone except doctors.

If we can't get some offence going (SA) which WILL hit someone, we need substntially better defence or healing.

while on the topic of aesthetics how about some real manly weapons for enfs? im talking chairs, little children, roadsigns etc. i wouldnt mind godzilla style while challengerd either
    You got my support
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I dunno bout TL7 keepers, but at Tl5, our defences fail miserably.

if you set up for evades, you can last a little longer but, uh, can't hit anyone except doctors.

If we can't get some offence going (SA) which WILL hit someone, we need substntially better defence or healing.
    Yeah i had this problem at tl5 as well, and in tl7 if your perks don't land then it's time to run away

Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    this is the future, there should be no knights in this game. They are an eye sore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    this is the future, there should be no knights in this game. They are an eye sore.
    Lol what. Following your idea there shouldn't be any swords either. You would think a sword would break if it was shot at by a gun, or hit some armor.

So all mp's should lose their shields right? Coz this is the future.

Your right lets just get rid of shields and melee weapons all together, coz that's the way of past.

rofl.

lrn2imagineplz

Quote Originally Posted by fireduckjzz View Post
    lrn2imagineplz
    Although I agree with you fireduck, please don't ever talk like that again.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    Although I agree with you fireduck, please don't ever talk like that again.
    Heh sorry,

oh and btw, don't go to Camelot, you'll be blind for a week

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast