Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 16th, 2009 - Mighty perk documentation

Speaking from MP point of view:

Unnerfing NR checks for support profs means that pretty much I can go and perk more folks with Starfall or the like now, so a nanoskill setup actually has a point. I like.

I'm meh about the change to Channel Rage's duration (2hrs) since I'd rather have beefier pets if you're going this route, but I'll take what I can get.

Changing the Soothing Spirits perk timers from 40s to 20 is nice, as is the Ancient Knowledge perk action...scaling too, so it's got potential. I think some MP will figure out how to hit 3k BM to unlock 3k heal/nanoheal at some point, I wasn't too far off from it on my creation setup.

Adding some nanoskills and NR to the AI perkline means it's actually useful, but I don't think having the one damage action check Evade Close and Dodge-Rng will do any good, if anything it should check NR and have TS/MC for attack skills as opposed to AR (MPs don't get good AR, unless it's a creation weapon)

I've browsed some of the other changes and I like what I'm seeing, however I'm curious to see what else is on the works for general/group perklines. I also note a lack of new perklines for MP, and I'm curious to see if there's any other planned changes to the perks.

All in all, I'll say it's a good start for the MP. Not great, but a good start, and if the rest of of the changes look like this it'll be interesting to see where MPs stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    I think some MP will figure out how to hit 3k BM to unlock 3k heal/nanoheal at some point, I wasn't too far off from it on my creation setup.
    It's likely that's just the basis for the perk templates (like current perks are). So if you have say 2300 bm you should get 2300 healing...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    u forgot aao wont effect perks anymore, MR will be useless.
    I did, I hope they have their flameshield on for the biggest cry-thread ever.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

I welcome the changes for the trader AI perks.

Removed the suicide -10000 AAD and set hp to 1000. Thanks FC.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Heh, I posted a setup not long ago in the MP forum which was pushing nanoskills hard for use with the 1hb creations from APF, I was sitting at 2.8k I think after all was said and done.

I have in my sig a setup for casting Zhok at 172ish, on top of that, though it'll be too low for the perk action in question.

All that aside, can dump Regain Nano from Genius 2 and put the perks somewhere else finally.

Big thanks for sharing these plans with us Means!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    I did, I hope they have their flameshield on for the biggest cry-thread ever.

I believe aao will still be counted for perks that uses a weapon skill as AR, but the documentation was a bit fuzzy...

Could we get a clarification on that please?

Firstly, thanks for sharing these documents with us. I'm in agreement that it's hard to say for sure what the effects of these changes will be in practice just from looking at them on paper, but at first glance it seems good to me. Mostly just digesting it and other peoples' takes on what it might mean for the moment, since most of my initial thoughts are kinda vague and unspecific.

I would say that I particularly like these two paragraphs in the first document:

- Many perk lines have been altered to work with a multitude of weapon lines, instead of locking the user to using a single weapon type. This allows further diversity in the weaponry choices that our professions have available to them, as well as allowing for more interesting diversity in the rebalancing efforts for the weapon lines.

- Rebalancing efforts within the perk lines and across the additional toolsets of Anarchy Online will also feature an enhanced focus on teamwork and cooperation. Many of the changes to existing perks include enhanced incentives for teaming with others, while maintaining the solo aspect and functionality of the perk lines.
    ^ Both these paragraphs help to reassure me at least that you guys understand what a lot of us still value in AO, and the sort of attitudes we'd like to see a) encouraged and b) preserved. Thank-you.
    Last edited by AhndraCorvid; Oct 16th, 2009 at 19:35:30.
    :E

- Many perk lines have been altered to work with a multitude of weapon lines, instead of locking the user to using a single weapon type. This allows further diversity in the weaponry choices that our professions have available to them, as well as allowing for more interesting diversity in the rebalancing efforts for the weapon lines.
    This doesn't seem to be the case for engies. In fact it seems to be the complete opposite, you added weapon requirements where before there were none.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Any chance you could lower the defence check for "laser paint target" and "triangulate target" ? They are basically useless against evade Professions as they will never land and also as useless against all other proffessions as we will hit'em no matter what anyways.
    Unablässig von Blut getränkt ist die Welt doch nur ein riesiger Altar worauf alles was Leben hat geopfert werden muss; endlos, unablässig...

Dooma

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    I believe aao will still be counted for perks that uses a weapon skill as AR, but the documentation was a bit fuzzy...

Could we get a clarification on that please?
    Add all off will ONLY be added if the perk is using a weapon skill or weapon special as attack skill.
    Attack modifier is your attack rating.
    Attack rating = base weapon skill + add all off.

Add all def will ONLY be added if the perk is using dodge, duck or evade as defense skill.

I hope this made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Add all off will ONLY be added if the perk is using a weapon skill or weapon special as attack skill.
    Attack modifier is your attack rating.
    Attack rating = base weapon skill + add all off.

Add all def will ONLY be added if the perk is using dodge, duck or evade as defense skill.

I hope this made more sense.
    Then nerf Mongo Rage. Period.
    Last edited by SultryVoltron; Oct 16th, 2009 at 20:21:18. Reason: Nvm, got it.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

perk with attack modifier as skill will be changed to weaponskill+aao
    currently its weaponskill+aao*2
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

WTB Halloween 2009 content ASAP so we actually have a few weeks & plenty of time to do it before it disappears please.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Also, you're saying that, for example, all of the Agent perks which now have Attack Modifier as the attack skill will not be effected by AAO?
    I'll give you an example:

My agent uses a rifle.

If my agent uses a perk with 100% Attack modifier as attack skill:
    His rifle skill is 1500
    His add all off is 500
    My agent's attack rating is: 1500 + 500 = 2000
    Attack modifier = Attack Rating = 2000
    As you can see here, add all off will be added once if I use a perk with attack modifier as attack skill.

If my agent uses a perk with 100% Rifle as attack skill:
    His rifle skill is 1500
    His add all off is 500
    His total attack skill would be 2000 since add all off will be added when a weapon skill is used as attack skill.

Gosh, thanks for the laughs when I saw MAs' perks. Nice joke though, but it's nearly Halloween, not the 1st of April so what ?
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

My agent uses a rifle.
    Yay! Genele has an Agent! *Celebrate*
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Err does this mean it doesn't get added for perks using more exotic attack ratings (like nanoskills or tradeskills) ?
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    Err does this mean it doesn't get added for perks using more exotic attack ratings (like nanoskills or tradeskills) ?
    correct
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    yes. read the documents in the first post. These perks will most likely check against nano resist, which will no longer get add all def. For caster profs this is generally an improvement.
    Last edited by Raynefists; Oct 16th, 2009 at 20:52:39.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast